Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2009, 11:39 PM

10 posts, read 43,962 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Miami in a few months and I was told to look for a small house in South Coconut Grove or somewhere in the Upper East Side. Are these nice neighborhoods? Do they have what I'm looking for:

-Diversity
-Safety
-Cleanliness
-Young Couples/Families
-Middle Class

Also, is there a good website where I can read statistics on all the neighborhoods?

Please advise,

Slimmy Slim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 05:34 PM

710 posts, read 2,233,168 times
C Grove, yes. Basically.

Upper East Side? No. It's an upcoming neighborhood in the process of being gentrified, but it is far from done.

Think about parts of S Miami for slightly cheaper houses for rent too.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:19 PM

So in other words I should rule out Magnolia Park, Morningside, Bayside, Belle Meade, Shorecrest, and Palm Grove? None of those sections of UES meet the aforementioned standards?

Old 01-02-2009, 06:24 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times
Where are those sections located? What is your budget?

Old 01-02-2009, 08:41 PM

I was told they're located within the Upper East Side. I'm looking to rent a one story house with a two car garage. If I could find something being foreclosed, that would be great.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:13 AM

224 posts, read 1,001,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimmy Slim View Post
So in other words I should rule out Magnolia Park, Morningside, Bayside, Belle Meade, Shorecrest, and Palm Grove? None of those sections of UES meet the aforementioned standards?
I lived in Bayside for 2 years and then in Miami Shores for 2 years...

the areas are getting better but they are VERY far from being perfect... there are many houses that get broken into... I know of 3 houses that were broken into from past neighbors in the last year... Even if you have an alarm, that area belongs to City of Miami Police and they will literally take hours to respond unless you are being held hostage... If you want to move up that way, I would recommend Miami Shores or El Portal... They are their own cities so they have their own police and their response times are phenomenal in comparison....

The other issue with UES is the Biscayne area is a tad rough for walking around, jogging or whatever at night... The first week we moved in, my wife was at a light and a homeless guy came up to her car and banged on her hood... She freaked and ran the red... That happens a lot...

The other problem I had was getting gas... all the gas stations around the area seem to have people just hanging out and they approach you for money... It was a pain but I had to fill my wife's car up all the time because I didnt let her do it... Too dangerous... Plus they had robbed people at the gas stations multiple times...

As long as you know that the area is not Norman Rockwell America, then you should be OK...

Good luck...

Old 01-06-2009, 03:21 PM

35 posts, read 89,104 times
Try Miami Springs, nice and peaceful and friendsly people yes its middel class and sort of small-town but its right by the big city! And its close to the highways too! I'd say you give it a try!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami