Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 10:43 AM

21 posts, read 95,886 times

Advertisements

It's hard to beat 99% passing rate on the FCAT but GW Carver did it. They had a 100% passing rate on the MATH FCAT.
CONGRATULATION!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 11:29 AM

809 posts, read 2,308,217 times
WHoa! Congrats to all the students, teachers, parents, everyone involved! Double congratulations to the students who had to endure all the FCAT drama.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:48 PM

71 posts, read 296,357 times
That's wonderful! Go GW Carver!

Old 06-10-2009, 08:22 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,313,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori2mom View Post
It's hard to beat 99% passing rate on the FCAT but GW Carver did it. They had a 100% passing rate on the MATH FCAT.
CONGRATULATION!!!!!!!!!!
You need to go back and take a second look.

GW Carver had a 60% passing rate. They actually dropped a point from last year.

FCAT

Old 06-10-2009, 09:45 PM

71 posts, read 296,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
You need to go back and take a second look.

GW Carver had a 60% passing rate. They actually dropped a point from last year.

FCAT
She's right. Each grade level, namely, 6, 7 and 8 -- FOR MATH -- had 93, 93, and 100 respectively for the percentage of test takers who passed. Your data is referring to the elementary School, not the middle school. Perhaps you need to check the original post.

I got my information here: Florida's Comprehensive Assessment Test (FCAT)...

Old 06-10-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen477 View Post
She's right. Each grade level, namely, 6, 7 and 8 -- FOR MATH -- had 93, 93, and 100 respectively for the percentage of test takers who passed. Your data is referring to the elementary School, not the middle school. Perhaps you need to check the original post.

I got my information here: Florida's Comprehensive Assessment Test (FCAT)...
I stand corrected.

Congrats to GW Carver Middle!!

Old 06-11-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
CONGRATULATION!!!!!!!!!!
Entrance requirements for Carver Middle's magnet programs:

Quote:
REVISED DUE TO CHANGES IN SCHOOL BOARD RULE 6Gx13-6A-1.461 on 9/10/08
Admission Criteria for G. W. Carver Middle School’s IE and IS Programs
Effective with applications for 2009/2010 School Year
_____________________________ _______________ ________________________
Student’s Name Date I.D. Number
NOTE: In all instances where grades are considered for admission, the
grades considered include all of last school year’s grades and the first nine
weeks of the current school year.
International Education Program (IE)
Academics
􀂙 Current School Year (First nine weeks)
All A’s and B’s in the academic subjects of Reading, Language Arts/ESOL, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Foreign Language.
􀂙 Last School Year (All four nine weeks and final grades)
A’s and B’s and no more then three C’s in the academic subjects of Reading, Language Arts/ESOL, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Foreign Languages.
The three C’s cannot be in the same academic subject or consecutive.
Standardized Test Scores
􀂙 Last year’s test
o FCAT – Level 3, 4, or 5 (Reading)
o FCAT – Level 3, 4, or 5 (Math)
o Other Standardized Test – average to above average in Reading and Math
Effort

All 1’s or 2’s – no 3’s.
􀂙 Last School Year (All four nine weeks)
No more than three 2’s in the academic subjects of Reading, Language Arts/ESOL, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Foreign Languages.
No 3’s in any area
Conduct
All A’s and B’s – all courses
􀂙 Last School Year (All four nine weeks)
No more than two C’s in all courses.
Attendance
􀂙 Last School Year
No more than 15 absences
No more than 15 tardies
International Studies Program (IS)
Criteria same as for International Education (IE) Program. In addition, must pass language proficiency exam for program applied for (French, German, or Spanish)
September 29, 2008
According to the above, students must score a 3, 4, or 5 on the FCAT prior to being admitted to the Carver programs. With that kind of 'stacked deck', it is no surprise that they had a 100% FCAT passing rate....

Old 06-13-2009, 08:09 AM

21 posts, read 95,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Entrance requirements for Carver Middle's magnet programs:

According to the above, students must score a 3, 4, or 5 on the FCAT prior to being admitted to the Carver programs. With that kind of 'stacked deck', it is no surprise that they had a 100% FCAT passing rate....

Only want the best for my kids. Isn't that what all parents want. The best public schools with the best behaved students. Academics and safety is very important. As a parent, I work very hard to get my kids into the best public schools and they do their part by studying hard and achieving to do their best. In am raising children that will be responsible and not a burden to society. This is what all parents should acheive as a goal.
Cori2Mom

Old 06-16-2009, 11:32 AM

1,770 posts, read 8,225,727 times
Quote:
Only want the best for my kids. Isn't that what all parents want. The best public schools with the best behaved students. Academics and safety is very important. As a parent, I work very hard to get my kids into the best public schools and they do their part by studying hard and achieving to do their best. In am raising children that will be responsible and not a burden to society. This is what all parents should acheive as a goal.
Cori2Mom
Oh please, I didn't go to any "blue-ribbon" schools or whatever (in fact, the ones I went to were rated very low) and I wouldn't consider myself a "burden to society"... You may even get a better education in a worse rated school, it's all up to the individual and their situation and having a better rated school won't make them a better (or more intelligent) person.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,706 times
well im at carver and i think that the person that wrote under corimom is correct because i went to a low rated elemtary school that if you try to get into carver most people would think you cant because they just focuse on that the school is poor or whetever and i got into carver and i am very proud of where i came from and so are my parents sure parents want the best for their kids but it doesnt matter what school you go to or how low rated your school is and it is not a burden to society i have even gotten a $10000 scholorship because i have worked hard and i am glad because i actually worked for it not my money or my school
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami