Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 04:15 AM

90 posts, read 352,968 times

Advertisements

I find it funny that these people come here too defend Miami. "If you dont like it, leave it!" Duh! What do you think I did one year ago this month and many people are doing right now? I still have many friends and family living there and some want to leave and cant. Some will once they get the chance. But most come to the same conclusion. Its time to leave. Moderator cut: blanket insult Miami is far from perfect and yes there are worse places. But those places are all in South America or Central America. And the bigger cities mentioned here like Chicago also have alot more to offer than Miami does. Even with the winters.
Miami had the perfect situation to become a world class city. Tourism due to weather, gateway to the americas, port, and money flowing in. But what happened? Greed, crooked politicians, bad city planning, government waste, etc, etc.

If your looking to move somewhere and are thinking about Miami look elsewhere. It is not the paradise television makes it out to be. Moderator cut: insult the weather is opressive, the traffic is a nightmare and once your there for a little while you will see that everything we have mentioned here is not the rambling of some bitter and disgruntled people. Its the honest truth according to regular, 9 to 5 people who refuse to hide our heads and say its all great. Stop the denial!!

I have been to other parts of this country and the world. And Miami is like nowhere else. You dont believe it? Visit, but not for 4 days. Go for a week or more and talk to everyday people. Not the people that work at the hotel your staying at or the waiter at your restaurant. Talk to the guy standing in line with you at walgreens. Thats if he doesnt tell you to go to hell. Then ask him about living there and the traffic, high cost of living, nasty people and unbearable heat.

Ask him if he thinks Miami is "the promised land".

Old 04-14-2007, 07:49 AM

98 posts, read 531,739 times
Instead of running over the same old tired laundry list of whining complaints about Miami, why don't you tell us what's so great about Rogers, AR?

Old 04-14-2007, 08:42 AM

113 posts, read 469,037 times
Ahmen to that post sergio!

Im leaving Miami too! I can pretty much afford to live anywhere I like, and it STILL sucks.

The cities image is tarnished, and word of mouth is hurting Miami, there is no denying that fact, but these diehard defenders just don't get it. The genie is out of the bottle.

Outside of this small forum, I have at least 30 friends and relatives who actually live in Miami Dade, and my views here are an echo of everyone of those people. Miami sucks

These are all hard working upper-middle class Americans.

But if you have traveled, and have lived in other major cities you're smokin some serious crack if you still think Miami is the "Promised Land".

Good luck this Hurricane Season Miami!

Old 04-14-2007, 11:01 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,683,240 times
Sergio and others.........I hope you find your promised land, and lose the bitterness. It really will cause you to live less than a full life.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:05 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
I hope that the Miami lovers realize that the city is on the express lane to the septic tank. It's swirling around the toilet bowl just about to go under. Stop the denial and snatch it out from the grip of corrupt government!

Old 04-14-2007, 11:12 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,683,240 times
Am I a miami lover or hater? Probably neither along with others here. The place has good and bad. Those who really can't stand it and have the means to move elsewhere are fortunate. Those who can't figure out how to leave or feel there is no way out for them probably feel helpless and thus come here to vent.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:20 PM

158 posts, read 647,207 times
The same can be said about the miami haters, theres lots of people that like it here, No its not for everyone and thats why if you hate it so much go ahead and leave, whats wrong with that statement, yea some are leaving but these persistent bashers dont.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MananaLand View Post
Instead of running over the same old tired laundry list of whining complaints about Miami, why don't you tell us what's so great about Rogers, AR?
Why dont I tell you this way. Everything that is wrong with Miami I dont find here. The people here are nice. They still believe in customer service. I can still buy a house for less than 150k and there are no ghettos.
There is virtually no crime. Only 4 Murders between 1999 and 2003. //www.city-data.com/city/Rogers-Arkansas.html
Plenty of jobs since Walmart is based out of nearby Bentonville and every dealer that does business with them has an office in this area. My pay rate is basically the same it was in Miami and I dont pay half the bills I paid in down there. $200 a month to FPL? Try 50.00 a month for electricity here!! My heating is $80 in winter, $20 the rest of the year. I actually see the seasons change unlike the two seasons in Miami which are Summer and Hurricane season. The winter are mild here so I see snow 3 or four times a year but its never more than a few inches.
No, I dont have the beaches and the nightlife but nearby Fayetteville has the University and plenty to do and I can be in any of 4 states surrounding me in 30 minutes to an hour. How long does it take to get our of Florida from Miami? But its even better to know I can park my car in the driveway and it will be there when I come back. Or I can drive the store at 8pm and not get cut off by some manic or get stuck in traffic.

So to finally answer your question, what is so great about Rogers?

Its not Miami.

Last edited by sergio; 04-14-2007 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: mistake

Old 04-14-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Bitterness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
Sergio and others.........I hope you find your promised land, and lose the bitterness. It really will cause you to live less than a full life.
Its not bitterness buddy. Its called opening your eyes and stop denying what it is your face! Everytime we come here and explain the facts people like yourself reply that we are bitter, frustrated or just arent happy anywhere we go. But those are all ways of ignorning the facts and glossing over the truth. We are just the ones who will stand up and face it. We will let anyone here know that Miami is not the great place television makes it to be.

Old 04-14-2007, 07:27 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
My point exactly. If we don't find a way to give good people a break, we'll just have to leave south Florida to the third world immigrants and the northeasterners (and californicators). If you think we're bitter, you'll be surprised if we are happy if things turn around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami