U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 04:40 AM

3,325 posts, read 4,853,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddez29 View Post
I agree with you about Miami. I am cuban and can't wait to get out of here people are so rude and not educated! Go to NJ for about a week or so and find out about jobs and so on. Good Luck!

Being Cuban has nothing to do with it that implies its only Cubans who are the jerks here but its EVERY Hispanic group- EVERY Black group -EVERY White groups-EVERY Asian,etc,etc .

Take random 10 people here from any group compare them to most other places and the 10 here will rank as the worse.

Its every group here every "tribe" that bites .

If he goes to NJ he will find more and more Hispanics who have no intention of learning English so I disagree about that being only in Miami however they certainly will be way nicer than here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 02:45 PM

24 posts, read 106,393 times
Default Can't wait to move out of this hellhole too!

Miami sucks, whether you're Latin or not. This city is going to become one enormous cultural wasteland in about 20 years. It's already a zoo. The museums, restaurants, schools are a joke.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:28 PM

463 posts, read 1,231,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt817 View Post
Miami sucks, whether you're Latin or not. This city is going to become one enormous cultural wasteland in about 20 years. It's already a zoo. The museums, restaurants, schools are a joke.
can you tell us why its a joke? and why would it be a cultural wasteland? is it because it has different races, or is it that the races there are worthless?

Quote:
Having unfortunately moved from LA to Miami about 2 years ago, I felt that I should warn you. I'm a physician here and do well financially, but we are fed up with the attitude, ignorance, poor service, lack of good restaurants, etc.... if you want to move somewhere for the experience, move to NYC.

p.s. Miami Beach is a dump and salaries here are ridiculously low.
never mind, I found why!

Old 11-13-2008, 05:38 PM

50 posts, read 152,261 times
Look at Utah. I was there for school 4 years (SLC). Don't think of Mormons. Think "winter olympics 2002." Think "The greatest snow on earth." 20 minutes to a half dozen resorts, instead of hours from Denver. SLC can get cold, yes, but when Denver is in the single digits we were in the 20's, and when Denver got over a foot of snow we measured ours in inches (in town, at least). The mountainbiking mecca Moab is 4 hours away. Cost of living is also much lower.

Why am I back in Miami? Only because my wife has trouble in the cold and now that I graduated I can afford to live in a high-rise in a semi-nice area near the beaches. Otherwise Miami would suck.

-B

Old 11-13-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwkerns View Post
Why am I back in Miami? I can afford to live in a high-rise in a semi-nice area near the beaches. Otherwise Miami would suck.

-B
so the only people who can enjoy Miami are if you live in high rises?

Old 11-13-2008, 09:49 PM

710 posts, read 2,014,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbaneAspects View Post
so the only people who can enjoy Miami are if you live in high rises?
I think he said that HE enjoys Miami b/c HE can afford to live the way he wants. Different strokes for different folks.

I think it would be up to YOU and how YOU want to live in Miami.
I'm certainly pro Miami in general, but FOR ME, I don't think it would be a great place to struggle financially.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:

You just described most of the South in fact most of America.

I dont recall many fine art Museums in my drive from PA through the South.

Granted I rather watch bark grow on a tree than go to a Museum, art festival, opera and other things you find in NY.

I spent close to every weekend in NY when I got out of the Army and many before that and would never compare the 2 places as far as entertainment and just outright selection of things to do.

Your comparing NY to the South thus its not only Miami.
If you want 4 star hotels and restaurants than perhaps you dont go to Alabama.

If you want to say this place has easily the worse politicians you have lived under-rudest people and just ill run than we agree but again dont fault it for not having Russian ballet perform 3 months a year .

Old 11-13-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwkerns View Post
Look at Utah. I was there for school 4 years (SLC). Don't think of Mormons. Think "winter olympics 2002." Think "The greatest snow on earth." 20 minutes to a half dozen resorts, instead of hours from Denver. SLC can get cold, yes, but when Denver is in the single digits we were in the 20's, and when Denver got over a foot of snow we measured ours in inches (in town, at least). The mountainbiking mecca Moab is 4 hours away. Cost of living is also much lower.

Why am I back in Miami? Only because my wife has trouble in the cold and now that I graduated I can afford to live in a high-rise in a semi-nice area near the beaches. Otherwise Miami would suck.

-B

Lol I dont miss the cold esp snow at all .
Some days I say to myself "thats it going to call a real estate today and leave this place " but than I say " geee the weather is fantastic" lol.

Miami has potential to be way better with the replacement of EVERY politician from assorted council , Mayors, Congress, Senators .
The current bunch offer nothing but empty words.

Traffic laws are a joke NEVER enforced -the poor and elderly who do not drive are doomed as there is no real bus service to take them to work,etc.

The list of problems directly related,caused by these speech giving do nothing political Miami parasites is huge.
They truly and simply do not care as actions or lack of them speak volumes .

Old 11-13-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealialex View Post
I agree Luis, we need to keep the news to ourselves! I do like reading the Miami forum though...My spin on rudeness in Miami? I work retail, and in Miami had to deal with csts opening packages, throwing items on the floor, etc. Here, no such thing. Almost every cst brings their own shopping cart all the way back to the store front, rather than leaving it in the parking lot to ding someones car. But shhh We dont want the rude people moving here

Lol the day after Halloween I went to Walmart .
I lost count of the number of people returning used Halloween costumes because it was "torn when they took it of the box" or " didnt fit"

One of the costumes had candy falling out of the pocket .
Not to mention how nasty they treated the women at walmart who worked the customer serrvice area.

Ofcourse it goes without saying that their kids used the costumes on Halloween than they returned them.
I was with a friend who has lived here all her life and has worked retail in clothing store . She wasnt shocked by that.
I certainly was esp when these same parents than get into their new Lexus or BMW.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Lol the day after Halloween I went to Walmart .
I lost count of the number of people returning used Halloween costumes because it was "torn when they took it of the box" or " didnt fit"

One of the costumes had candy falling out of the pocket .
Not to mention how nasty they treated the women at walmart who worked the customer serrvice area.

I certainly was esp when these same parents than get into their new Lexus or BMW.
A day in the life of a city slicker...welcome to Mee ami!

courtesy: I had to use that one
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
I wouldn't give up on Mee-ami yet!

Last edited by UrbaneAspects; 11-14-2008 at 02:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or