Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 08:03 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times

Advertisements

I don't know if any of you might be interested in seeing some of the more beautiful pics of Florida. Check out the thread "Preserving the Beauty - Florida pics" and the original thread Florida Pics. There are literally hundreds of great shots.

I'm sure the pic posted in this thread is supposed to represent all of Miami. Because there are no two sides to this coin here.

And, look Ma.. NO TRAFFIC. Wowwwwwwwww

Ta ta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 08:15 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,131,637 times
I think that the sky in Florida is so incredibly amazing. The clouds, the skyline, the sun, the rain...I tell people that on a summer afternoon, South Florida does have mountains-those thunderheads over the glades.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:17 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
I think that the sky in Florida is so incredibly amazing. The clouds, the skyline, the sun, the rain...I tell people that on a summer afternoon, South Florida does have mountains-those thunderheads over the glades.
Yep. Cool aren't they?

Old 03-20-2007, 06:52 AM

942 posts, read 2,583,058 times
Default Not all of iami looks like that

I think the picture posted depicts a lower economical class of Miami. I sure know that it does not look like that by my neighborhood. Not all of Miami looks like that.

Last edited by Pixie Dust; 03-20-2007 at 06:53 AM.. Reason: missed the M on Miami...could not fix.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:47 PM

170 posts, read 285,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confused and relocating View Post
I think the picture posted depicts a lower economical class of Miami. I sure know that it does not look like that by my neighborhood. Not all of Miami looks like that.
It looks like much of Miami...anywhere north of Tamiami Trail, east of the Dolphin, but further south than Miami Lakes. Other parts of Miami that don't look like that are either miles and miles of bland suburbs, or "rich" areas with huge houses. There really isn't much variation, apart from a few hidden gems in Coral Gables and Miami Springs.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:38 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,131,637 times
I have to agree with Nothingman, that pic does look like vast expanses of Miami Dade county....along SW 8 St, Bird Rd, Flagler St, most of Hialeah...and then the areas north of the 836 look even worse....SW of Bird Rd they look less impoverished and just blighted by commercialization with no planning. Actually, the area near LeJeune and NW 7 st. where the pic was taken isn't "blighted" or poor, it is MIDDLE CLASS Miami. Houses on the side streets off of those throughoufares, under the flight path of MIA, go for $400,000, sometimes less, usually more. Keep the pics coming Nothingman.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:22 PM

170 posts, read 285,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
I have to agree with Nothingman, that pic does look like vast expanses of Miami Dade county....along SW 8 St, Bird Rd, Flagler St, most of Hialeah...and then the areas north of the 836 look even worse....SW of Bird Rd they look less impoverished and just blighted by commercialization with no planning. Actually, the area near LeJeune and NW 7 st. where the pic was taken isn't "blighted" or poor, it is MIDDLE CLASS Miami. Houses on the side streets off of those throughoufares, under the flight path of MIA, go for $400,000, sometimes less, usually more. Keep the pics coming Nothingman.
I have a ton of pics saved on my PC – most of them are just random shots I’ve taken while driving. Most wouldn’t even be worth uploading – too boring, too bland. I would like to get a few shots of the Miami skyline at night though and those would be worth posting here.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:22 PM

98 posts, read 531,618 times
Quote:
I heard Ted Kaczynski spent his formative years in Miami.
According to Wikipedia, he spent his formative years in Chicago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unabomber

Old 03-21-2007, 07:12 AM

286 posts, read 1,081,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingman View Post
I have a ton of pics saved on my PC – most of them are just random shots I’ve taken while driving. Most wouldn’t even be worth uploading – too boring, too bland. I would like to get a few shots of the Miami skyline at night though and those would be worth posting here.
check out skyscrapercity dot com, also powered by v bulletin

Old 03-21-2007, 11:06 AM

15 posts, read 76,875 times
Question Re: Welcome to Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingman View Post
I took that shot on NW7th Avenue approaching LeJeune road....it's a cesspool around there. You say stay away from those areas, but much of Miami looks like that, especially anywhere "NW", anywhere in Hialeah or Little Havana...no escaping it really.

Moving to the Northeast myself, eventually....Boston is a nicer city, although I know it's also ugly in places. At least you have scenery and history there though. I would also live in California, even LA.
You would also live in LA huh? Nothing against you, but all that you mention is the crime and how you hate traffic, what do you think LA is all about? The rich, crime & traffic.

Boston..... come on do you know how hard it is to drive in that city?

I get that you hate Miami, but stop bashing it for places that are just as bad in many ways.

LA TRAFFIC:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i156/mjvbsf2005/LATraffic.jpg (broken link)

Boston Traffic:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i156/mjvbsf2005/BostonTraffic.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami