Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 05:49 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,248,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLkid754 View Post
Lol I bet most of the people saying that Gated communties suck have never lived in one.
- All of the house do not look the same. There are different model houses, some have pools some do not, some have extended driveways some do not, you can arrange your garden the way you want, my friend planted a pineapple tree in his yard and has a religous statue, the people on here make it sound like this would not be allowed, but it is.
- I like being able to have 24/7 access to a fitness center and not feeling unsafe walking home.
- What are there, two different types of houses? That's some variety! In fact, I've seen a neighborhood in Coral Springs where every single damn house was literally the same with NO variety at all.

- Walking home from where? Your fitness center? Certainly your work place does not exist in your gated community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2008, 09:04 PM

88 posts, read 269,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
- What are there, two different types of houses? That's some variety! In fact, I've seen a neighborhood in Coral Springs where every single damn house was literally the same with NO variety at all.

- Walking home from where? Your fitness center? Certainly your work place does not exist in your gated community.
I agree with you that if every house was literally the same like you said it would be boring a tad creepy. Luckilly the gated communties I've been in offer different models of houses that come in different colors and everything.

When I said I felt safe walking home at night I meant to the fitness center, sorry for the confusion I worded it poorly.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:49 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post

Some gated communities have great gyms better than many out there. MY community is not one of them.

Some have houses that look very different but again mine is not one of them. Different sizes but houses look same (front/rear yards look different) .

No one said that non gated places were falling apart or unsafe but you cant beat the security and the quietness in gated communities.

Exceptions to all but as a whole that's the general rule. The cars stolen-houses broken into, vandalism is usually ZERO.

Doral has a cars stolen outside the communities but NOT in them.
Some one now might say " My cousins best friends daughter had her car stolen from inside a gated community" and I don't doubt it but as a whole its rare.

There isn't a single rule here thats a problem or strange.

I would prefer gated in MY-ami over non gated and glad I went gated.

Now if you like throwing parties ,practicing in a band than gated community is single worse place for you but other than that they are great.
Teenagers long for the day they can leave this place lol. I dont blame them at all .

The bad side which is that per square foot your paying insane price and a much bigger house you can find for less.
Thus for family unless you buy the big model houses which cost a fortune it bites. Many new families are moving out .
Many are snotty but think that's Doral residents as a whole.

I wouldnt go gated in PA but in MY-AMI "patrolled" by keystone cops and run by useless politicians .I am glad I did.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:54 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLkid754 View Post
I agree with you that if every house was literally the same like you said it would be boring a tad creepy. Luckilly the gated communties I've been in offer different models of houses that come in different colors and everything.

When I said I felt safe walking home at night I meant to the fitness center, sorry for the confusion I worded it poorly.

In Broward some gated communities there have incredible lakes you can go fishing on.
They even stock the man made lakes with bass,etc.

I sadly do not .

I think in Broward you have greater diversity in gated community styles while in my area of Doral its one model for what I think is every gated community.
Difference is size and 1 floor or 2 but overall Doral is clone city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami