Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 06:58 PM

26 posts, read 78,354 times

Advertisements

I've been told that country walk has a lot of flooding, is this true??? How bad is the flooding?? I've heard that south of 104ST and 137 AVE is the road of death for many cars whenever it rains heavily. Please let me know, thanks.
-ed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 10:53 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,898,981 times
I used to live in Country Walk and currently live just south of it.Pretty much this entire area whenever there was a good sized storm would flood big time.Didn't have to be a hurricane or tropical storm,just a good amount of rain for some streets to become canals.About 4-5 years ago they started fixing the problem as they went street by street putting sewers everywhere.Since that time I don't recall any major flooding problems.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:09 AM

534 posts, read 2,409,090 times
Yes i too live just south of it, and they have pretty much fixed it. From what I heard it used to be bad and now isnt a problem at all. They fixed my area too, and it dint even flood but once every 2 years, or hurricane related. It still did flood after ther hurricane scares tho.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:11 AM

26 posts, read 78,354 times
thank you for the replies, this helps me to relax a bit. I was worried that the country walk area was a lake after a storm. I'll keep country walk on my list for house shopping.
thanks again.
-ed

Old 01-22-2008, 11:29 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,761,637 times
Honestly flooding is the least of your problems. Country Walk is one of the worst built communities, along with Lakes of the Meadow, Hampshire Homes and Saga Bay. The homes are also surprisingly ugly, and the neighborhood is fussy, but not too nice. The small lots and fake horse fences are just too tacky for my taste. Needlessly winding roads only add to the unpleasantness of the place. For a better experience try East Cutler Ridge (cutler "bay") or King's Bay. Much nicer homes at a similar price and never any flooding! (except storm surge areas)

Old 01-22-2008, 11:34 AM

546 posts, read 2,148,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Honestly flooding is the least of your problems. Country Walk is one of the worst built communities, along with Lakes of the Meadow, Hampshire Homes and Saga Bay. The homes are also surprisingly ugly, and the neighborhood is fussy, but not too nice. The small lots and fake horse fences are just too tacky for my taste. Needlessly winding roads only add to the unpleasantness of the place. For a better experience try East Cutler Ridge (cutler "bay") or King's Bay. Much nicer homes at a similar price and never any flooding! (except storm surge areas)

Yeah but Cutler Bay has the landfill and on a hot, humid day and if the wind is just right you'll be made aware real quick there is a landfill down there.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:37 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,898,981 times
I'll take Country Walk over Cutler Bay any day!!!

Old 01-23-2008, 05:22 AM

534 posts, read 2,409,090 times
The country walk houses took a beating durin the hurricane. I dont think they were built well. Most if not alll were 're'built, who knows how well. My house was built just after that so the new laws applied, which is good, and part of the reason I bought my house. The traffic out here is rough.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:37 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,469,309 times
God I wouldn't live in either, a friend of mine bought in Country Walk 3 years ago. Her house is built out of wood totally. I told her if a storm comes that she should never stay in it, for her families sake. I believe Lennar built them originally, that tells us a lot right there.

As for the flooding issues, yes they had major issues up to a few years ago with flooding, but she said they fixed it.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:23 PM
YUG

2 posts, read 5,033 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: