Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 07:48 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times

Advertisements

[quote=lolitazz;9929979]This won't stop until the police enforces those rules. I personally think people texting and using their cell phone should be out of the roadways. In Colombia, South America as soon as you pick up your phone, a policeman stops you and gives you a ticket. (I have seen it myself, no one told me) We are more advanced in America and can do better than that.

[quote]

awww you are really pushing it there, every cab i was in would use their cell phone :P not to mention run every red light hahah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 08:17 PM

976 posts, read 1,111,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
I was driving on 95 today and some lady was doing 55 in the left lane. I got stuck behind her for 5 minutes because she was oblivious and refused to get over and a semi-truck was to my right so I couldn't pass. All of the sudden, she hit the brakes and dropped down to about 35 MPH, then decided to suddenly switch lanes without looking. She switched lanes right into another car which had to swerve to its right into another lane to avoid being hit. Then the lady caught herself and swerved back to her left in front of me. I had to use all of my might to slam on my brakes and avoid rear-ending this woman. Then she switched right again across 5 lanes of traffic cutting off several other cars and barely was able to get off at an exit before missing it.

Then there was some other idiot weaving in and out of traffic across all 5 lanes. He constantly switched lanes cutting off every single car her passed within inches of the bumper and swerveing around. He never even got very far ahead because everyone else had to hit the brakes to avoid being cut off by this guy.

I'm in Orlando, and it's awful. Today I was coming home, and I was cut off and I had to hit my brakes, then the moron makes an immediate left turn right in front of me, and didnt even use his turn signal. I had to slam on my brakes twice - once when he cut in front of me, and then again 5 seconds later when the guy made a left turn and didnt use his signal. He MAYBE saved himslef 5 seconds by cutting in front of me like that. To tick me off twice and doing something so stupid is worth 5 seconds to some of these idiots! It is absurd!

People that have (especially recently) moved to FL have no respect for anyone but themselves. I cant blame anyone that is fleeing places like Orlando, South FL and Tampa for GA and the Carolina's. I mean, why put up with the headaches and idiots that have become such a problem, especially the last 5-10 yrs, it seems to be a lot worse.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:09 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,469,718 times
Trusses>

Its funny that you mentioned the guy didn't use a turn signal. It must still be the norm to use turn signals in Orlando. In South FL, nobody uses turn signals anymore. If you use your turn signal, the person next to you will speed up instead of letting you in. You're better off just switching lanes. I laugh when I'm driving on 95 and some tourist in a rental car puts his turn signal on expecting that someone will let him in. He ends up waiting as a school of cars pass him on the right. I die every time I see that.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Trusses>

Its funny that you mentioned the guy didn't use a turn signal. It must still be the norm to use turn signals in Orlando. In South FL, nobody uses turn signals anymore. If you use your turn signal, the person next to you will speed up instead of letting you in. You're better off just switching lanes. I laugh when I'm driving on 95 and some tourist in a rental car puts his turn signal on expecting that someone will let him in. He ends up waiting as a school of cars pass him on the right. I die every time I see that.
Oh no, make no mistake about it, people in Orlando (in general) do not use their turn signals. The thing that ticked me off is that he made me hit my brakes twice - once when he blatantly cut in front of me and then, literally 5 seconds later as he turned left. He cut me off and then turned left real fast barely giving me time to react. This is actually quite normal here in Orlando. It's pretty bad.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:27 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,158,308 times
Three days ago I was on a corner waiting for the light to turn green to make a right turn onto 8th St. Traffic doesn't let up on 8th street so I had to wait for the light. Just as I'm ready to go and start to turn this absolute imbecile came out of nowhere (must have come from behind) and didn't feel like waiting so he swerved around me. I just caught a glimpse out of the corner of my eye. His tail end missed the left lane and I felt a little bump. He went on about his merry business and I got right behind him. Got his plate, then pulled up next to him, looked at him good, etc. I think he was totally oblivious that he hit me.

I had not stopped to see if he actually hit me because I wanted to make sure I got his license plate.

My left front bumper has four nice white lines across the corner now. I don't even know if I should report this and time is going by. He will never admit he did it. I think it will come off with some compound but hell, what is wrong with people!

Old 07-25-2009, 08:50 AM

809 posts, read 2,315,966 times
When I have been in the situation of blinking lights, I treat the blinking yellow light as a yield, so "proceed with caution." When drivers treat the blinking yellow as a full stop,I think it is because they are conditioned to believe the driver who has the blinking red will NOT treat it like a stop, not so much that they are not familiar with the rules. It's almost like when you are at a light that turns green, you don't just take off. You wait for about a split second to make sure some idiot does not run the red.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:27 AM

3,910 posts, read 9,469,718 times
VPcats>

I would report it right away. The police will investigate it, and the fact that you have his license plate is a slam dunk unless its a stolen car or tag. But don't wait forever or else they won't believe you.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:17 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
what is wrong with people!
What is wrong with these people, is what we have talked about on these threads over and over, people don't care and the me first mentality. If you report it, let us know what happens, it will be interesting see what the police say.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:45 AM

That's ridiculous. Honestly, why would anyone put up with at crap in Miami? Moderator cut: Trolling

It's time people face the facts and stop saying stuff like "This happens everywhere" and "Rude people dont live in NC, so this wouldnt happen there" (which is true) but it's being sarcastic. Sweeping it under the rug.

Last edited by doggiebus; 07-25-2009 at 01:19 PM..

Old 07-25-2009, 12:16 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,799,123 times
LOL! This is so true. Moving to the midwest - I try to explain this behavior to people who havent driven in SFL and they look at me as if Im making this up. I never cease to be amazed when I put on my indicator and the next person behind me lets me over!

Quote:
Trusses>

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami