Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 05:11 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,075,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLover View Post
Dade county has good areas despite all of the negativity on this board and I think they deserve recognition because many people overlook them and focus on Liberty City or Overtown where the vast majority of people on this forum aren't going to move to.

Aventura
Golden Beach
Sunny Isles Beach
Bal Harbour
Bal Harbor Islands
Indian Creek
Surfside
Miami Shores
North Bay Village
Miami Lakes
Miami Springs
Doral
Miami Beach
Coral Gables
South Miami
Key Biscayne
Pinecrest
Palmetto Bay
I am not so high on Doral or Miami Lakes anymore , but the rest of your list is excellent and yes they are all very nice places to live and visit in Dade County ... I would add the Brickell area which I really like to your list .. and yes many naysayers on here tend to focus and post on areas like Overtown , Carol City , Little Havana , Hialeah .... not sure why ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 01:04 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
I am not so high on Doral or Miami Lakes anymore , but the rest of your list is excellent and yes they are all very nice places to live and visit in Dade County ... I would add the Brickell area which I really like to your list .. and yes many naysayers on here tend to focus and post on areas like Overtown , Carol City , Little Havana , Hialeah .... not sure why ?
What is wrong with Doral and Miami Lakes? Just wondering why that suburban section of Dade gets so much hate while people on here seem alright with areas like Kendall West which I don't see as significantly better. Southwest Broward also seems to get a pass from posters here but the only reason I can think of them being better is in the case of Weston where it's planned pretty well in regards to traffic, shops, accessibility without a vehicle, etc.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:56 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
I think west Kendall is a step down from Doral and definitely from Miami Lakes.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:02 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,075,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post

I agree ... although East Kendall is pretty nice .

I have found the people in Doral to be pushy and rude and I just do not like any area so close to Miami International Airport ... Miami Lakes is pretty and very green but to close to Carol City and Hialeah in my book .

Old 04-16-2009, 06:24 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,966 times
I'm just wondering why Doral gets such a bad rap compared to other suburbs. In fact I've found the people in Doral to be nicer than in other similar areas. Miami Lakes and the section of Hialeah that is close to it are pretty nice as well. Areas of the downtown section near Miami Lakes use Hialeah addresses and they're perfectly fine, quiet areas. People seem to be much more fond of Kendall West on this forum for some reason, even though I can't imagine why.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:50 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,293,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Agreed...West Kendall is pretty much ghetto.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:52 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,293,087 times
Quote:

I have found the people in Doral to be pushy and rude and I just do not like any area so close to Miami International Airport ... Miami Lakes is pretty and very green but to close to Carol City and Hialeah in my book .
East Kendall and West Kendall are 2 very different beasts. East Kendall is nicer, more suburban and rolls into Pinecrest. Traffic is nowhere near as bad in East Kendall. West Kendall is generally full of obnoxious people....thugs, reckless drivers, *******s, people who don't speak English. West Kendall is basically Hialeah-Lite, IMO.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:20 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Quote:

I haven't had any bad personal experiences with the people in Doral, but I also haven't spent much time there. I'm not a huge fan of the area because of the traffic and the layout as well as how expensive it is, but it's at least well maintained and fairly safe. I also don't like it's proximity to the landfills and aforementioned airport. Again, it's not my favorite but it's still a clean, solid area and should be given credit for that. Miami Lakes is very nice, with a very good layout, and I don't think it's proximity to Carol City affects it any more than some SW Broward areas like Miramar that I actually like less. The main issue I see with Miami Lakes is the schools

Old 04-16-2009, 11:55 PM

763 posts, read 3,532,492 times
Where is the border between West Kendall and East Kendall?

Old 04-17-2009, 01:20 AM

3,368 posts, read 11,669,844 times
Kevin, I really struggle to know what people are talking about when they are saying rundown, ghetto, thugs, no one that speaks English... MOST (yes, MOST!) of West Kendall is nice. The only dumpy apartments/townhomes are in far north West Kendall (north of SW 56 St.) between 137 and 147 Avenues. EVERYTHING else is well-kept and fine.

Traditionally, the boundary between East and West Kendall has been the Turnpike. Nowadays, I have heard the areas directly west of the Turnpike (ie: The Crossings/Calusa Country Club area) referred to as "Central Kendall." So.... I guess "West Kendall" would be +/- 137 Ave. out to where the development ends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami