U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 01:08 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,563,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Coconut Grove, love everything about Miami and I'm never leaving!

Never leaving? Your current location doesn't appear to be Miami. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 02:41 PM

9,324 posts, read 24,109,027 times
It was listed as South Florida and in the time this thread has been going I moved from Key Largo to Hendry county. Life is so much better and I am closer to farming than IT. Miami is a place I am often in, but the area just seems to get worse and worse over time. I am trying to get my friends to move out here from Miami, but they are mostly trapped by their jobs. I love it here though.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:42 PM

5,187 posts, read 5,835,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
It was listed as South Florida and in the time this thread has been going I moved from Key Largo to Hendry county. Life is so much better and I am closer to farming than IT. Miami is a place I am often in, but the area just seems to get worse and worse over time. I am trying to get my friends to move out here from Miami, but they are mostly trapped by their jobs. I love it here though.

Working people don't have time or a need for a farm to work and live.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:02 AM

18 posts, read 52,985 times
Pinecrest. In the last ten years it has gone from relatively quiet, to congested and noisy...lots more traffic, lots more construction, landscapers with chainsaws and leaf lowers, loud loud loud neighbours etc. Smaller houses are replaced with gargantuan ones, trees cut down, so the loud people are closer to your windows and there's less shrubbery to deaden the noise...Coral Gables is much quieter, believe it or not.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:34 AM

9,324 posts, read 24,109,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Working people don't have time or a need for a farm to work and live.
Business owners can benefit from the reduced living costs of an area, less traffic, and a higher quality of living than a county run by corrupt politicians bending over to entice real estate scams. Working people need to eat, and it is a lot better to have produce at arms reach instead of going to Publix for overpriced, wilted greens and tasteless fruit.

My goal is to get enough people together to control county government and be business friendly but developer adverse. Most long time workers in a place like Miami are employed directly or indirectly by government. They are locked in their jobs by benefits that shrink over time and a salary that never keeps up with a Fed driven bubble cost of living.

Immigration 103 Trailer - YouTube

Old 02-22-2014, 03:40 PM

115 posts, read 180,052 times
I live in Little Havana, its not that great, feels more like low income trap slum, and the people are ****ty. I used to live in Coral Gables (currently work there), love the people and the international vibe it has. I went to school in Coral Gables Elementary (one of my fav years).. Miami is not for me though, not diverse enough in my opinion, no Asian influence (ex: Chinatown), no enough Mosques, where are all the Indians? Lack of actual Bilingualism (Spanish heavily preferred over English), too expensive to live in, too many ignorant people, too frigging hot! (I love the cold), too ghetto, I could go on.... lol

luckily I'm moving soon

Old 02-23-2014, 10:54 AM

66 posts, read 293,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackklight View Post
lol "cultures" miami just has different flavors of hispanics
We also have jewish people, Italians and Russians, South Africans, Haitians.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:43 AM

783 posts, read 1,142,481 times
It looks like ppl from Miami only wants to see diversity as a aesthetic thing instead of interacting with real ppl. My question is, why some people are so complaining about they neighborhoods is there are zero interaction no matter if you live in little havana, haiti, Coral Gables or the most sumptuous condo on the beach?

It looks like everything is about how-it-looks-like if you'll pardon the repetition.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:58 PM

57 posts, read 55,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
WRONG!

They UNDERSTAND English but refuse to speak it. A small percentage study English in their homeland and come prepared.

I honestly could care less if they refuse to learn English, that's their problem. They know they won't get anywhere without English.
ABSOLUTELY. I hate that and I am a Latino living in Argentina!

I learned English as a kid, so it's always a challenge and the most I enjoy when I visit the USA is the chance to speak English for real. I've been to places as diverse as San Fransisco, Phoenix, Detroit and New York, but when I visited Miami, people would talk to me in Spanish, and I was like "what the F! did I land on the wrong country! why are you talking to me in Spanish, you're ruining the experience!"

Old 03-06-2014, 12:36 AM

115 posts, read 180,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcacciola View Post
ABSOLUTELY. I hate that and I am a Latino living in Argentina!

I learned English as a kid, so it's always a challenge and the most I enjoy when I visit the USA is the chance to speak English for real. I've been to places as diverse as San Fransisco, Phoenix, Detroit and New York, but when I visited Miami, people would talk to me in Spanish, and I was like "what the F! did I land on the wrong country! why are you talking to me in Spanish, you're ruining the experience!"
Thank you so much!! I clapped while reading this because finally a Latin American who ACTUALLY wanted to immigrate to the UNITED STATES!!! not some copy and paste version of a Latin American city. I applaud you for respecting, and actually wanting to use our country's language because SO MANY people in this city don't. Unfortunately for some of us born and raised in Miami, yes, you did land in the wrong country. Good luck and continue your efforts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or