Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2009, 06:38 AM

427 posts, read 1,093,133 times

Advertisements

I've been clicking around Miami on Google Maps lately, and I'm kind of liking the looks of it. Lots of concrete! Lots of that 1950s/1960s era stuff like old strip malls with signs that clash, I like that look. I saw many old flat-roof apartment buildings. My cousin from San Diego was in Miami recently, I asked him how he liked it, he said it reeked of seediness and drugs (which means I'll probably like it). Generally speaking, cities that are good for raising families are too boring for me. For the past year, I've been obsessed with moving to LA, California. I know their entirely two different cities, but maybe I could capture some of that flavor I want in Miami, and be a lot closer to the family here in St. Petersburg. I spent my teenage years in Boca Raton, but the only time I saw Miami was when my dad and I went fishing at Sunny Isles Pier. Maybe while the weather is still good, I can take a trip down there and explore the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 09:44 AM

763 posts, read 3,532,003 times
As always, before moving anywhere, always visit the city first.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:23 PM

292 posts, read 956,164 times
ake sure you look at the whole picture- not just the beach side- because you may not end up living anywhere near the beach- and the parts that arent so close are a little "third-world". Many safe places- many areas where trouble will find you.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:27 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,868,251 times
uh lol... are you refering to miami beach or concrete areas with flat top apartments like hialeah and liberty city lol.... I myself done mind living in those areas cause i live in little havanna but no offense an outsider might not like it.... its not your typical american suburb.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:45 PM

263 posts, read 574,532 times
LOL. Well then if you already established that you'll like a place that is non-stop concrete, seediness and drugs, you'll like Miami. Now, just say that you want to live in the road rage capitol of the US, you hate hearing the English language, and you'd rather be around rude people than nice people, you just found yourself heaven my friend.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:00 PM

99 posts, read 425,861 times
Worth replying? Maybe not but its incredible nonetheless.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:49 AM

427 posts, read 1,093,133 times
That could be a problem, I drive like an old person, heck I drive a buick century. I'll be in the right lane so they'll just have to go around me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooring Footers View Post
LOL. Well then if you already established that you'll like a place that is non-stop concrete, seediness and drugs, you'll like Miami. Now, just say that you want to live in the road rage capitol of the US, you hate hearing the English language, and you'd rather be around rude people than nice people, you just found yourself heaven my friend.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:40 PM

292 posts, read 956,164 times
If thats what youre into- concrete and drugs... I agree- this would be heaven. As long as you have lots of payoff money for crooked cops.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:16 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,868,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_sfl View Post
That could be a problem, I drive like an old person, heck I drive a buick century. I'll be in the right lane so they'll just have to go around me.

uhh lol That right lane slow person left lane fast person **** doesnt work here in miami.... I dont think you understand the rules of the road dont exist here people are outlaws when it comes to those rules

Old 02-16-2009, 06:55 PM

263 posts, read 574,532 times
^^^ Sadly, that's accurate. So many folks dont know English, how they hell can they understand traffic laws and common courtesy? Think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami