Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 07:02 PM

149 posts, read 562,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Well, you don't live in any of those bad areas, you live in Fort Lauderdale. Areas of Miami Gardens, Opa-Locka, Overton, Florida City, etc. are definitely would anyone would consider "dangerous". If they're not so bad then why not try living in them? They're bargain priced, and "safe" to boot (if using the logic that there's no bad areas of Dade).
I lived in Carol City for 3 years and still hang out in the area on a regular basis. I still get my hair cut down there and shop at the flea market on 183rd and 27th ave. I'm also a big high school football head and go to Northwestern, Central, Carol City and Booker T Washington games on the regular. Yes it's a relatively dangerous city, but my point is "it's nothing different than what you would see in any other US City."

Flint, MI, Detroit, MI, Gary, IN, and Camden, NJ ARE different than what you would see in any other US City. And YES. I've been to all three of those cities for extended periods of time. Over a third of the people live in poverty. Only 13 percent of Miami Gardens is below poverty.

Opa Locka mirrors those cities with poverty levels but its a city with 15,000 people. Opa Locka to Miami is like a mole on a supermodels cheek.

And besides that look at the other places your mentioning:

Overtown: 10,000 people
Liberty City: 23,000 people
Florida City: 8,000 people

Its little spots. You can take 27th avenue to 62nd street, drive east to US1 and your out of Liberty City. Detroit is Michigan's largest city and Flint is Michigan's third largest city.

Last edited by DCkid; 12-02-2008 at 07:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 07:15 PM

89 posts, read 1,048,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCkid View Post
I lived in Carol City for 3 years and still hang out in the area on a regular basis. I still get my hair cut down there and shop at the flea market on 183rd and 27th ave. I'm also a big high school football head and go to Northwestern, Central, Carol City and Booker T Washington games on the regular. Yes it's a relatively dangerous city, but my point is "it's nothing different than what you would see in any other US City."

Flint, MI, Detroit, MI, Gary, IN, and Camden, NJ ARE different than what you would see in any other US City. And YES. I've been to all three of those cities for extended periods of time. Over a third of the people live in poverty. Only 13 percent of Miami Gardens is below poverty.
I live in carol city almost near the lake lucerne/dolphin stadium area. He hit the mark with this comment.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:47 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,246,337 times
Well, you just admitted it was dangerous. The argument was over some poster on here saying that there were no bad areas of Dade period. No one's saying that there's no bad areas outside of Miami, we're just saying that they exist in Miami contrary to what one person on here says.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:41 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,530,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrox08 View Post
I live in carol city almost near the lake lucerne/dolphin stadium area. He hit the mark with this comment.

we might be neighbors. I don't feel in danger in this or any other community.

I just came in from a nice long walk in the cool too.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:38 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,148,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Well, you just admitted it was dangerous. The argument was over some poster on here saying that there were no bad areas of Dade period. No one's saying that there's no bad areas outside of Miami, we're just saying that they exist in Miami contrary to what one person on here says.
We're not forgetting that "bad" is subjective, are we?

Old 12-03-2008, 12:20 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,246,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten_Udder View Post
Thanks for today's educational lesson. ¡Buen trabajo!

Old 12-03-2008, 04:03 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,530,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten_Udder View Post

quoted for truth. it's not a matter of how bad you are but more of how one comports themselves in public. there are some folks on the plaent that others know not to mess with and it's not about being scary. you all know what I mean about that you know someone just like that. the second part of the equation is how you interact with others.

I don't get bitten by dogs and I don't get assaulted by humans and it's not because I'm a tough guy either.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:52 PM

89 posts, read 1,048,274 times
Well people say areas like miami gardens is bad, but lets not forget that most of the city is middle class and not impoverished. It's not like you're fearing your life when you step out of the door like camden and cities a-like. Overtown actually has some really kind people in that area. It's a lower class neighborhood and the people don't really mean harm. When people see poverty they automatically think danger. That's not always the case. However liberty city is also a lower class neighborhood and I consider it highly dangerous. Take a ride down NW 64th st and you'll see what I mean. Opa locka is also violent but I think Liberty City could beat opa locka any day. As with any large city, stay out of bad areas and use common sense and you should be ay okay!

Old 10-26-2009, 02:46 PM

32 posts, read 144,729 times
I was wondering is the area by moore park. (nw 36th and nw 7th) is that a bad part of miami?? cuz i was working at that burger king there and then i quit and had to move back here to tampa.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:43 PM

40 posts, read 111,793 times
rampage(full movie) - Google Videos# Its the first video wich shows how miami,fl compares to the war in iraq.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami