Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 12:05 PM

16 posts, read 56,702 times

Advertisements

No,Im not,but I think a person gets used to it,Im originally from north Philadephia,but I'll admit it,I find it hard to adapt,I guess you just deal with it,only reason why i like miami is cuz theres tons of people,and yea i hear many complain about the over crowedness,but what do you exspect from a place that has tons of tourist coming and going,i dont want to be in a ghost town,until im dead,i think the many that complain about their areas just have personaly issues with themselves,and it dont matter where you are living,many just seem bitter and pissed off at life,one can make the best of anywhere,well almost anywhere,but you got to have a plan,and money of course,and if you dont like your area,its easy pack up and move out,i personally love change of weather,so i see myself evne moving one day from miami too,maybe to cali where the weather seems a little bet less stressful cuz its not as hot,and i dont mind the cold period,but snow can be a pain,but the cold does not bother me,just like the heat dont,i just deal with it,if your in yoru comfort zone in what every area you move to,you wont let anything get to you,as long as you bring all the tools and resources you need to make you feel like you never left your home town
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 03:08 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,544,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reincarnated swamp alien View Post
Just so this thread doesn't get too far off track, what I'm really interested in hearing are the posts from the people that enjoy the humidity and the South Florida Weather.
yeah, i enjoy ii quite well. i constantly throw a beach party for my lady friends. they all show up in string bikinis with pina coladas for me. we kick back, play volleyball, frolic, back rub each other...and think of all the poor souls up north under several layers of coats and woolen undies.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:20 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,390,257 times
How many of you are enjoying this weather right now, and how many of you have noticed or experienced some of the attendant phenomena mentioned in the original posting?

Old 03-30-2011, 08:18 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,035,393 times
I don't experience no phenomena but I do enjoy this kind of weather more than those below 70 days

I like daylight savings. You can still enjoy part of day if you avoid the hottest hours. I'm familiar with hot dry climates too and they are still uncomfortable during the early noon hours.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:01 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,152,526 times
I love the humidity and warmth, but not the sunrays. For the safety of my instruments I can only leave my windows open for so long.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:54 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,194,599 times
I like the humidity too! While I don't like the hot sun, the humidity feels real nice before a storm.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:16 AM

2,987 posts, read 10,097,760 times
I am one of the rare people who like it when the dewpoint gets above 70! If a hurricane is in the area and we are on the right side of it, they can even hit 80. It feels surreal when combined with the heat and I love it because I am a tropical plant lover, so it is like being in a superheated green house.

My house isn't air conditioned, I just have trees and plants to shade walls and windows, awnigns, fans, and yes, unfortunately, all too low ceilings. I love having the doors and windows open. You hear city noise mixed in with parrots. Lizards croaking, distant thunder. At least in the summer.

I enjoy being barefoot on tile floors that are slightly cool. I have had DOG BONES rot in the humidity on me before, even when sealed, so now I try to go through those faster than usual in the hottest and most humid time of year.

I also had a pair of dress shoes I rarely worse have mold spores on them as did a wallet I kept in a dresser that I didn't open very often.

The one thing I dislike about the humidty is how hard it is to get things to dry with it. Other than that, I have no complaints. Humidity is to South Florida as what Central Park is to New York City. They go hand in hand.

I also find that the humidity keeps the shade cool. When I have been in the deserts out west, 100 in the shade is blazing all the same, but a humid 90 with no sun is refreshing since you will be sweating and thus yor body will be naturally air conditioning itself.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:41 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,465,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
I don't like the humidity, but I LOVE the smell of the air that hits you as soon as you get off of the plane. It just smells wet, moist, and tropical.
I just love it .

Old 03-30-2011, 05:54 PM

769 posts, read 1,724,281 times
I can't say I LOVE the humidity, it does indeed get pretty annoying sometimes, but I can stand it. It's only uncomfortable if it's really sunny with no wind. Other than that it's fine. In fact, just earlier today at around 3 pm, I was outside jogging in the park. It was 86 degrees, sunny, and a dewpoint close to 80. It was pretty windy, with a nice moist sea breeze blowing in. For me, this has to be the best weather scenario possible. It was just perfect, I can't explain it. You could feel the sun shining on the top of your head, but at the same time, the breeze blew most of the moist air away, so even after jogging for over a mile straight, I was barely sweating (no trying to brag lol, just trying to show how nice the weather was). So, anyways, I guess I do enjoy the humidity, somewhat. I can imagine if that was "dry heat" with all the wind it would have probably been pretty chilly and uncomfortable. I hate it when it's that awkward temperature around 65-75 when it's too hot to wear a jacket and too cold to wear a T-shirt and shirts so you end up being uncomfortable either way. I also love the "steam effect" that happens sometimes in the summer. When it's really really humid, and cloudy (not raining), and you go from a freezing cold building thats like 60 degrees to outside, it feels like you just stepped into the shower and you can feel all the water condensing on your skin. So refreshing lol

Old 03-30-2011, 06:43 PM

30,138 posts, read 23,530,498 times
If I only had to deal with the humidity for short periods like a lot of people here in this city, I probably wouldn't mind it too much.

However, I work outside. Yes, even in the horrid, blazing hot summer. And frankly, I am still not used to it after 5 years here. I do not like it.

The ONLY thing I appreciate because of the intense humidity:

The thunderstorms.
The a/c that smacks me in the face when I walk in my door after another hot, long, sweaty day.

Other than that, you can have the humidity. I'm over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: