Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 06:41 AM

32 posts, read 132,608 times

Advertisements

Did you match at JMH? The reason I ask is that most of residents I know are living in South Beach.

The commute is not bad when compared to the Miami suburbs. $1200 should find you a decent one bedroom with parking on South Beach. I would check realtor.com and search zip code 33139.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 08:45 AM

763 posts, read 3,532,996 times
I think Brickell would be your best bet. There are always a lot of joggers around Brickell, especially after 5pm. The Metro is definitely safe late at night, and I believe the Brickell station is only about 3 or 4 stations away from JMH, so it's about a 5-10 minute Metro ride, it's very convenient. Brickell's also very safe, clean and with a lot of stores, and restaurants. There's always something new opening up, and it's definitely a growing Miami neighborhood.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:47 AM

294 posts, read 1,149,264 times
I second South Beach. It's a great place to live - I did it for a year. The drive will take you less than 15 minutes.

Understand, though, that street parking is the norm for many people who live in South Beach. It can be a hassle if you work odd hours and need to park after 6PM. Of course, there are apartments with assigned parking - but it will cost you and your choices will be more limited.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:56 PM

108 posts, read 415,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkagy View Post
I think Brickell would be your best bet. There are always a lot of joggers around Brickell, especially after 5pm. The Metro is definitely safe late at night, and I believe the Brickell station is only about 3 or 4 stations away from JMH, so it's about a 5-10 minute Metro ride, it's very convenient. Brickell's also very safe, clean and with a lot of stores, and restaurants. There's always something new opening up, and it's definitely a growing Miami neighborhood.
+1. Quick and safe metro ride, nice neighborhood, some cool hangs, great places to run (like over the causeway to Virginia Key and Key Biscayne).

Alas, no Mtn Biking (unless you do Mt Trashmore), but I bike around here every day. The ride out to Key Biscayne and back is a popular jaunt. No skiing, but sailboarding and parasailing are cool.

See you around the horse pistal (I work at da med school).

DR

Old 03-24-2009, 07:03 PM

15 posts, read 62,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Rico View Post
+1. Quick and safe metro ride, nice neighborhood, some cool hangs, great places to run (like over the causeway to Virginia Key and Key Biscayne).

Alas, no Mtn Biking (unless you do Mt Trashmore), but I bike around here every day. The ride out to Key Biscayne and back is a popular jaunt. No skiing, but sailboarding and parasailing are cool.

See you around the horse pistal (I work at da med school).

DR
I have to ask "Mt Trashmore?"

Old 03-24-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkagy View Post
Thanks, this sounds great, I am definitely going to look here.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearsky View Post
I have to ask "Mt Trashmore?"
We reside a few feet above sea level, so our dumps are built above ground into huge mounds...the highest objects in south Florida. Hence "Mt Trashmore".

DR

Old 03-24-2009, 09:32 PM

640 posts, read 1,823,289 times
Quote:
We reside a few feet above sea level, so our dumps are built above ground into huge mounds...the highest objects in south Florida. Hence "Mt Trashmore".

DR
... other than buildings and radio towers, right?

Old 03-25-2009, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar Beach View Post
... other than buildings and radio towers, right?
The highest objects made of earth-oid objects that can theoretically beclimbed by mountain bike (from the OP's first post).

DR

Old 03-25-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:

DR
Hahaha I should have guessed. Then again most mountain biking is actually hill biking, so perhaps that would suffice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami