Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 03:44 PM

710 posts, read 2,234,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Even back then, I don't know if the trash throwing population was as stunningly non-diverse as it is now, being 80-90% Hispanic from Miami.
I've fished from bridges in the Keys exactly 3 times in my life (a couple of times on Key Biscayne too). All were in the early 80s. So I'm no expert.
BUT, the vast majority of other people fishing then were rednecky or blacks (I assume African-American but I didn't ask).

The trash & leftover, tangled fishing lines was appalling then.
The problem sounds the same, just a different crowd. The law needs to adapt. Good for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 03:54 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,765,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetsurf View Post
I've fished from bridges in the Keys exactly 3 times in my life (a couple of times on Key Biscayne too). All were in the early 80s. So I'm no expert.
BUT, the vast majority of other people fishing then were rednecky or blacks (I assume African-American but I didn't ask).

The trash & leftover, tangled fishing lines was appalling then.
The problem sounds the same, just a different crowd. The law needs to adapt. Good for them.
You're a lot older than me, but I ENVY you furiously!!! You saw Miami in the 1980's!!! You're my hero!

Old 11-16-2008, 03:59 PM

710 posts, read 2,234,267 times
Quote:
You're a lot older than me, but I ENVY you furiously!!! You saw Miami in the 1980's!!! You're my hero!
And survived!! It was WAY more dangerous then. The Cocaine Wars were real and people I know (even more so my wife who went to CGables HS) were involved in small, but still scary, ways.
Hell, I remember when S Beach was still full of old Jews who went down there to die and the beach was full of broken glass.
Plenty of things are MUCH better about Miami now.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:13 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Quote:
And survived!! It was WAY more dangerous then. The Cocaine Wars were real and people I know (even more so my wife who went to CGables HS) were involved in small, but still scary, ways.
Hell, I remember when S Beach was still full of old Jews who went down there to die and the beach was full of broken glass.
I thought that was back when it was paradise and everyone was friendly .

Old 11-16-2008, 04:38 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,765,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
I thought that was back when it was paradise and everyone was friendly .
The people who caused all the havoc in the 1980's stayed, along with their offspring. Most of the good people from the same period left...

Old 11-16-2008, 04:57 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,495,153 times
Quote:
The people who caused all the havoc in the 1980's stayed, along with their offspring. Most of the good people from the same period left...
such a tragedy, .

Old 11-16-2008, 05:02 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Quote:
Hey, I remember that stuff too. I remember when my parents would drag me to Ocean Drive every single year for 2 weeks. I remember having a great time though and meeting lots of cute guys, whom unfortunately I would have to say goodbye to so soon. I would fall in love every summer.

I do remember all the Jews sitting on the porches, leathering their wrinkled bodies under the sun to cure the arthritis. LOLLLL....

Then the whole area got wiped out with the Mariel boatlift and then they got wiped out by the big investors who have made South Beach. Wonder who will wipe it out next.

Maybe some of big mean bear's friends will wipe out every trace of any hispanic and they can have the whole place.

This hole thread and many others here sound to me like the Holocaust all over again.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:22 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,755 times
Quote:
This hole thread and many others here sound to me like the Holocaust all over again
What the hell do Hispanics know about suffering any major tragedy that can even be compared to the Holocaust ? Last time I checked Whitey wasn't putting Maria and Jose into concentration camps and than gasing them.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:44 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
What the hell do Hispanics know about suffering any major tragedy that can even be compared to the Holocaust ? Last time I checked Whitey wasn't putting Maria and Jose into concentration camps and than gasing them.
Just hold on a second there. Hispanics have had their share but I was in no way saying we have gone through anything like the Holocaust. Maybe I did not make myself crystal clear.

I was just saying that it sounds like it to me because of the tilt and meaning behind this thread and because of other threads from one particular poster who happens to hate hispanics and just cannot keep himself from belching it out every which way he can. If it were up to this guy, yeah! Hispanics would go the same route as the Jews.

I think we should all remember the Holocaust and never, EVER, let anything like it happen again.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:47 PM

727 posts, read 1,837,530 times
Quote:

Booyah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami