Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 01:28 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECG1951 View Post
..the roads are very nicely kept.
Are you kidding? I drive to Miami Beach every Sunday night to lick up my wife from work. I take her car because I don't want to drive my Corvette on those rodes. Granted they are not worse than roads in any northern city but they are much worse than roads in other parts of the county (which have pretty good roads for the most part).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 01:34 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,667,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
ThSoutherner, business owning, NASCAR crowd that I am associated with in the Keys (through my father) still can't figure out why I have anything to do with Miami. They have lived in South Florida for generations and have totally written off Miami from their register of places to have anything to do with. Maybe they have a point...
Where do you live? I know you used to live in Brickell, but where do you live now? Maybe you should move to Islamorada. It's out of the way, but you won't hear too much Spanish (reason you don't like Miami), there aren't too many gays (reason you don't like Key West), and it has great fishing/boating and good restaurants. If you hate Miami so much, I'm sure you could bear the 2 hours in traffic that it takes to get to downtown Miami for your morning and afternoon commutes just so you can live somewhere that's "normal" and "American" (well, kind of).

Old 04-06-2009, 02:07 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,608,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Where do you live? I know you used to live in Brickell, but where do you live now? Maybe you should move to Islamorada. It's out of the way, but you won't hear too much Spanish (reason you don't like Miami), there aren't too many gays (reason you don't like Key West), and it has great fishing/boating and good restaurants. If you hate Miami so much, I'm sure you could bear the 2 hours in traffic that it takes to get to downtown Miami for your morning and afternoon commutes just so you can live somewhere that's "normal" and "American" (well, kind of).
Most of the Miami grime is not filtered out by the time you get to Islamorada. You still see Miami "mucho machos" driving Hummers and like idiots in Islamorada. You also get the pesky Miami bridge fishermen who sleep in their cars and don't contribute to the tourist economy. I prefer islands further down the chain, they lack much of this third world nonsense.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:54 PM

32 posts, read 132,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
You see, South Beach, or as the trendy call it "SoBe", is only for drunakrds and druggies.
Quote:
Are you kidding? I drive to Miami Beach every Sunday night to lick up my wife from work.
So I should assume your wife is a drunk or druggie since she spends every Sunday night in SoBe, right?

Old 04-06-2009, 03:11 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,667,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Most of the Miami grime is not filtered out by the time you get to Islamorada. You still see Miami "mucho machos" driving Hummers and like idiots in Islamorada. You also get the pesky Miami bridge fishermen who sleep in their cars and don't contribute to the tourist economy. I prefer islands further down the chain, they lack much of this third world nonsense.
Where... Marathon? Big Pine? Ramrod? You have the bridge fisherman all the way down the chain, and plenty of Keys kids in Key West and Marathon drive like maniacs as well. Most of them are not "Hispanic," though...

Where do you live?

Old 04-06-2009, 03:22 PM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,745,253 times
Quote:
Are you kidding? I drive to Miami Beach every Sunday night to lick up my wife from work. I take her car because I don't want to drive my Corvette on those rodes. Granted they are not worse than roads in any northern city but they are much worse than roads in other parts of the county (which have pretty good roads for the most part).
Are you talking about North Beach or South Beach? Alton Road is very nicely paved, So is West Avenue, Pine tree Drive.. Ocean Drive..so which street do you drive thru? The only one that needs to be fixed is Washington Ave.

I have friends with Rolls Royces and they have no problem...

Last edited by ECG; 04-06-2009 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: added

Old 04-06-2009, 04:06 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,608,886 times
Quote:
Where... Marathon? Big Pine? Ramrod? You have the bridge fisherman all the way down the chain, and plenty of Keys kids in Key West and Marathon drive like maniacs as well. Most of them are not "Hispanic," though...
Yea, that means they don't drive (and behave, w/ all the cultural influences) like they're from Miami. That says a ton.

Quote:
Where do you live?
Under your bed.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:56 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Kim View Post
So I should assume your wife is a drunk or druggie since she spends every Sunday night in SoBe, right?
I guess I need to add one more category: dunkards, druggies, and the people who serve them. She works at a restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECG1951 View Post
Are you talking about North Beach or South Beach? Alton Road is very nicely paved, So is West Avenue, Pine tree Drive.. Ocean Drive..so which street do you drive thru? The only one that needs to be fixed is Washington Ave.

I have friends with Rolls Royces and they have no problem...
Thanks. I'll avoid Washington ave in the future. If I see the Rolls Royces I'll tell them you say hi.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:04 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,332,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I'm not originally from Miami, and yes I am very happy here. Is that how you disguise your jealousy? Instead of saying that you are jealous of people who look nice, or dress nice, you only say they are spending money in place of personality? Maybe you didn't enjoy South Beach because you were too busy judging people. The only waste of life I can see, is one person going to a place like South Beach and only having complaints.
But I don't think they look nice or think they dress nice just because they have expensive clothes. Big fake boobs, bad plastic surgery and Channel sunglasses don't necessarily = beauty.

You may think the above looks beautiful, but I see NOTHING to be jealous of. I think the above is five years and one bad operation away from looking like a monster, or a melting mannequin.

The weather was great, but other than that, sorry, not much to enjoy. Other than hit the very few museums and beachfront South Beach has to offer, the only thing else to do is to go to clubs and/or get so wasted that you throw up on yourself, and since I've grown out of that phase, I found SB pretty boring. Oh, there were some good restaurants. I enjoyed Aura so much that I went back there several times.

But imo, the bad in SB far outweighs the good. I totally don't mean this in a condescending way, but I can see how someone who thinks becoming a muscle man, getting laid by drunk slu*s, and partying are the best things one can do in life would love SB. I see that way of thinking as more of a phase some people go through and to see 30 and 40 year olds that haven't matured beyond that is sort of scary, a stunting in their emotional development, if you will. I find it emotionally unhealthy. Anyhow, just my .02.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:25 AM

177 posts, read 570,941 times
Quote:
Are you kidding? I drive to Miami Beach every Sunday night to lick up my wife from work. I take her car because I don't want to drive my Corvette on those rodes. ).
The condition of the roads are the least of my worries, I routinely get pulled over just for the sound of my exhaust (dodge charger hemi with longtube headers and catback) even though I never speed anywhere on the beach. I see the worlds most expensive supercars all over the beach, honestly the roads arent that bad, especially since most people just cruise and never go over 35mph.

Hey bud, what kind of corvette do u drive a z06? I'm heavily into musclecars, hence my name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami