Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 12:14 PM

383 posts, read 343,470 times

Advertisements

Hi there! Last year i bought a pass (120$) to all Florida`s state parks. I visited many of them during my trip from Miami up to north Florida. Few places stuck in my mind such as Key Biscayne in Miami and Brooker Creek in Tampa. Although one amazing place were missed by me - park at Virginia Key (next to Key Biscayne). I`m gonna be there soom so i was wondering if this park is a state park or not? I mean either my pass is valid there or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 12:51 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,414,037 times
Virginia Key is NOT a State Park, and I don't believe there is even an entrance fee. I am not sure about the second part of my statement , therefore people that know that can answer you. But NOT part of the Fl State Parks System at all.

If there is an entrance fee it goes to Miami Dade County Parks, and they can use the money, that's for sure !!!

Old 08-23-2018, 01:07 PM

May be it doesn`t have an entrance fee if you are ride a bicycle or go there by foot. But it definitely has a fee for a car (8$). As a tourist it`ll cost me an arm and a leg)) That`s joke) Actually my pass is still actual and obviously i would be better to use it intead of paying twice..
Browsing a google map i saw plenty of parking lots which was closed by a chain. I can't get why those parking lots were made for if they closed all day long?

Old 08-24-2018, 04:25 AM

Not a STATE PARK. So you wanna Park ??? You gotta Pay.

Virginia Key
-----------------
Virginia Key Located on Key Biscayne off the Rickenbacker Causeway lies an 82-acre barrier island called Virginia Key. The property belongs to the City of Miami and is maintained by City of Miami Parks and Recreation Department, the responsibility is shared in part with the Virginia Key Beach Trust who manage the historic portion of the beach front and oversee the preservation and future development of Virginia Key Beach. For the safety of our visitors and your pets, we ask that you refrain from bringing animals including dogs to Virginia Key, as we have a lot of wildlife in this protected habitat. Service animals are allowed.

Virginia Key Beach Ocean Rescue Information:

Guard on Duty: The City of Miami Parks and Recreation Ocean Rescue Section boasts 3 elevated and mostly enclosed lifeguard towers, spaced approximately 150 yards apart.

City of Miami'spublic beach is professionally guarded 365 days year

Winter (November-March): 8:15 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Summer (April-October): 9:15 a.m.-6:00 p.m.

Parking & Admission Fees to Virginia Key Beach: (No Re-Entry)

Parking Fees as of February 27, 2017 will be collected through the Pay by Phone and Pay By Plate program. You can download the Pay by Phone app at www.paybyphone.com or through the app store on your smartphone.

Fees:

Weekdays - $6
Weekends and Holidays - $8
Buses - $25
Annual Fee - $150*
*Instructions for purchasing the annual pass will be updated shortly

No overnight parking is permitted in the park

Did you Visit The Hillsborough River State Park ???? Wekiva Springs ???? Nice Places.

Last edited by Hammocks Bum; 08-24-2018 at 04:33 AM..

Old 08-27-2018, 01:12 AM

56 posts, read 134,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsik View Post
Hi there! Last year i bought a pass (120$) to all Florida`s state parks. I visited many of them during my trip from Miami up to north Florida. Few places stuck in my mind such as Key Biscayne in Miami and Brooker Creek in Tampa. Although one amazing place were missed by me - park at Virginia Key (next to Key Biscayne). I`m gonna be there soom so i was wondering if this park is a state park or not? I mean either my pass is valid there or not?
Did you go to Bill Baggs Cape in Key Biscayne with the pass? That's the only FL state park there.

Crandon and Virginia Key is run by the city so the pass probably won't work. Both have manned pay station so it wouldn't hurt to ask. They might accept it or give you a reduced fare, it's up to the employee.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:51 PM

I told that to the Pep Guy, of course, no answer....

Old 08-28-2018, 09:24 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley_ View Post
Did you go to Bill Baggs Cape in Key Biscayne with the pass? That's the only FL state park there.

Crandon and Virginia Key is run by the city so the pass probably won't work. Both have manned pay station so it wouldn't hurt to ask. They might accept it or give you a reduced fare, it's up to the employee.
Just an fyi: Crandon is a county park.....not a city park.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:43 PM

56 posts, read 134,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
Just an fyi: Crandon is a county park.....not a city park.
Ok honest mistake.

Doesn't help that all the parks there are managed by different entities. Confusing for tourists

Have to pay again just to go to the historic and non-historic Virginia Key due to this.

More efficient if there was a universal park pass or at least pay by phone for all of them.

Old 09-06-2018, 12:30 PM

Hammocks Bum Wesley_
Thank you for responding.
I`ve never been neither Hillsborough River State Park nor Bill Baggs Cape. Although i`ve been to the place at the edge of Key Biscayne where has been something like a lighthouse and huge amount of lizards were taking a sunbath.Possible it was Bill Baggs Cape.

Doesn't help that all the parks there are managed by different entities. Confusing for tourists

Have to pay again just to go to the historic and non-historic Virginia Key due to this.

More efficient if there was a universal park pass or at least pay by phone for all of them.

Definetely! First time when i bought a pass i was sure it is valid on every park. But it wasn`t. Moreover, lots of park i`ve been in FL have different entry fee inspite the fact that they seems to me quite the same - trees, swamp, wooden track etc. Sure enought that park fee doesn`t cost me a pretty penny even for me as a tourist...But they had better made an universal pass with a little higher cost.
There were only two places in Miami that cost me an arm and a leg - botanical garden (~40$) and zoo (~30). It was really rip off )).

Old 09-06-2018, 12:42 PM

Cool...Wekiva Springs in the Altamonte Springs Area N from Orlando is a beauty, and free with your pass, if it remains active, I HIGHLY recommend the Place.

Greetings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami