Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2009, 04:20 PM

392 posts, read 1,261,012 times

Advertisements

So very sad....... 11 year old girl get hit and killed while crossing a Kendall street

The sh...t head that hit and killed her didn't even bother to stop.
What the hell is up with people. Just leave this innocent girl on the side of the road like an animal.... Disgusting worthless scum bag ....

My prayers and thoughts are with the family at this sad time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 06:05 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,292,378 times
Sadly, hit and runs in South Florida happen on a weekly basis. Where I come from, hit and runs are rare and if they occur, they'd make national news.

Speeding fines have increased in Florida, but what we really need are tougher sentences. If you kill someone via hit and run, make it a life sentence in jail (or even the death penalty, in extreme cases, such as this one). The complete and utter SCUMBAG who murdered (and yes, I mean MURDERED) this little girl does not deserve to live and breathe anymore and personally, I'd like to see them fire up the electric chair for this nasty POS.

Politicians and law enforcement agencies need to crack down on reckless drivers. Treat them like the CRIMINALS that they are and throw them in jail. Get the scum off the road and behind bars, and throw away the damn key so that they can rot in jail....Miami is full of SCUMBAG drivers.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:31 AM

350 posts, read 1,521,817 times
Yes, this happens all the time in South Florida. I'm not even surprised anymore. Saddened, but not surprised. I call this the hit & run capital of the country. I don't know if SF officially holds that title, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did. I don't understand how people can hit someone and keep going. I avoid walking along busy streets because of this. My condolences to the girl's family.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:10 PM

The article on the Miami Herald has a bank account # to donate money for the relatives:

Mother pleads for help to find her daughter's killer - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miami-dade/story/846752.html - broken link)

Not sure how you can just transfer money to that account? Perhaps the Herald should set up some sort of fund to donate to the relatives.

Beautiful little girl too....really sad that her life had to be taken in this way, by what amounts to a cold blooded murderer with no conscience whatsoever.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsma2002 View Post
Yes, this happens all the time in South Florida. I'm not even surprised anymore. Saddened, but not surprised. I call this the hit & run capital of the country. I don't know if SF officially holds that title, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did. I don't understand how people can hit someone and keep going. I avoid walking along busy streets because of this. My condolences to the girl's family.
This crime is an outrage -- it's heinous, cold blooded and pure evil at its worst. It happens far too often in this part of the world and the solution is to start charging hit and run drivers who kill with first degree murder, hitting them with the maximum sentence.

As for the scum who murdered this little girl, I honestly feel that the death penalty is 100% warranted here and I would gladly be the one to flip the switch on the electric chair to end the existence of the pathetic "thing" that murdered this little girl in cold blood, then drove off in his pathetic pickup truck (pickup truck drivers down here are morons anyway) like a true coward.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:20 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,491,636 times
Yea, i heard about this today, RIP .

Old 01-11-2009, 06:28 PM

There was another of these MURDERS last night, in Pompano Beach:

BSO seeks driver in fatal hit and run - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking-news/story/847958.html - broken link)

Tougher sentencing is the only solution. These hit and run drivers are cold blooded murderers who deserve the maximum possible sentence.

As for the guy who murdered the little girl, he deserves the death penalty.

The police never seem to do s**t about this problem...and I dare someone to downplay it and tell me it's just as bad everywhere else (BS).

Old 01-11-2009, 07:20 PM

89 posts, read 1,048,303 times
My deepest sympathy for her family and friends.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:16 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,743,113 times
This is why I drive places that I could have walked or taken a bicycle too. If someone's going to hit me they will have to get through 4,000-8,000 pounds of steel first. On the other hand I have rountinely seen STUPID pedestrians walk out in traffic without looking, I am amazed how reckless not only drivers are but pedestrians. Asking for tougher laws is stupid, since when did more laws fix a problem? Better to crack down on the illegal immigrants who often hit and run,and make the roads safer for pedestrians by taking them into account. Assume that every car is a missle which can take you down before crossing a street. The amount of drugged and insane drivers is evident by the reckless habits of even law enforcement officers.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:49 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
My brother knows the mother through Paramedic school and says she really is a nice woman and he feels horrible for her.

I hope they find the person/s responsible ASAP!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: