Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 08:27 PM

49 posts, read 171,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magik View Post
I was wondering is the area by moore park. (nw 36th and nw 7th) is that a bad part of miami?? cuz i was working at that burger king there and then i quit and had to move back here to tampa.

I believe that is allapattah and yes, it's a bad part of miami to live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 09:27 PM

7 posts, read 23,682 times
I have lived in many states, (RI, VT, IL, OH, ME, FL) and they ALL have problem areas/cities.... Like anywhere else, you need to research the area before you rent/buy. It doesn't so much have to do with the city and state govt. as it does the residents of the community, economy, etc. In fact (as I believe)_ governments that are TOO involved often shovel so many "free" handouts to people- that it does nothing but keep them dependent on the govt.- and in govt housing...which is often where you will fid your 'bad' neighborhoods. I live in the Brickell neighborhood- which is very nice and pretty safe (and you can find reasonable rent rates)....but you don't have to travel far (AT ALL) to feel like you practically in a different country....like a 3rd world one. Overtown seems to frequently have daytime incidents involving the spaying of bullets. Just be smart- know where to go (and where not to)...and know that every city has its problems.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:29 AM

3 posts, read 8,883 times
Everyone wants to talk about how much their city sucks but Miami really isn't that bad. I spent like four days there on the streets using my laptop as a pillow, leaving it unattended all the time and everything. When I slept on the beach I had my backpack and bike stolen. ON the Beach.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:08 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,201,329 times
I go everywhere in Miami, and have not had any problems. But, I go during the day, not at night. There are areas in Chicago, L.A., and Detroit, that I would not even go alone during the day. Miami does not have the big public housing projects like those cities do. Miami has "mini-projects", which are safer to go into during the day. Even Overtown. But, buy a house or condo in those areas...well, I would not, because I am pretty sure it would not be safe for me. Or even living in an apartment in those areas.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:47 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,091,350 times
Put it this way, Miami hoods like Overtown, Liberty City, Little Haiti, on up to Opa Locka and Miami Gardens have produced some of the most notorious black gangs and gangsters. It's a reason why Miami has been shown on First 48.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:40 AM

7 posts, read 4,605 times
Guys i am quietly confused about Miami. Can anybody suggest me is there any good tourist spot in Miami?

Old 10-11-2017, 04:22 AM

874 posts, read 891,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DhruvSingh7278 View Post
Guys i am quietly confused about Miami. Can anybody suggest me is there any good tourist spot in Miami?
This website is generally a hang-out for locals who hate Miami. Please excuse them, they clearly are not happy with their lives.

Milllions of tourists a year happily visit the city.

A few better websites for tourism info:
https://www.travelocity.com/things-t...xpid=11905%7C1

Miami and The Beaches | The Official Miami and Miami Beach Vacation Guide

Old 10-11-2017, 05:04 AM

505 posts, read 387,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JProg305 View Post
Hey Banx, most of Hialeah is middle class and lower middle class with moderate crime (mostly property crime) levels. However, southeast Hialeah, near the area where 79th street runs into Hialeah is industrial, gritty, poorly lit, and quite poor. For these reasons, more crime seems to happen in this area of Hialeah. Granted, it's not on the same level as Liberty City or Opa Locka. My grandma lives out there and she has been the victim of various crimes (muggings, burglaries, etc.) and the thug element is very strong in this part of Dade county. West Hialeah, near the Palmetto suffers from much of the same problems. It's ugly, industrial, deserted at night, and full of low rent apartment buildings that are poorly lit and concentrated in a couple of areas. Snobby people in Hialeah are kidding themselves and most of them live in areas outside of the city limits like Miami Lakes, Hialeah Gardens, etc. While you're not likely to see alot of murders in Hialeah, their are plenty of assaults, armed robberies, burglaries, and plain nastiness. Just my two cents as someone who was born in Hialeah and raised in other areas of Dade and Broward.

I lived in Hialeah many years ago and I kind of liked it. I remember I was near Palm Avenue and Okeechobe river, near the bridge, at a walking distance of hitch and hike? BBQ close to Miami. People were down to earth and humble, there were mostly Cuban peasants and American working class, both different from people in other areas in the city, friendlier. Lots of factories. There was a small black guetto that were nice people, never revolted during the riots. I know that the area exploded demographically, but still retaining that working class atmosphere. Crime, at that time not beyond car jacks, some minor property crime, normal.

No relation to LB and OT, c'mon.

Old 10-11-2017, 08:47 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,557,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
Put it this way, Miami hoods like Overtown, Liberty City, Little Haiti, on up to Opa Locka and Miami Gardens have produced some of the most notorious black gangs and gangsters. It's a reason why Miami has been shown on First 48.
and who are these gangsters victimizing? Other gangsters sort of like the insane murder rate in Chicago.
If you're not in a gang or dealing drugs you don't have to worry about being a victim of a gang.
But thanks for scaring the white folks Donald !

Old 10-11-2017, 09:05 PM

21 posts, read 20,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
If you're not in a gang or dealing drugs you don't have to worry about being a victim of a gang.
The gangs seem to be a little more underground in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami