Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 11:41 PM

177 posts, read 570,941 times

Advertisements

Me-ami because it seems like everyone here is only out for themselves. Oh God not another rant about how Miami is such a horrible place, anything but that. Well I can't help it, spent half the day yesterday in Palm Beach and Historic Delray Beach and didn't witness one act of selfishness or bad manners and believe me i was out and about all over the place. Soon as I cross into Dade county, I was cut off countless times, missed 3 lights because people were blocking the box, had a bum curse at me because i didnt have any loose change and had a door literally slammed in my face at the gas station and on top of that the clerk didn't know a word of english ( I speak spanish but refuse to speak it in a place of business on principle, thats our countries language at least have the decency to learn or attempt to speak it during a business transaction no matter how trivial it is like a gas station) and had the audacity to try to overcharge me for a sandwichby 1.50,when the price was clearly labeled on the packaging. No wonder everyone on another unamed forum who just visted Miami for ultrafest are talking about how the locals here have no shame about anything, how sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 06:27 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,490,456 times
Yes we get it, Miami is full with uneducated people with no respect at all.

But there is nothing we can do about it.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:50 AM

809 posts, read 2,315,463 times
If they were here for Ultrafest, I don't think they were looking for mild mannered, educated folks. And I highly doubt thst they went out to local eateries to soak in the atmosphere. They were out partying until 5 in the afternoon for the past 2 days and were high as kites. Yes, Miami is full of rude people, but I wouldn't take the word of some late night revelers as gospel.
As far as the no English in a place of business, why give them your business? Find a gas station where the attendant speaks English and quit whining.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:01 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleman305 View Post
I speak spanish but refuse to speak it in a place of business on principle, thats our countries language at least have the decency to learn or attempt to speak it during a business transaction no matter how trivial it is like a gas station
I am VERY impressed. I wish more people would do the same. Sorry to here about your day. We have joked for a few years when we leave Miami-Dade and go to visit friends in Broward (but I hear this is slowly becoming like Miami-Dade) or Palm Beach County that we are going to U.S. of America.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:12 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
and had a door literally slammed in my face at the gas station and on top of that the clerk didn't know a word of english ( I speak spanish but refuse to speak it in a place of business on principle, thats our countries language at least have the decency to learn or attempt to speak it during a business transaction no matter how trivial it is like a gas station)
you do a great job of keeping it me-ami

somebody cut you off driving Oh yes, and complaining about a bum.. hey you are really making Miami seem like not the every day big city!! Where else will you see THIS in the USA!!!! boohooo

Funny how I can go out every day and meet some of the nicest people on a regular basis... I swear to god these threads just get worse and worse lol. If you want to avoid these **CATASTROPHIES** I suggest maybe a move to somewhere in North Dakota.. maybe there won't be any rude people to cut you off

Old 04-03-2009, 07:18 AM

80 posts, read 177,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
you do a great job of keeping it me-ami

somebody cut you off driving Oh yes, and complaining about a bum.. hey you are really making Miami seem like not the every day big city!! Where else will you see THIS in the USA!!!! boohooo

Funny how I can go out every day and meet some of the nicest people on a regular basis... I swear to god these threads just get worse and worse lol. If you want to avoid these **CATASTROPHIES** I suggest maybe a move to somewhere in North Dakota.. maybe there won't be any rude people to cut you off
Where is it worse than in Miami? Sure it happens (Miami isnt really that big) in major cities, but where does it happen more than in Miami?

You dont have to move to North Dakota to find really nice people, just the panhandle, places like that... Georgia, SC, NC...

Old 04-03-2009, 07:20 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae the Chef View Post
Where is it worse than in Miami? Sure it happens (Miami isnt really that big) in major cities, but where does it happen more than in Miami?
Lafayette, LA is worse.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:14 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
The problem is that Miami is way too expensive for what you get. Jobs pay too little. Therefore most people are in a sour mood. Add in horrible weather for 7 months out of the year, and the leftover rejects from other cities and nations, and you have one of the worst combinations in the US.

The corrupt and evil local government only reinforces the bad points about the area. Businesses are still lining up for the exits.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:34 AM

433 posts, read 952,902 times
Quote:
Me-ami because it seems like everyone here is only out for themselves. Oh God not another rant about how Miami is such a horrible place, anything but that. Well I can't help it, spent half the day yesterday in Palm Beach and Historic Delray Beach and didn't witness one act of selfishness or bad manners and believe me i was out and about all over the place. Soon as I cross into Dade county, I was cut off countless times, missed 3 lights because people were blocking the box, had a bum curse at me because i didnt have any loose change and had a door literally slammed in my face at the gas station and on top of that the clerk didn't know a word of english ( I speak spanish but refuse to speak it in a place of business on principle, thats our countries language at least have the decency to learn or attempt to speak it during a business transaction no matter how trivial it is like a gas station) and had the audacity to try to overcharge me for a sandwichby 1.50,when the price was clearly labeled on the packaging. No wonder everyone on another unamed forum who just visted Miami for ultrafest are talking about how the locals here have no shame about anything, how sad.
Oh Yeah! Because NY, and LA are different. Bad traffic, Speke Espanol, but with the difference of accent, you know the boricuas and dominicans up there, and the little browns in the west(and the lousy cubans in the south). Come on man, every BIG city that I know has A LOT of issues, Miami is not in the top, but neither in the bottom. Do you want to see a scary city?
Go to Detroit.
Do you want to change Miami? Be the change yourself.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:54 AM

80 posts, read 177,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Lafayette, LA is worse.
I've never been. So you are saying that the people there are worse drivers, and more rude and crude than those in Miami?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami