Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 02:27 PM

244 posts, read 920,722 times

Advertisements

As everyone knows, the greater Miami area is a foodie heaven. I consider myself to be an open minded and adventurous eater and I'm always looking for new places to get a bite. Some of my favorite types of cuisine are Haitian, Jamaican, Bahamian, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Peruvian, Japanese, Middle Eastern, Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, Ethiopian, and the list goes on. So what are some of your favorite places to nosh? All price ranges and cuisines are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 03:55 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
I frequent two restaurants quite often, both have great service.. but they don't speak English, but I'd assume they would still be friendly if you couldn't speak spanish

Los Tres Amigos, it is a Mexican Restaurant for around a $7 meal + $2 dollar drink. Food is great and it always fills me up. The juice they serve is all from Mexico and I can never find them around Miami. Always the same waitress and she's very nice. Located on NW20 st and NW10 ave just down the street from Jackson Memorial Hospital (next door to the Wendy's).

Mi Pueblo: Colombian restaurant located in sweetwater, I've been here a few times and every single time the service is great. The meals are very big and almost guranteed to fill you up. It is around 10 dollars + drinks. Located on 10910 W. Flagler.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:12 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,907,231 times
Romeu's in SW Ranches has great Cuban food. Not fancy. It's diner style. Not every single waiter speaks English but some of them do. I have never had a problem getting what I want....

Old 12-02-2008, 04:50 PM

33 posts, read 118,031 times
Isn't everything in Miami ethnic? Just look around, every restaurant you see could be considered 'ethnic'. On 8th street, with 100's of restaurants, I think there is only 1 non-ethnic restaurant - Uncle Tom's Barbecue!!!

What is considered ethnic in Miami?

Last edited by jward001; 12-02-2008 at 05:06 PM..

Old 12-02-2008, 05:03 PM

710 posts, read 2,233,575 times
Japanese -- Matsuri on Bird & Red. Always filled with real, live Japanese folk.

Pita Hut -- Miami Beach on 41 St. Good Israeli.

Maroosh -- Middle Eastern on Valencia (I think) in CGables

Old 12-02-2008, 05:27 PM

176 posts, read 646,885 times
Raja's in downtown...ne 2 ave/ ne 1 st....indian sit-down joint...inexpensive

Little Saigon...Ponce De Leon and around Minorca? Ave....

The Indian restaurant behind pollo tropical at douglas and coral way...forgot the name

one of the best jamaican restaurants I've been to is up in broward.....bar on one side..nightclub on the other....and I forgot the name.....ahh.the hibiscus lounge...corner of sunset strip and sunrise...great jamaican chinese meals....the island restaurant by the hammocks library is a good neighborhood place

there is a dim sung restaurant in or across the megaplex of dept stores where the bird road flea market was....

canton on sw 8 st/ 92? ave serves authentic chinese

el meson del paraiso on sw 120 st and 127 ave serves the best peruvian I've ever had...and the buffet at the kendall mall next to the chifa (peruvian chinese restaurant) has great chupe (a type of corn soup?) and the friendliest owners..I speak spanish pretty good though. In downtown there is a colombian buffet place called La Orquidea...the owners are from Bogota and their sancocho de gallina is phenomenal

Mykonos on the Coral way/ 3 ave bend has wonderful greek food...if you ever venture up to broward there's another called the greek isles right across from shooter's on oakland park blvd....first one is come as you are the other one has a more upper west side lounge feel....

the delicias de espana food market next to allen's drugs has great wines....and the cafe seville on east oakland park blvd before the intercoastal bridge is top notch....reservations are recommended there.

The only ethiopian restaurant I know of down here is in buena vista...ne 2 ave and approx 45s t?

The best mexican I've had is rosita's in fla city...and the one on sunset and 102 ave..

that is all

Old 12-02-2008, 05:54 PM

Thanks for all of the feedback. I'm definitely going to have to remember El Meson del Paraiso because I love Peruvian food. There's alot of good Peruvian restaurants in Broward, especially in Hollywood. Las Totoritas is one of the best in Broward with an amazing Mariscos Saltados and some really good Chupes too. I also like El Tumi on Johnson and Chalan in Miami Beach. The Ethiopian place is Sheba, I've heard it's good but I've never been there, although I do love Ethiopian food. For middle eastern I like Pasha's (a couple locations around Dade), the Rice House of Kabab (in south Beach-good Iranian food), and Falafel Fans Exotic Bites in downtown Hollywood (there's two of 'em, I like the one that's not on Harrison St. cause it's more authentic. Homemade stuffed grape leaves, mint tea, cheese konafa, hookahs, and the best falafels in the galaxy with a homemade hot sauce that's so good I would bathe in it. I'm Cuban so I don't usually go out for Cuban food. My grandma makes better Cuban food than any restaurant I've ever been to, even on 8th street. Although, Asturias is a great little hole in the wall in east Hialeah (really good stuffed snapper and shrimp dishes). I like Hiro for Japanese (off of the 163rd street causeway), partly because they have an entire menu devoted to yakitori (things grilled on sticks-even scallops, squid, oysters and the like) and they stay open really late (3 or 4 am). Franktitude is fun if you want a gourmet hotdog, especially the salmon dog with avocado, tomato, wasabi mayo and crushed banana chips. YUMMMMMM! Another great spot is Le Sandwicherie on south Beach (open mad late, until 4 am or so). They have crazy good sandwiches with French dry salami and brie and all types of high end fillings. Happy munching.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:00 PM

OH SNAP! I almost forgot to mention one of my favorite late night snax. Cuban pizza is a must for anyone who hasn't tried it. Just find your local Rey's Pizza, Montes de Oca, or Polo Norte. I like mine topped with picadillo, chorizo, shrimp, lobster, or if I'm feeling saucy, sweet plantains. Yes, sweet plantains make an amazing pizza topping.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo7221 View Post
Little Saigon...Ponce De Leon and around Minorca? Ave....
YES. Good one.

Quote:
The Indian restaurant behind pollo tropical at douglas and coral way...forgot the name
House of India. Very good.

Quote:
there is a dim sung restaurant in or across the megaplex of dept stores where the bird road flea market was....
Tropical Chinese?
Very good, as good as I've had in San Diego or NYC. (The dim sum I had in China WAS still better. lol)

Old 12-02-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JProg305 View Post
Thanks for all of the feedback. I'm definitely going to have to remember El Meson del Paraiso because I love Peruvian food. There's alot of good Peruvian restaurants in Broward, especially in Hollywood. Las Totoritas is one of the best in Broward with an amazing Mariscos Saltados and some really good Chupes too. I also like El Tumi on Johnson and Chalan in Miami Beach. The Ethiopian place is Sheba, I've heard it's good but I've never been there, although I do love Ethiopian food. For middle eastern I like Pasha's (a couple locations around Dade), the Rice House of Kabab (in south Beach-good Iranian food), and Falafel Fans Exotic Bites in downtown Hollywood (there's two of 'em, I like the one that's not on Harrison St. cause it's more authentic. Homemade stuffed grape leaves, mint tea, cheese konafa, hookahs, and the best falafels in the galaxy with a homemade hot sauce that's so good I would bathe in it. I'm Cuban so I don't usually go out for Cuban food. My grandma makes better Cuban food than any restaurant I've ever been to, even on 8th street. Although, Asturias is a great little hole in the wall in east Hialeah (really good stuffed snapper and shrimp dishes). I like Hiro for Japanese (off of the 163rd street causeway), partly because they have an entire menu devoted to yakitori (things grilled on sticks-even scallops, squid, oysters and the like) and they stay open really late (3 or 4 am). Franktitude is fun if you want a gourmet hotdog, especially the salmon dog with avocado, tomato, wasabi mayo and crushed banana chips. YUMMMMMM! Another great spot is Le Sandwicherie on south Beach (open mad late, until 4 am or so). They have crazy good sandwiches with French dry salami and brie and all types of high end fillings. Happy munching.
Great ideas -- most of these I've never heard of. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami