U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 11:03 AM

12 posts, read 97,129 times

Advertisements

Is July a bad month for visiting Miami? We are considering relocating to Florida, but have never been there before. We are now planning a first visit. I have read that July is hot and rainy. But is it raining all the time? And is the heat unbearable? We want a beach vacation, and we are bringing our four year old child. Is this not a good idea in July?
What do you think?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 11:23 AM

6,853 posts, read 21,426,270 times
If you are considering moving to Florida I would suggest a visit during the summer. July is the third rainest month, its HOT yes and HUMID. June is the rainest month and August is the second rainest month. We do have some days that it can rain all day, but not many. What we usually have is rain in the afternoon, off and on basically. If you want to go to the beach, just go before noon to make sure you avoid any chance of rain. Is the heat unbearable well that is a hard one to answer as some people love the heat and some people hate it, it all depends on the individual.

Would I visit Florida in July for a vacation, no, but many people do. But if you are thinking about moving to Florida you should come in the summer. July is also part of our Hurricane Season, its not the busiest month though.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:54 PM

478 posts, read 1,267,151 times
Yes, you should visit in the summer so you could feel what the summers are like, and see if you could handle it from May until late Oct. July, Aug, and Sept are the hottest months.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:27 AM

16,409 posts, read 29,297,927 times
Definitely visit here in summer, it is what made me absolutely love it and what makes others absolutely hate it. I feel that the summers of Miami could definitely be a dealbreaker. Remember: rainy in Miami summers is different from other places. It is guaranteed to thunderstorm close to every day.. but it is not an all day thing. It is the weirdest weather you'll see, 30 minutes you have a complete downpour and 20 minutes later it will be completely sunny. Miami is the first place I have ever been in a downpour walking out of class and no rain at all after making it to my car. The lighting is really cool to watch also!

Old 04-23-2009, 02:33 PM

196 posts, read 777,319 times
go for it, it is hot, humid, and you do get the afternoon showers but it still is a great place! Spend the mornings on the beach and afternoons in malls or maybe even house hunting. If you like it in July...you'll like it all year round

Old 04-24-2009, 08:36 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,334,650 times
I agree with what others have said. It will be good to get a feel for what the weather will be like for a most of the year. Not to mention, you'll probably get better rates on hotels, etc. because it is off-season.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:46 AM

16,258 posts, read 40,419,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Definitely visit here in summer, it is what made me absolutely love it and what makes others absolutely hate it. I feel that the summers of Miami could definitely be a dealbreaker. Remember: rainy in Miami summers is different from other places. It is guaranteed to thunderstorm close to every day.. but it is not an all day thing. It is the weirdest weather you'll see, 30 minutes you have a complete downpour and 20 minutes later it will be completely sunny. Miami is the first place I have ever been in a downpour walking out of class and no rain at all after making it to my car. The lighting is really cool to watch also!
That sounds cool...I've always loved a good thunderstorm.

Actually that style sounds a lot like Southeast Asia. Not the thunder part, but this heavy downpour of rain...then when it stops, it feels almost as if it never even happened.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:46 AM

2,930 posts, read 6,722,575 times
It's ok to come in July but I cannot guarantee the weather. We have friends who came here during the summer and it rained every single day. One of them was a child and she was really excited about the beach, poor thing, she didn't get chance to enjoy it.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:33 PM

763 posts, read 3,390,778 times
I think it's a great idea. Coming in July can show you what Summers in Miami are like, so you're not tricked into thinking Miami is always cool, breeezy September-April weather.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:25 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,391,920 times
I think the hottest period is between mid august and mid september to early october.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: