Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 09:38 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,457,397 times

Advertisements

You guys are not going to believe what we saw last night on the Palmetto Expressway. Last night at 6:30 p.m. we were driving north on the Palmetto when suddenly the far left lane came to a stop, like we almost could of had a pile up of cars. Some idiot had missed the 8th street exit. He literally came to full stop in the far left lane on the Palmetto Expressway and actually turned his car around and went back to the exit, he actually drove south on the north bound side and crossed over like 4 or 5 lanes (not sure how many lanes are in this part) of traffic of the Palmetto Expressway to get back to the exit. This would only happen in Miami, it boggles my mind what this person was thinking.

Last edited by doggiebus; 02-28-2007 at 09:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 11:48 AM

929 posts, read 1,157,029 times
hhahaha. nothing surprises me anymore

Old 02-28-2007, 03:21 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,039 times
I have seen those wrong way drivers at the Palmetto before too. The THREE times I saw this was also in the northbound lanes for NW 25th St and the 836 exits. The cars only backed up....but do you think they used the soulder? Perish the thought! Why take the hassle of switching to the shoulder? Just create a life threatening traffic jam. And when I dared give one of the drivers a nasty look, he gave ME the finger, like how dare I!?! OMG this thread is too funny. But what is actually scarier are when the wannabe regaetoneros percieve that they are in competition with you. They think they have to beat you to pass you for some imagined reason, and they will cut you off and slam on breaks. It really is scary.

I think the 836 826 interchange is like the vortex to Hell. Both highways back up here, people create traffic jams by refusing to wait in the exit lanes, drive on the steep grade adjacent to the road to bypass the ramp...it is unreal. But yet, people still claim that this behavior is normal in all major cities....yeah, right. You a-holes are probablly the people we are talking about here!

Old 02-28-2007, 04:20 PM

The Palmetto Expressway north-south section was named for the road it essentially replaced in 1958, which was Palmetto Road (S.W. 77th Avenue and N.W. 77th Avenue).

Old 02-28-2007, 04:31 PM

929 posts, read 1,157,029 times
i think i've located the home town for most of the idiot drivers on the roads
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mor%C3%B3n,_Cuba

Old 02-28-2007, 05:31 PM

too funny!

Old 02-28-2007, 06:11 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,159,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
CiXel you are getting funnier by the hour. Did you take your meds today? I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself while you're foaming and having your convulsions.

Old 02-28-2007, 07:13 PM

170 posts, read 285,408 times
Today’s adventures on the Palmghetto Expressway (SR-826):

• No less than 11 people cut me off, most of them were driving pickup trucks and most were reggaetons “riding it like a Ford”
• No accidents today, but many near misses
• People still don’t realize that the rightmost lane where you exit for Tamiami Trail is a DUAL USE lane, so there’s no need to panic and throw your car into the next lane and into the path of oncoming traffic
• On the way home, I was nearly crashed into by a dumb thug boy driving a Honda Civic (I’m guessing that he was from Kendall)
• Too many 18 wheelers going too fast – a recipe for disaster, if you ask me
• Driving on the Palmetto is like driving on a dirt track and sooner or later, I fear that one of my tires are going to “pop”.
• As usual, I saw many morons using the shoulder as an extra lane just to get a few cars ahead. They did it right in front of a Miami Dade cop, but of course, the cop did nothing.
• I’m tired of the radio stations here, especially in the morning. 93.1 is OK, but I can’t stand Jay & Dave in the Morning – who hired those 2 idiots? They’re not as bad as Lex & Terry on the old 94.9 Zeta though, that’s for sure!
• I’m tired of reading people’s stupid bumper stickers. I particularly hate those cheesy-ass stickers that soccer moms in particular are fond of (those stickers of the mom, the dad, the kids and the pets). I also hate those “Jesus is the reason for the season” stickers and those “My son is an honor roll student at xxxx elementary”.
• I wish they had speed cameras on the Palmetto

Old 03-01-2007, 06:08 AM

170 posts, read 285,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gross Rexman View Post
Heavy traffic in a big city with rude drivers to boot. What a news flash.
Miami is *not* a big city....it's a large urban mass, but it is not a "big city".

Old 03-01-2007, 06:39 AM

88 posts, read 491,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
Very funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami