Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2009, 08:55 PM

3 posts, read 9,679 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for advice -- I am currently renting on the beach in Sunny Isles, my lease is expiring and am thinking of buying a place in the coming months. For more money, I can buy a smaller place on the beach (about 1500 s.f.), or for less money a spacious condo in a new building in Aventura on the intracoastal (2500+ s.f. and still a beautiful view with boats, etc.) I'm a single girl and don't really need the space now, but know that over time things accumulate (especially my clothes!) and with the market in flux, I may be in this place for a while.

Though everything everywhere has gone down price-wise, right now the condos in Aventura seem to be even better buys than those in Sunny Isles, so my money will go farther. On the other hand, when things come back up, maybe Sunny Isles will pop faster. Any thoughts? Also, any observations on the difference between the lifestyle/people in Aventura vs. Sunny Isles?

Many thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 12:17 AM

3,368 posts, read 11,667,463 times
Sunny Isles seems to have a higher proportion of younger people whereas Aventura seems to be dominated by retirees and middle-aged couples. Though there are young professionals and families in Aventura as well, Sunny Isles would probably be a better place to meet people in your situation. Both cities are very nice and safe. Some things to consider:

1) Are you commuting on I-95 down to Miami or up to Fort Lauderdale? I ask because traffic in Aventura is pretty heavy and having to get from Sunny Isles, through Aventura, to I-95 can be a chore during rush hour. This consideration gives Aventura a slight edge.

2) As a single person, do you really need the extra space? 1500 square feet is a large space and I'm sure you will appreciate living on the beach more than having more space than you need. If you can get into a building right ON the beach, I would go with Sunny Isles.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:17 PM

546 posts, read 2,146,755 times
I really think the difference is neglible since the areas are so close in proximity. Having said that i prefer sunny isles but it's a matter of personal preference. The traffic is bad in both areas imho.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:37 PM

140 posts, read 508,234 times
Your choice depends entirely on your personal preference as to the things you value (like the space, views, access, amenities). And I think the consensus among real estate types is you should view your residence primarily as a place you live, not as an investment.

That said, beach front properties tend to hold their values far better than intracoastal views. Even within Sunny Isles Beach, comparable condos on the beach side have a much higher value psf than the intracoastal side. Personally, I would take a smaller beachfront condo versus a larger intracoastal condo.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:17 PM

69 posts, read 259,006 times
Sunny Isles Beach has a lot more 20-something trust fund junkies living on a 20k a month allowance... That's about it. Also, there are a ton of Russian mobsters out there from NY, NJ.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 4,743 times
Hello everybody. My name is Javier, i am from spain and I am living at sunny isles now. I don´t know people around here and I would like meet people to talk, go to the beach, etc.
If you are interesting in an appoinmet please write me to [email]javiersanfer@hotmail.com[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami