Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 04:06 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,055,650 times

Advertisements

Hey Folks, I have been following the real estate market VERY VERY carefully. I see a lot of posts here about people wanting to buy now since prices are low. Please take my advice and DON'T BUY NOW. Prices will continue to drop every single month until we hit late 2009/ early 2010. Every single reliable source I have been in contact with concurs with this information. Do not make a mistake and buy now. Rent for a year and then look around. This article was posted on CNBC today : Home Prices Keep Falling, Prolonging Financial Crisis - Real Estate * US * News * Story - MSNBC.com (broken link)

Good luck and be patient ! Good things come to those who wait !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 10:15 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,761,637 times
I have always said that south Florida home prices rose to double what they are really worth. Unless they fall to those values, prepare for total economic meltdown. A drastic drop in home values will give the economy the kick in the rear it needs to jump start it.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:45 PM

314 posts, read 1,037,393 times
The best time to buy is always when the general public thinks its the worst time to buy. The market reacts late and by the time people realize it is time to buy, valuable time has been lost.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:48 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,469,309 times
The best time to buy, is when you find a home that you like, that is the worth the price you are willing to pay. So if you think that home is worth the 1 million dollar price tag, buy it. If you think that home is actually worth only 500k then it isn't time for you to buy.

No one can tell you when the bottom is here until after the fact. I have herd that March/April 2009 is when they expect the bottom will be. So no one can tell us for sure.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:04 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,307,757 times
Prices will never fall to pre-boom levels. If you are waiting for that, forget it. It won't happen. Maybe CONDOs will keep falling because they overbuilt those but actual HOUSES are going to pull out of the slump much sooner. For the same reason that salaries are lower here than other parts of the country house prices will recover faster: people want to live in 'paradise' (LOL). A 400k house a year and a half ago is worth maybe 300k today. It will probably drop to 280k but then it will start going back up as the next load of buyers enters the market.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:08 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,373,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Prices will never fall to pre-boom levels. If you are waiting for that, forget it. It won't happen. Maybe CONDOs will keep falling because they overbuilt those but actual HOUSES are going to pull out of the slump much sooner. For the same reason that salaries are lower here than other parts of the country house prices will recover faster: people want to live in 'paradise' (LOL). A 400k house a year and a half ago is worth maybe 300k today. It will probably drop to 280k but then it will start going back up as the next load of buyers enters the market.
^^

untrue to say the least. There is a area I know of in plantation that is 10,000 dollars away from its pre boom mark. I won't name the area though, but prices are falling with no end in sight. But I guess I can see how people think some of the stuff.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:24 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,342,700 times
The House next door to me has been for sale and empty (the owners moved back to CA after trying it for a yr ) for 8 months and price has dropped 50 grand.

Plus the real estate co planted the backyard real nice new fence roof, painted interior ,etc very nice .

There are about 2 houses for sale, rent every block in this community I must say not having neighbors is nice but my dream of selling and moving to diff area is shot for now ESP since the houses here are clones of each other .

Old 07-23-2008, 06:31 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,342,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
^^

untrue to say the least. There is a area I know of in plantation that is 10,000 dollars away from its pre boom mark. I won't name the area though, but prices are falling with no end in sight. But I guess I can see how people think some of the stuff.

Miami is Miami and PA is PA ofcourse so not comparing them but I must say for what a smallish house goes for here you can get a HUGE ranch house lots land in PA.

I was just looking at a ranch in PA in a mag complete with 6 Bison and barn house for them.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:05 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,373,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Miami is Miami and PA is PA ofcourse so not comparing them but I must say for what a smallish house goes for here you can get a HUGE ranch house lots land in PA.

I was just looking at a ranch in PA in a mag complete with 6 Bison and barn house for them.
you made that last part up right? LOL *he said Bison*

As for prices, this thing has a LONG way to go. You want to see how all this is going to play out? Lets look at how it all played out last time this stupidity happened link

Be sure to read through each of the NY times posts. You can then see how far prices dropped. It will be worse this time because this is the biggest run up in home prices in U.S. history. This economic downturn is unprecedented. I think many people get that.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:00 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,898,981 times
I live next door to a house that went on the market at almost $600,000 and now is being offered for just over $300,000 and it still won't sell.There's been one serious person interested in it who couldn't get financing.I used to tell myself when the prices kept going up,where are they going to find the people to buy these houses for these prices who can really afford them.prices are going to have to drop a lot more in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami