Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 05:17 PM

640 posts, read 1,822,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
I see you live in South Beach ( MB ) I also find Miami Beach to be quite different from mainland Miami ... the people , the look , and the feel are quite different . If I was single and was making the money I make now , I would live in South Beach in a minute and probably never cross the causeway into mainland Miami ... LOL
I grew up in the southwest area (Bird & 103rd ave, Sunset and Galloway, Kendall and 97th). I have one big problem with those areas -- they're boring as hell. Oh yeah, and the traffic.

By the way, I cross the causeway a lot, although I don't spend much time in the Kendall area any more.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:18 PM

710 posts, read 2,232,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar Beach View Post
I grew up in Miami, was away for 25 years, if you include college, and am back here. It happens. I will probably stay, unless career issues dictate otherwise. I am well aware of the pluses and minuses of Miami. In the end, it's a matter of interests, tastes, etc.
It's funny actually -- since moving back last April I've met tons of people who moved away for various reasons and have since moved back or in the process of moving back. Getting away helps people realize that life IS fairly normal on a day to day basis here.

Part of the beauty of Miami is you can live in an area of ALL million dollar homes, middle class, high rises, the Beach, etc. There is actually a lot to offer to please MOST people even if nothing can please some.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I have known many wealthy people that sold their million dollar plus homes in South Florida because they hated Miami, and moved. So even having money in this city can't help everything.
"I have known many..." Are you in the Paris Hilton crowd? Do you just hang out with unhappy people? I know of a lot of well-paid doctors and lawyers who've spent their careers here.

The rich people I know are mobile, and move around a lot. Also, if you're an enterprising business type, and you're interests lie outside of the areas of international trade, law, and medicine, you can find better opportunities elsewhere. Likewise if you like to go to the ballet, symphony, opera, and museum every week.

Manhattan has more things for more kinds of people, but it's very expensive to live there. Every place has its pluses and minuses. Perhaps it would be a better choice for the average wealthy person who's not interested in boating and golfing all winter.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetsurf View Post
even if nothing can please some.
That is a good point. Some people just don't like living in Miami, and that's okay. There are a lot of places to live in the U.S. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that it's the worst thing in the world. I don't understand why some people have such an ax to grind, even long after they've left the area. For some reason, they just can't let it go.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:48 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,074,399 times
Quote:
That is a good point. Some people just don't like living in Miami, and that's okay. There are a lot of places to live in the U.S. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that it's the worst thing in the world. I don't understand why some people have such an ax to grind, even long after they've left the area. For some reason, they just can't let it go.
I agree , there used to be a guy on here who moved to Arkansas and two years later was still posting and bashing Miami .. I believe that he was eventually banned from this forum as he had a nasty streak . Yes I do find it quite bizarre to move way from a place that you hate and still take the time to post negatives about it . In reality many people are just plain miserable anywhere they go , not doubt . I love Southern California even with its many "Miami " type problems and I have friends who hate it and want out after a few years , their new Shangri-la seems to be Austin , Texas which I find to be highly overated .

Old 02-11-2009, 06:13 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times
Quote:
Miami sucks, Miami sucks, Miami sucks. You could be replaced with a spam bot. I would fall right over if you ever said anything constructive.
Shhh... don't mention bots or else they'll change the forum so we all have to type in those stupid letters and numbes each time we post. I hate that.

Last edited by sunrico90; 02-11-2009 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: Thread closed due to rude and inappropiate posts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami