Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 11:57 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,651,377 times

Advertisements

I feel that this country is de-industrializing and heading toward third world status. The national debt already exceeds GDP. Just wait till unemployment runs out and you have millions with no income and empty stomachs. The rich and conspicuous will be targets. As for laws, they are selectively enforced. In my opinon foreign money comes with strings attached and is very bad for the locals. I for one would not be happy being the servant of foreign capital. The dollar is heading for disaster and many nations will lose their investments in Treasuries. Does anyone think that foreign nations will want to invest in a country that inflates away their investments? How will they deal with American citizens looting their properties to feed themselves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 12:12 PM

549 posts, read 1,660,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
Please let's not involve stereotypes or call anyone names in my thread .

Thank you.
I am sorry man... I agree.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:18 PM

549 posts, read 1,660,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I feel that this country is de-industrializing and heading toward third world status. The national debt already exceeds GDP. Just wait till unemployment runs out and you have millions with no income and empty stomachs. The rich and conspicuous will be targets. As for laws, they are selectively enforced. In my opinon foreign money comes with strings attached and is very bad for the locals. I for one would not be happy being the servant of foreign capital. The dollar is heading for disaster and many nations will lose their investments in Treasuries. Does anyone think that foreign nations will want to invest in a country that inflates away their investments? How will they deal with American citizens looting their properties to feed themselves?
Don`t panic...my friend. U.S. Americans just have to stop borrowing money and save more... If America doesn`t change we are gonna keep borrowing and borrowing..... and that will be the end.

SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Nation -- Americans' addiction to borrowing root of crisis (read this)

Why Do We Borrow So Much? : NPR

Last edited by Eduardo983; 04-24-2009 at 12:28 PM..

Old 05-02-2009, 07:47 PM

983 posts, read 3,587,691 times
Default Ningún Asian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
Persons of Hispanic or Latino origin, (62.0%)
Black persons,not Hispanic (19.8%)
White persons not Hispanic, (17.9%)
American Indian/Alaska Native persons, (0.4%)
Persons reporting two or more races, (1.0%)
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander, (0.1%)

is it just me or has the Black population increased? .
No Asians in Miami? No puede ser.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:49 PM

983 posts, read 3,587,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
Quite curious.

The U.S Census Bureau employs a classification that resembles the one used by the Roman Empire.

You've got all types of races bundled up as "Latinized" (Civilized or living in Cities), and then you have "Not latinized" barbarians divided by race.
I didn't know that.

Interesting.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:38 PM

7 posts, read 29,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
That figure is bogus considering that most Jamaicans are offended by being categorized as 'black' or 'African American'. I can't blame them, but it is stupid that they insist on being separate from American blacks or that they need their own category when they are 99% African and 1% 'something else'.

Maybe, but not in most parts of the county.
I can't believe, in this day and age, that you said "I can't blame them" referring to people not wanting to be called black. Seriously, I am African-American, educated and so is my husband. Don't you know that not everyone fits your stereotype? Don't you know that I have tons of friends and family (my cousin is a surgeon) who don't fit your stereotype? Why don't you realize that there are negatives and positives to every race and just get over it? Seriously, and I really don't mean to offend you, but, wow!

Old 05-02-2009, 08:55 PM

14 posts, read 37,740 times
I'd like for the census to add a category entitled GERMAN! I don't want to be associated with the other caucasion races of England, Swiss, Polish, Irish, Dutch, French .....etc ........... lol just joking!!!!!!!! Seriously, Jamaicans want to in their own category??? R they joking???? Seriously, u are either White, Black, Hispanic, or Asian!!!! That's your choices ........ if u dont like it, then leave this county (our population is too high anyway)!!!! Time for America to get tough!

Old 05-02-2009, 08:57 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,303,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
I am aware of all of that. I am originally from Miami, grew up there, and still visit a few times a year. I am also very familiar with Spain because I studied at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid and have family and friends living in and around the capital. You are correct that property in South Florida is extremely inexpensive compared with similar property in large cities in Spain.
Isn't Spain seeing one of Europe's biggest Real Estate busts?

As to racial make up of Miami. Coming to this forum you get the impression that no one in Miami speaks English, they all ride donkeys and rock sombreros. Thing is, every weekend I am in Miami and I have never found a shortage of non Latinos. I have also never had the problem of finding people who speak English either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannarenee1 View Post
I can't believe, in this day and age, that you said "I can't blame them" referring to people not wanting to be called black. Seriously, I am African-American, educated and so is my husband. Don't you know that not everyone fits your stereotype? Don't you know that I have tons of friends and family (my cousin is a surgeon) who don't fit your stereotype? Why don't you realize that there are negatives and positives to every race and just get over it? Seriously, and I really don't mean to offend you, but, wow!
Once you except the fact that there are ignorant people on this planet and they will be so until the day they die, you will stop being offended and start enjoying life

Old 05-02-2009, 08:58 PM

14 posts, read 37,740 times
My fault, I'll add the Native American as a category as well. As for Hawaii individuals ....... they can label themselves Asian or White. None of this Islander stuff!!!!!!

Old 05-02-2009, 10:39 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,856,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawZaw View Post
I'd like for the census to add a category entitled GERMAN! I don't want to be associated with the other caucasion races of England, Swiss, Polish, Irish, Dutch, French .....etc ........... lol just joking!!!!!!!! Seriously, Jamaicans want to in their own category??? R they joking???? Seriously, u are either White, Black, Hispanic, or Asian!!!! That's your choices ........ if u dont like it, then leave this county (our population is too high anyway)!!!! Time for America to get tough!

lol another fellow german in miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami