Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2012, 05:23 PM

272 posts, read 906,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
"dark clouds"? can you be anymore racist? Black people happen to like beaches too but perhaps you prefer the South Beach of the 1970s with elderly white Jewish women sitting on hotel porches since they were non threatining to you.

It was nice back then, the only problem was the urine smell. But how could SB turned into such a nasty place considering rent prices, club prices, etc.? Anyways, it was an artificial place created from scratch in a few years, and whatever goes up fast, falls fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 05:53 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizarro View Post
It was nice back then, the only problem was the urine smell. But how could SB turned into such a nasty place considering rent prices, club prices, etc.? Anyways, it was an artificial place created from scratch in a few years , and whatever goes up fast, falls fast.
Artificial? The Art Deco district is "artificial"? Vegas is artificial not South Beach.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:55 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
Depends on the part of the Bronx you are talking about. Some parts of the Bronx are nicer and more expensive than anything Florida could ever offer. Riverdale comes to mind.
yea but thats just one neighborhood out of the whole borough. Bronx is still probably the most the poorest county in the country.

its either your poor living in the south/west bronx, or working class/middle class live in the east/north bronx.

the northwest bronx which is riverdale is the only real wealthy area.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:39 AM

10 posts, read 19,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodymiami View Post
should go to homestead/ goulds looks worse than that. vast amounts of trash in yards.

I was having the same thought. Some of those pics looks exactly like Homestead anyway....LOL

Old 10-23-2012, 04:30 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,694,349 times
I can't say the pics look like the Caribbean to me. Ghettos in the Caribbean (The DR & Cuba in my experience) tend to be overcrowded and built up. These pics look spacious and deserted of people.

I resembles more "el campo" or the country towns of Cuba - except for when you see a huge overpass. Also, Cuba is not as dirty.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:34 PM

169 posts, read 309,878 times
You was barely in the hood.
Why didn't you drive through the PB's taking pics.
You only had like two pics in the city.
didn't even get overtown in up pics.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:41 AM

798 posts, read 1,459,391 times
Ghetto ppl exist for lacking of opportunities; therefore, it is not surprising they get low income and try to survive. And u all would say: "that's not true. They do have opportunities and of course we have som exceptions", but, if u had raised in a neighborhood surrounded with cultural disadvantages wouldn't you end up being "ghetto" too?

I mean, taking pictures of the disadvantaged ppl does it make you feel good? like saying, "oh thks God I am not like them with my 200K house". ... That's disgusting and sick..
Watching slums and poor neighborhoods are normal in $8 per hour wage average city.

Just saying.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:03 PM

229 posts, read 533,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Miami Beach turned ghetto many many years ago. That's why my friends and I stopped going. After coming out of a club and a group of three ghetto ass thugs tried talking to us. I politely said no thanks and the guy threw a bottle at me!!! Luckily right in front of cops..POS!!!
So Miami Beach is a "ghetto" just because you had one bad experience there? Maybe you just need better social skills instead of insulting other people who you judged just because of how they looked.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:17 PM

118 posts, read 371,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Miami Beach turned ghetto many many years ago. That's why my friends and I stopped going. After coming out of a club and a group of three ghetto ass thugs tried talking to us. I politely said no thanks and the guy threw a bottle at me!!! Luckily right in front of cops..POS!!!
If they threw a bottle at you, then you judged them by their looks perfectly. Anyone that gets rejected by a girl and acts like that is seriously ghetto.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:19 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times
Throwing a bottle after being rejected... that's just low life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami