Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 12:26 AM

32 posts, read 119,515 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm from Australia and will be in Miami for my honeymoon late April 2008. I am trying to find good accommodation which is conveniently located around south beach etc. Do you have any suggestions on where to stay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 06:34 AM

224 posts, read 1,002,001 times
I think you answered your own question... If you want to be close to the Beach then stay on the Beach...

Locals don't know the hotels that well because we typically haven't stayed there... I use tripadvisor.com for reviews of hotels...

Good luck and congrats on your wedding.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:03 AM

551 posts, read 3,124,019 times
I live on South Beach and like spyderman33 said, I couldn't recommend a hotel since I've never stayed in one. However, I would recommend finding a hotel around Ocean Drive or Washington Avenue, somewhere between about 5th Street and 20th Street. Ocean Drive is [obviously] right on the ocean and would be a great place to honeymoon. Lots of fancy restaurants are found here and it has a nice, sophisticated, romantic feel to it at night. Washington Avenue is only a couple blocks over, but is very different. You can still easily walk to the ocean, but most of the clubs and non-chain shopping stores are on Washington. It's a much younger crowd than you typically find on Ocean Drive (probably because most young people can't afford to dine and drink on Ocean Drive!). I guess it depends on what you're looking for--you shouldn't have a problem finding something very nice. Congratulations and enjoy!

Old 01-04-2008, 07:21 AM

546 posts, read 2,148,450 times
I live here in Miami and have stayed at hotels on the beach. The Doubletree on Collins and 17th has a great pool and is centrally located to Lincoln Road and other shops/cafes. The rooms was clean and the lobby was very modern and spacious. The lobby also has a bar.

Congrats and I hope this info helped.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:59 AM

Typically, the more it costs, the better the location of the hotel... I know that there was a Marriott Courtyard on Ocean and like 3rd ST that looked nice (at least the lobby did) and it was close to the action but not in the way of all the commotion like Washington... It was also right on the Beach...

Good luck.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:02 PM

My mistake it's not a Courtyard, it's just a Marriott...
  • 161 Ocean Drive
  • Miami Beach, Florida 33139 USA
  • Phone: 1-305-536-7700
This is the info...

Kind of pricey, but hey you're in love right?

Old 01-07-2008, 01:41 AM

32 posts, read 119,515 times
Thanks for all your advice. I think we're going with Royal Palm hotel located
1545 Collins Avenue - good location?

Old 01-07-2008, 07:15 AM

551 posts, read 3,124,019 times
Prime--you'll be able to walk to Lincoln Road (tons of great shopping, restaurants...where you'll see all the celebrities...), Espanola Way (lots of great outdoor restaurants), all the "chain" shopping on Collins Ave. (Armani, Benetton, Diesel, Kenneth Cole, etc.), and of course, the beach! You'll have a great time and you won't even need a car!

Also, there is a South Beach Local route that you can ride for only a quarter. It goes all around the beach in case you don't want to walk or want to go to the other side of the island. You can check it out at South Beach Local (http://www.miamibeachfl.gov/newcity/sobe_local.asp - broken link)

Have a great time!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:26 AM

546 posts, read 2,148,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprild View Post

Yeah, that's a great location. Walking distance to everything - Licoln Road Mall is on 17th, lots of shopping, cafes, restaurants, bars, clubs. Hope you have fun!

Old 01-07-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprild View Post
Good spot... Collins is sometimes a little noisy but not as bad as Ocean or Washington (buy some ear plugs at the pharmacy)... You'll have a blast...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami