Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 04:53 PM

118 posts, read 220,722 times

Advertisements

why does cutler ridge still have white people and other miami dont.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:02 PM

710 posts, read 2,233,731 times
UH, there are plenty of "white people" in other parts of Miami. E Kendall, 25% of Doral (as we just learned), Pinecrest, S Miami, C Gables, Brickell, Grove, Key Biscayne are all ~40/60 white/Hispanic.
Parts Miami Beach are still VERY Jewish and nearly 100% white, Miami Lakes & the Aventura areas too are pretty "white."

Remember Cutler Ridge was a VERY Anglo area before Andrew -- many moved but plenty stayed. WHY? Not sure. Probably just an affordable middle-class area that was a reasonable commute. Tribes tend to like to stay together, so whites tend to like to live around whites, just like Cubans, blacks, Jamaicans, Haitians, etc. too.

Remember too that the older neighborhoods tended to be more in the center of Miami and they were cheaper as immigrants (almost 100% Hispanic) pushed in. Even Hialeah was nearly 100% white 42 years ago. SO, newer developments were more on the outskirts (hence south & Cutler Ridge).

So it isn't quite true that "other miami dont" have white people.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:08 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,671,359 times
Oh my god, are you serious? You have asked so many questions like this in the past and a simple visit to the American Factfinder website of the US Census would show you that there are plenty of white people - and several hundred thousand non-Hispanic white people - in Miami-Dade County.

Because you live so close to Kendall, Palmetto Bay, and Pinecrest you should know that there are loads of non-Hispanic white people living in Miami-Dade that don't live in Cutler Bay or Homestead...

Old 11-14-2008, 05:11 PM

118 posts, read 220,722 times
stop swearing at me i was onyl saying i looked for homes original in miami lakes when i lived in broward and i saw no black or white faces there so i move to cutler ridge and i see plenty of all. even hispanics.but i dont know why whites stayed here why is there many types here in miami lakes and others like hialeah its only hispanics.isnt cutler ridge not like dade mostly.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:15 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,764,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetsurf View Post
UH, there are plenty of "white people" in other parts of Miami. 25% of Doral (as we just learned),

Hey planet, how much of the 24% of whites in Doral are "speakie very little English" whites?

You don't have to speak English to be considered 'white' in the U.S. That is why as a non-Hispanic in Doral you don't feel like you're 1 out of 4, but more like 1 out of 20.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Hey planet, how much of the 24% of whites in Doral are "speakie very little English" whites?
I would imagine none. At least our friends (and wife's co-workers) speak English perfectly! Maybe you just have a hard time hearing English after so much time on Calle Ocho?

Old 11-14-2008, 05:27 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,764,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetsurf View Post
I would imagine none. At least our friends (and wife's co-workers) speak English perfectly! Maybe you just have a hard time hearing English after so much time on Calle Ocho?
Yea that's why... 24%. I know a Venezuelan family in Doral - clearly white people - they lived in Doral Isles. The mother and father could not speak English worth a damn. I'm sure this situation is quite common.

Try floating your "1 white person in 4" theory at the Wal-Mart in Doral, it will sink.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha man View Post
stop swearing at me i was onyl saying i looked for homes original in miami lakes when i lived in broward and i saw no black or white faces there so i move to cutler ridge and i see plenty of all. even hispanics.but i dont know why whites stayed here why is there many types here in miami lakes and others like hialeah its only hispanics.isnt cutler ridge not like dade mostly.
If you're talking about non-Hispanic white people, I'll give you Hialeah. It's overhwhelmingly Hispanic, even though many of those Hispanic people are "white." However, have you ever been to Miami Lakes? I believe it's about 30% non-Hispanic white. And I will agree that you don't go to Miami Lakes to find black people.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Yea that's why... 24%. I know a Venezuelan family in Doral - clearly white people - they lived in Doral Isles. The mother and father could not speak English worth a damn. I'm sure this situation is quite common.

Try floating your "1 white person in 4" theory at the Wal-Mart in Doral, it will sink.
OK, I think I understand why you're confused here.
Doral is 84% white but only 24% non-Hispanic white. Your posts are assuming that this 24% is mostly Hispanic when in fact it is NON-Hispanic. Your friend's parents living in their Doral Isles McMansion may be white, but they are NOT counted in the 24% of non-Hispanic white people.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:

I agree. And ONLY people from Doral shop there? I won't shop at Wal Mart but that's the closest one for me too.

At the Doral Ale House it justs about right. Check it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami