Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2009, 12:08 AM

4 posts, read 8,658 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I landed in Miami three weeks ago, currently staying at relative's place.
I'm 24, and I'll stay here for some time (or for good, that depends)

I really like Miami, but, there's a big but, since i don't know anyone here except my family, i feel sort of lonely.

I tried Craiglist, but the annoying spammers got me.

I'm into knowing the locals here, having some good time, and see how the nightlife goes here.

I have my own vehicle, so I don't mind to drive anywhere.

Are there any good single clubs you can recommend me?
Are there any good pick up bars you may know about?

I'm a shy guy, and it doubles that when it comes to non native language when I don't have American accent, but I just realized the internet will not get me anywhere, and i really need to get some air out there..

I'll glad to hear some advices,
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by niceguy007; 01-02-2009 at 12:11 AM.. Reason: lack of title information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 12:54 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
No one in Miami has a perfect american accent hahah, head over to South Beach or Coconut Grove and you'll be sure to meet new people.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:27 AM

2 posts, read 15,401 times
There are so many clubs and places to go in Miami/South Beach so it all depends on the person. But, judging from your post, my first recomendation would be to learn social skills. "niceguy007" and the fact you said you are shy are not going to attract any girls! Private message me and I got some excellent advice for this. By the way, what ethnicity are you?

Old 01-04-2009, 08:40 AM

640 posts, read 1,822,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy007 View Post
Are there any good single clubs you can recommend me?
Are there any good pick up bars you may know about?
Unless you're mainly looking for casual sex, I'd recommend things other than singles bars, like finding activities to join in (clubs, social events, etc.). If you work in a big place, there might be prospects there. Taking classes can be good, whether in modern literature, wine tasting, or dancing. In fact, I highly recommend dance classes. Or Tai Chi or Yoga.

You might want to consult papers like the Miami New Times; there are also Web sites that list activities in Miami; also, be sure not to miss events like Art Basel, the Winter Music Festival, and whatever outdoor concerts show up Bicentennial Park downtown.

I think there are fewer social possibilities here than a place like Boston or New York, but things are out there. You have to get out of your house to find them.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:02 AM

763 posts, read 3,531,709 times
Also, check the Miami Today, they always have a section dedicated to events going on around the city. Lots and lots of things to do in Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami