Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 02:27 PM

108 posts, read 415,908 times

Advertisements

I get down to Key Largo every 2 months for a long weekend. I go kayaking, watch bands, eat, chill out, meet new folks, go snorkling, read. I like it.

DR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 04:56 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,609,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura88 View Post
Home values are decreasing by 1 1/2% per month. Investors would be wise to consider that.
That is too slow of a drop. In 2008, the average asking price for a single family home in the keys dropped 25% from the year before. The average sale price was even less. Most really nice ocean front or canal front communities saw a much smaller drop in value, as these communities are truly "one of a kind". Examples of this anomoly would be Port Largo in Key Largo, Venetian Estates in Islamorada, and Key Colony Beach and the Sombrero area in Marathon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura88 View Post
The Keys for a single guy, (unless he's a fishing/drinking bum,) wouldn't be a good fit. The Keys are very redneck, but if you like that, have at it!
After 5 years in Miami, I'll take "redneck" over an ignorant, defiant, no-speakie English, immigrant sub-culture any time! How "redneck could thet keys really be? I mean, the median home value there is still in the upper $400's last time I checked. Most "dream properties" anywhere in the keys are $800k-$5 mil. C'mon!

Old 05-11-2009, 10:44 PM

268 posts, read 899,999 times
Why spend $800k in the Keys for a decent home when $200K buys you a new 3/3 15th floor condo on the Beach in Brazil......?

And for single guys the ratio of men per women is 7/1. 7 women for every 1 man, and did I mention they ( women ) hit the Gym every day and stay in top shape? I wish I could say that about my American sisters.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:38 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,432,957 times
Floridian

You're entirely right.
Who would want to live in the "First World" unless you work there?

Old 05-13-2009, 12:40 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,609,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Floridian View Post
Why spend $800k in the Keys for a decent home when $200K buys you a new 3/3 15th floor condo on the Beach in Brazil......?

And for single guys the ratio of men per women is 7/1. 7 women for every 1 man, and did I mention they ( women ) hit the Gym every day and stay in top shape? I wish I could say that about my American sisters.
I wouldn't want my investment to be at the whims of a racist-leftist Chavez praiser with the first name like Lula, Chapa, Lata, Loto, Tolo, Bolo, etc.

Lula da Silva said the reason there are hungry people in the world today is because of "blond haired, blue eyed people". That means my girlfriend is responsible for 3rd world dysfunction.

I would rather spend the extra $600k for a home in Key Largo and not have the first name of my President read Lula aka Loca.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:02 PM

549 posts, read 1,665,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
I wouldn't want my investment to be at the whims of a racist-leftist Chavez praiser with the first name like Lula, Chapa, Lata, Loto, Tolo, Bolo, etc.

I would rather spend the extra $600k for a home in Key Largo and not have the first name of my President read Lula aka Loca.

It is funny how you make fun of the portuguese/Brazilian names with your Miami Cubano Herald attitude. The worst names in the world are the Cuban ones. Most of them are invented...and are not even related to Spaniard names or any european name...

Marielys
Yonaidys
Dayami
Magalys
Chamayra
Vionaika
Yaineris
Belgis
Fidel
Osjami
Damason
Anier
Reydel
Osneidy

I had this cuban classmate in MDC (kendall) and her named was "onedollar"... she was named after the $ bill....

ohh lord... that`s what communism isolation made to a country. Even the names started to evolve..haha

Not just your names... The Cuban Spanish is one of the worst Spanish in the world...

Que Bola Asere`
Mikimbin

Asere..que bola..que ola...``

Viralo... vira pa lla``

El puelco (El Puerco)

La puelta (La puerta)

Cubans do not use the R sound....

Do yourself a favor and stop reading that Miami Cubano Herald.

In my opinion the name Lula da Silva is a lot better than Obama.

Last edited by Eduardo983; 05-13-2009 at 03:13 PM..

Old 05-13-2009, 06:44 PM

348 posts, read 638,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post

Lula da Silva said the reason there are hungry people in the world today is because of "blond haired, blue eyed people". That means my girlfriend is responsible for 3rd world dysfunction.

He must have been talking about his wife.....
Boy oh boy....I'm sure he knows who the boss is....at home!
In a best-case-scenario...Marisa had him eating nothing but polenta for a week. (The wife's blonde-blue-eyed...northern Italian...by origin)

Btw...regardless of his dubious alliegances and "friendships"....and inspite of his lousy Portuguese grammar, hillbilly roots....and inadequate education (eg Harvard-Yale )...Lula is 100 times a better president than any "Bushman" will ever be!
You're just too biased....'cause of Lula's "lefty" buddies.....
You know...we have an expression in my language: "It's not the hay on his farm that defines a hick....it's when the man has hay in his head".
Lula....definitely doesn't have hay in his head.... and Brazil is doing...just fine....

Last edited by SadieMirsade; 05-13-2009 at 07:13 PM..

Old 06-03-2010, 02:21 PM

11 posts, read 46,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spealex View Post
Living in Miami and working in the Keys, I can tell you that in an hour and a half, you are in the middle of it all. Of course, there is the stretch which can have an accident but emergency responders are well prepared and accidents, unless totally catastrophic, are somewhat quickly cleared and people are on there way. Nobody said the beaches are good, the Keys are the fishing capital of the US. You can swim off your boat. Thats about it. It takes a specific type of person to live there. Its not for everyone, but I will say again its great for those than can afford the second home, looking for a quick get a way from it all. Those looking for a bustling nightlife may disregard. By the way, coudlnt agree with you more about being single in the keys. Its not exactly the type of bumping with potential place. Everyone there seems pretty set.
Wow live in Miami and work in the Key's. Ive been trying to do it the other way around. Hopefully the Job market improves in the entire area. (Currently very far north of Miami)

From what I get from your post it sounds like it may be difficult to live in Key Largo and work in Miami, is that a fair statement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami