U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2008, 04:43 PM

17 posts, read 38,524 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend some out of the usual fun stuff one can do in miami this New Year's Holiday? I'll be there for a 3 day stay only and this will be my third time in the city. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 06:27 AM

35 posts, read 88,858 times
In what area are you staying? There are lots of events for New Years eve it all depends in the area where you want to be.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:32 PM

6,853 posts, read 20,688,937 times
Well it depends on what you have done or not done yet. Have you done these things.

1. Everglades National Park (Flamingo)
2. Everglades Alligator Farm
3. Shark Valley (rent a bike and ride the long trip around the everglades)
4. Coral Castle
5. Bill Baggs Capp State Park on Key Biscayne
6. Elliott Key Trip
7. John Pennekamp State Park in Key Largo
8. Knaus Berry Farm (Redlands)
9. The Fruit and Spice Park (unusual plants)
10. Fairchild Tropical Park
11. King Mango Strut Parade (Dec 28 in coconut Grove, Obama is this years theme should be fun)

Old 12-28-2008, 01:26 PM

17 posts, read 38,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Well it depends on what you have done or not done yet. Have you done these things.

1. Everglades National Park (Flamingo)
2. Everglades Alligator Farm
3. Shark Valley (rent a bike and ride the long trip around the everglades)
4. Coral Castle
5. Bill Baggs Capp State Park on Key Biscayne
6. Elliott Key Trip
7. John Pennekamp State Park in Key Largo
8. Knaus Berry Farm (Redlands)
9. The Fruit and Spice Park (unusual plants)
10. Fairchild Tropical Park
11. King Mango Strut Parade (Dec 28 in coconut Grove, Obama is this years theme should be fun)
Thanks. I've had a chance to do a little of that already. I knew nothing of the King Mango Strut parade, I'm really sad I won't be able to catch it as my flight lands tomorrow. Basically, my trips to miami have consumed of a few SoBe bars and a couple pro games. Water sports in general interest me, I've been itching to try parasailing for once. Anyone know of a good rental company for Jet ski's and such? My hotel will be in Coral Gables, and I don't have any particular area I won't venture to as long as it's safe.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:59 PM

6,853 posts, read 20,688,937 times
If you can find it, in Coral Gables there is a pretty cool public pool called Venitian Pool. Coral Gables Venetian Pool

The Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables is pretty famous you can go there and just walk around or have dinner or go on Sunday morning for their famous Sunday brunch.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:07 PM

224 posts, read 920,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
If you can find it, in Coral Gables there is a pretty cool public pool called Venitian Pool. Coral Gables Venetian Pool

The Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables is pretty famous you can go there and just walk around or have dinner or go on Sunday morning for their famous Sunday brunch.
Venetian Pool is closed for renovations until April 30, 2009 per the website Coral Gables Venetian Pool

There is a ton of stuff to do... I know they rent Jet Skis in Key Biscayne but I don't know the price... If I were you, I would rent a 20' foot for half a day (4 hours) in the Keys or even in Miami and explore... that is funner than 30 min on a JetSki (at least for me it is).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami