Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 05:41 PM

929 posts, read 1,156,120 times

Advertisements

JDMR09, while south florida is NEVER boring it isnt always not boring in a good way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2007, 05:51 PM

672 posts, read 904,941 times
Cultural wise, if you are coming from Ma. you will have far more in common with California than Florida.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:57 PM

929 posts, read 1,156,120 times
hockeymom, how similiar are MA and oregon or seattle? they sound very similar. lots of hippie or bohemian types.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:46 PM

7 posts, read 25,604 times
We dont have hippie or bohemain. We are similiAR to NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
hockeymom, how similiar are MA and oregon or seattle? they sound very similar. lots of hippie or bohemian types.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:17 AM

355 posts, read 1,583,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam2007 View Post
I wanted to live near area with a good party scence if my friends decide to come visit me. I am from Massachusetts we have party town that have a good school systems and are well safe. When I am talking about school district I meant a great university. I plan to attend law school. Thanks for your advice

Sam

I WANT TO THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FOR your advice. I have a very difficult decision head of me. I am torn between moving to NO. California and Florida.

Thanks

Sam
You will proabably be going to the University of Miami, so I would say Coral Gables, South Miami or Coconut Grove would be the best bets. Not too far from nightlife, even though you would have to drive to South Beach.

Old 11-25-2011, 02:18 AM

1 posts, read 668 times
I am going through a dilemma. At 46 years old, still as young as one ca be, and wanting to NOT make a mistake, as I can be good at that, I try to avoid them now.
Cali or Miami, I am looking at Malibu and Ojai, and Miami.
Very tough choices.
Cali greyer, colder, more desert like
Miami- tropical green
Cali coller no sweat
Miami hot and seaty, blinding sun and lots of monster bugs
Cali -harder to meet people than Miami?
Miami I feel good when I am there
Cali I feela sense of rejection or closeness around, is it just me?
Cali more culture but at what price, smug and traffic
Miami more foregners and so more fun?
All these posts have helped a lot, but make me more psychzo, one minute LA wins, the next Miami, I am so confused and so much want to make the right choice...
A huge part of me calls for LA, a seduction of sorts, but I don't know LA, and the other side is all for Miami cause I know it and I like tropics but not the bugs
I fly helis and feel very free in Miami, wonder if Cali si as free or more stuck up and scarry with legalities
Is there a voice that can give reason?
Thanks guys and gals

Old 11-25-2011, 07:17 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
It really depends on who you ask. Each one of us is very different and so each one of will not have the same answer. No one can give you the correct answer for you, you can only decide what is the best choice for you. I think Malibu has better year round weather than Miami. The water, mountains and overlooks are prettier in Malibu. Miami is lush and green where Southern california isn't lush and green.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:06 PM

371 posts, read 815,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsonthemove View Post
I'm getting ready to move to Broward Co. Fl instead of Cally (which is where my heart is!) becuz my daughter and I are too concerned about the earthquakes. I think it's a good second choice after much research even with the hurricanes becuz we'll have some warning if one is coming which you don't have with earthquakes.
IMO, making a decision on where to move based on natural disasters is silly. There should be 100 factors that are more important in making that decision -- especially when it comes to earthquakes.

Southern California has only had two earthquakes in the last 40 years that have caused any significant loss of life (Northridge in 1991 that killed 65 and the Sylmar earthquake in 1971 that killed 60), and none in the last 20 years. This, in a metropolitan region with of over 20 million people.

In other words, the chances of being harmed by an earthquake are so tiny, that it would be nuts to base such a major life decision as moving to a new city on that factor alone.

Just my two cents....

Old 12-03-2011, 04:00 PM

306 posts, read 218,636 times
To CA lovers...

Have u checked net income after all taxes & rent/mortgage

& its buying power ..?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami