Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 08:31 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,741,743 times

Advertisements

Just look at Port-Au-Prince. That's what most of Miami will be like. The coming hurricane will be cleaning it out as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 04:32 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,432,694 times
Cuba now is in shambles, but if the country ever gets rid of all Castros in 10 or 15 years, no tourist will ever go to South Florida or the Bahamas.

The country is marvelous, a very old country, hills and mountains, incredible keys and beaches, not a swamp covered by tarmac.

But of course, they will have to remove all the Nomenklatura, solve property claims and tackle the racial problem.

Floridians, including Cubans there, should pray for Castro's health.

Cubans might speak only Spanish in Miami, but in Cuba they talk good English, German, Russian, you name it.

Last edited by Leovigildo; 04-24-2009 at 04:51 AM..

Old 04-24-2009, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Probably pretty amazing...I think it will continue to have money pumped into from around the Americas...will probably become more and more of a better city as well.

I'd see all positive.
-------------

Yes.
You are right.
All the money from that continent will end up in Miami.
Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, all those countries are doomed and all their money will end up in Miami banks.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:46 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,741,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
Cuba now is in shambles, but if the country ever gets rid of all Castros in 10 or 15 years, no tourist will ever go to South Florida or the Bahamas.

The country is marvelous, a very old country, hills and mountains, incredible keys and beaches, not a swamp covered by tarmac.

But of course, they will have to remove all the Nomenklatura, solve property claims and tackle the racial problem.

Floridians, including Cubans there, should pray for Castro's health.

Cubans might speak only Spanish in Miami, but in Cuba they talk good English, German, Russian, you name it.
Seems like a free Cuba would be a blessing for Miami if it diverts tourists and their money to there. Would be wonderful to see Latin Americans deciding to stay home instead of blowing their money in a dump like Miami.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:29 AM

Whose talking about Latin Americans?
I'm talking about tourism.
Well, if the American tourist diverts to Cuba, Miami will be a dump.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:06 PM

45 posts, read 171,502 times
Ehh I think the county will diversify a little more. Miami is a much larger city than it was in 1980's. Back then , we didnt attract to many white collar jobs. Rather we attracted low income families seeking unskilled labor or criminal activity.
Today, Miami is among the larger cities in America and has a very large medical and financial industry present in the county. Such precense attracts people from all over Florida and the US thus leading to a bit more diversity in this city. Nevertheless, the large hispanic culture and precense that everyone complains about here (Though I personally love it because of the food) will still be here. The difference though will be that 15 years from now (with immigration finally slowing down and current illegal immigrants fleeing the US due to hard times in the US) the current hispanic population will be much more well adjusted to the American culture. This is just common sense when one studies history. If you look at other minority groups from the past, it takes time for ethic groups to adjust to the "American Way" and english. Italians and other European groups to decades to do so in New York and Chicago. Hispanics have only been in America for about 50 or 60 years now which isnt enough time to fully adjust. Europeans have been coming to this country way before hispanics (I would say since the 1870's) and it was not until the 1930's that they had fully adjusted.

Economically: Things should be much better. I feel that the county is currently taking very big steps in improving the infrastructure of this city. This is seen through the construction of the Marlins Stadium (finally some value being added to that depressing neighborhood), the creation of the Downtown Development Authority (which is finally starting to clean up DOwntown), Port of Miami Tunnel, Metrorail Expansion etc.... While many people ***** about these construction projects, I feel they are the key to our success. they will put us on the map. these projects are going to bring BILLIONS of DOllars into this city and you will definately see it 20 years from now. TRUST ME, the future of this city looks very good.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:00 AM

433 posts, read 953,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac11 View Post
Ehh I think the county will diversify a little more. Miami is a much larger city than it was in 1980's. Back then , we didnt attract to many white collar jobs. Rather we attracted low income families seeking unskilled labor or criminal activity.
Today, Miami is among the larger cities in America and has a very large medical and financial industry present in the county. Such precense attracts people from all over Florida and the US thus leading to a bit more diversity in this city. Nevertheless, the large hispanic culture and precense that everyone complains about here (Though I personally love it because of the food) will still be here. The difference though will be that 15 years from now (with immigration finally slowing down and current illegal immigrants fleeing the US due to hard times in the US) the current hispanic population will be much more well adjusted to the American culture. This is just common sense when one studies history. If you look at other minority groups from the past, it takes time for ethic groups to adjust to the "American Way" and english. Italians and other European groups to decades to do so in New York and Chicago. Hispanics have only been in America for about 50 or 60 years now which isnt enough time to fully adjust. Europeans have been coming to this country way before hispanics (I would say since the 1870's) and it was not until the 1930's that they had fully adjusted.

Economically: Things should be much better. I feel that the county is currently taking very big steps in improving the infrastructure of this city. This is seen through the construction of the Marlins Stadium (finally some value being added to that depressing neighborhood), the creation of the Downtown Development Authority (which is finally starting to clean up DOwntown), Port of Miami Tunnel, Metrorail Expansion etc.... While many people ***** about these construction projects, I feel they are the key to our success. they will put us on the map. these projects are going to bring BILLIONS of DOllars into this city and you will definately see it 20 years from now. TRUST ME, the future of this city looks very good.

WOAO, I like your OPTIMISM. Good Post

Old 04-28-2009, 04:57 AM

Hispanics have only been in America for about 50 or 60 years now which isnt enough time to fully adjust. Europeans have been coming to this country way before hispanics (I would say since the 1870's) and it was not until the 1930's that they had fully adjusted.

Have you ever been to School?

Old 04-28-2009, 07:14 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,698,850 times
In 20 years all of South Florida will be under way. Raising ocean levels will take Miami back to nature.

Rising Sea-Levels Could Put Southern Florida under Water | CleanBeta

Old 04-28-2009, 08:02 AM

478 posts, read 1,325,049 times
^^^ They've been saying that for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami