Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2009, 09:01 PM

4 posts, read 13,118 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone!
We are looking to buy an apartment in Miami, and I was wondering if you could tell me what you now about this address... The building is called Akoya Beach Properties, and it looks amazing, from the condos to the views everything is fabulous.

Now, I am just wondering, in terms of prestige, how does this area rate? I know that it's not as perfectly located as anything South Beach, but judging from the stunning apartment complex, it seems very close to the top neighborhoods in terms of prestige. What are your thoughts? Is this area considered one of the better or is it 'looked down' upon?

I appreciate any input!
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 09:39 PM

292 posts, read 956,318 times
Its above Millionaires Row- probably a great property- not familiar with it specifically- but its in a nice area.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:11 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,669,844 times
Beautiful area and a prime building.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:51 AM

809 posts, read 2,315,966 times
My cousin and I saw some condos in the Akoya. To describe the units as breathtaking is a pure understatement. i will tell you this; when you leave the doors of the building, you can tell the people around you DON'T live in Akoya. You have a Walgreen's across the street, and a handful of CHEAP buildings and motel-like establishments. It's a beautiful building with captivating views, but the area is not what you would expect to be surrounding this outstanding building.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:07 AM

763 posts, read 3,532,492 times
Beautiful area, extremely great area actually. You're right on the beach and on Collins Av. It's a great location, congrats!

Old 03-05-2009, 09:09 AM

294 posts, read 1,149,112 times
I live about 15 blocks north of there. Overall the area is good. It's close enough to restaurants, bars and Publix to make living in the area very convenient without South Beach prices. However, you do have to be careful, because there is some considerable impoverished areas west of Harding which invites some very 'iffy' types to the commercial areas between 69 and 75th, especially in the evening/night. Just watch yourself and you'll be fine. We really like living in this area. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:38 PM

4 posts, read 13,118 times
So overall the consensus seems to be breathtaking complex, good area but not as good as expected for this type of quality building..
Odd how the area doesn't match the building- If you ask me the 2BR Akoya unit we saw makes some of the overpriced equivalent in South Beach look like 2nd class.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me as though the area up there is experiencing some sort of (re?) vival. Am I getting the right impression that there has been a tremendous amount of development in that area in recent years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: