Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 11:25 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
White Mexican? WTF?
Actually there are plenty of "white mexicans " or caucasians if you prefer .. they are usually affluent thus do not immigrate from Mexico as the working or lower classes do and usually live like kings in Mexico as they own most of the property and wealth .. they usually own vacation homes in Miami , Houston ,Dallas , San Antonio and San Diego ... and yes there are plenty of light skinned , light eyed Mexicans with anglo features .. I see many of them when I travel to Mexico on business .

Old 08-09-2009, 03:16 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,433,515 times
Rock

I have family in Buenos Aires, Mexico City and Miami.
They come from my aunts and great aunts that travelled to Buenos Aires, Mexico City and Havana.
My family in Mexico City are in their third generation and they all look Catalans.
They frequent the "Centro Catalán" in Mexico city.
A Mexican cousin visited us recently and he told me a thing that baffled me.
He lives in a Colonia, a "gated community", a walled community in Mexico City in a beautiful community built with volcano rocks.
Whenever they had a "regular Mexicans" working there, mestizo Mexicans, they ALWAYS asked him where he was from.
We are talking about a third generation Mexican that speaks "Mexican Spanish".
He was considered a "foreigner" by "regular Mexicans" because he was white.
Such a thing doesn't happen in Argentina or Cuba.
Yes, there are Spanish in Mexico, many are Civil War Refugees granted asylum by Cardenas.
White Mexicans favour San Antonio.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitazz View Post
Like OMG

Leo here's the stats for 33145 (shenandoah)
# Cuba (70%)
# Nicaragua (7%)
# Colombia (3%)
# Honduras (3%)
# Peru (2%)
# Dominican Republic (2%)
# Argentina (2%)

I don't think they list PRs separetely, maybe because it's a US territorry and they are American Citizens, oh yeah I forgot, some of them are white.
--------------

Well, it was way better before. I'd rather have 70% Cuban and 30% Anglos.
Well, I don't like third or fourth generation Cubans because the speak English among themselves, and their Spanish is poor (not in all the cases).
There was a prominent white PR in Miami, Maurice Ferré, the former mayor.
He was kicked out thanks to Cuban votes.
He was considered some sort of "commie".
Now that you mention it, back in the 70's there was a small colony of PR and Dominicans (none of them white) that lived in Vietnam. Vietnam started at the 7th or 6th Ave. of Calle Ocho down to Downtown.
By the way, there was a large important colony of Vietnamese refugees living among Cubans, I wonder what happened to them. They were quite popular and appreciated people.
They were hard working and qualified.

Last edited by Leovigildo; 08-09-2009 at 03:43 PM..

Old 08-09-2009, 04:16 PM

976 posts, read 1,111,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
--------------

Well, it was way better before. I'd rather have 70% Cuban and 30% Anglos.
Well, I don't like third or fourth generation Cubans because the speak English among themselves, and their Spanish is poor (not in all the cases).
There was a prominent white PR in Miami, Maurice Ferré, the former mayor.
He was kicked out thanks to Cuban votes.
He was considered some sort of "commie".
Now that you mention it, back in the 70's there was a small colony of PR and Dominicans (none of them white) that lived in Vietnam. Vietnam started at the 7th or 6th Ave. of Calle Ocho down to Downtown.
By the way, there was a large important colony of Vietnamese refugees living among Cubans, I wonder what happened to them. They were quite popular and appreciated people.
They were hard working and qualified.
Wow, they make an attempt and speak English well but not spanish. Wow. Welcome to Miami where good English and poor spanish is frowned upon!

Old 08-09-2009, 04:39 PM

They should speak good English, good Spanish and at least two more languages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami