Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 09:56 AM

976 posts, read 1,101,409 times

Advertisements

^^^ I dont think so. You think comparing CO to Miami is relative, at all???????? Saying someone who doesnt like Miami will only complain and hate CO too is ridiculous.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:52 PM

21 posts, read 85,639 times
I grew up in Miami, and I moved away in 1997. I have traveled quite extensively across the US and I can honestly say it is one of the worst places to grow up. The schools are and have always been terrible and overcrowded. The elementary schools have gotten better, but I assure you, once your kids hit middle school, kiss them goodbye. The crime is ridiculous, I had my car stolen twice, once from right in front of my house at 2:30pm on a Saturday. My sister was mugged inside the Dolphin Mall in 2006.
Remember, Miami Beach, which is the main tourist draw, where all of the clubs, famous people, nightlife really are, is a SEPARATE CITY across Biscayne Bay. Miami itself has very few good neighborhoods left. Sorry but I know MIami like the back of my hand and I can tell you honestly, if you have kids, go someplace else.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:47 AM

1,344 posts, read 3,597,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDG375 View Post
I grew up in Miami, and I moved away in 1997. I have traveled quite extensively across the US and I can honestly say it is one of the worst places to grow up. The schools are and have always been terrible and overcrowded. The elementary schools have gotten better, but I assure you, once your kids hit middle school, kiss them goodbye. The crime is ridiculous, I had my car stolen twice, once from right in front of my house at 2:30pm on a Saturday. My sister was mugged inside the Dolphin Mall in 2006.
Remember, Miami Beach, which is the main tourist draw, where all of the clubs, famous people, nightlife really are, is a SEPARATE CITY across Biscayne Bay. Miami itself has very few good neighborhoods left. Sorry but I know MIami like the back of my hand and I can tell you honestly, if you have kids, go someplace else.
But the Moderator cut: flamingpeople of Latin America disagree with you! They say that Miami is a magical city where they can carry on their traditions, take advantage of 'minority' and 'immigrant' home and business loans, hold a decent job, and not have to assimilate into mainstream American culture...

Nevermind the increase in crime and the derelict shopping carts lining the sidewalks of formerly good neighborhoods, this is REAL progress, salsa style!

Last edited by doggiebus; 08-02-2009 at 11:49 AM..

Old 08-02-2009, 06:29 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,423,331 times
Hialeah - The City that Progress

Old 08-02-2009, 07:08 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,520,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDG375 View Post
you did the right thing then. paradise is not for everyone as your post clearly demonstrates. it's common knowledge that muggings are all confined to the area south of the martin county line and east of the collier county line as are car thefts and violent crime.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:47 AM

Dade

It's quite tough for some to live in a place where people that one deems inferior have better houses, cars and jobs.

It's quite sad for some to ascertain that what they call "mainstream American culture" is considered a basic and primitive culture by most of the city.

No wonder they have to resort to Yankee Doodle all the time.

For them, Miami is a upside down world, not Miami, the entire world.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:13 AM

976 posts, read 1,101,409 times
A small, very small portion of Miami is glitz and glamour. It's what's portayed on TV so ppl are drawn to it. Miami is one of the poorest cities in the nation, there is no doubt that the people there are among the most rude and difficut to be around. The crime's high, etc... this could make for a very difficult place to live in.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:30 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,310,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
Hialeah - The City that Progress
Once again, you make no sense....

Old 08-02-2009, 11:51 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,369,037 times
The topic is about those that grew up in Miami or raised children in Miami. Please stay on topic otherwise your post will get deleted.

Last edited by doggiebus; 08-02-2009 at 12:50 PM..

Old 08-02-2009, 05:12 PM

Hialeah the city that progress - Moderator cut: English Only

If your childen are raised in a multicultural city that lives in the XXIth Century, they will be able to survive better in a uncertain future. You must not overprotect your children from the world, and yes, the world is changing.

If your children are raised in a "haven" that's about to be swept away, they will suffer a lot in the future.

Last edited by doggiebus; 08-02-2009 at 06:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami