Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 12:07 PM

286 posts, read 1,030,492 times

Advertisements

Hey all, I'm from Tampa and will be visiting SoBe soon. I'm a 24-year old college guy and will be coming with two female friends of the same age.

Anyway, can some of you natives/regular tourists give me some insider tips on the nightlife? I have read about the hotspots such as B.E.D., Mynt, etc. Having never been to SoBe, how can I maybe get some "hook-ups" for entry/reduced prices for these clubs? Any specific recommendations for hotels/concierges/promoters, etc? We will be on a student's budget but definitely will set some bills aside to do the trip right. Celebrity sightings would be cool; I know Brooke Hogan lives there and it would make my day to meet her.

Sorry for the length, any input is much appreciated. Also I would be glad to provide info for the Bay Area to anyone here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 12:10 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,613,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obamanation View Post
Hey all, I'm from Tampa and will be visiting SoBe soon. I'm a 24-year old college guy and will be coming with two female friends of the same age.

Anyway, can some of you natives/regular tourists give me some insider tips on the nightlife? I have read about the hotspots such as B.E.D., Mynt, etc. Having never been to SoBe, how can I maybe get some "hook-ups" for entry/reduced prices for these clubs? Any specific recommendations for hotels/concierges/promoters, etc? We will be on a student's budget but definitely will set some bills aside to do the trip right. Celebrity sightings would be cool; I know Brooke Hogan lives there and it would make my day to meet her.

Sorry for the length, any input is much appreciated. Also I would be glad to provide info for the Bay Area to anyone here.
If you "bring" two women to a ANY club, they will let all three of you in because your group improves the female ratio. They have to be good looking, no fatties! I have seen a fat girl get rejected by bouncers while her friends were allowed inside...

Sometimes, if you go as a guy-girl couple, and your female date is a knock out, they will let you cut in line and get in. This was my experience at 'Rokbar' and 'Mynt'.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:41 PM

HA that's harsh but oh so true. Can happen up here also. Nightlife is big business and people who cloud the air won't be let in.

For context here, both them and I are cute and in good shape. I wouldn't quite say we are "Perfect 10 Supermodel" hot but we're all above-average and dress well.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:41 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,060,425 times
Yes..its a shame, but it's true. Fat girls or SKINNY unattractive girls are never allowed into clubs and wait for hours outside until they are tired and end up going home. If your also not dressed nicely, forget it. Best thing to do is to get close to the velvet rope and make eye contact with the bouncer. Also flash a 20 in your hand once in a while to him and he will probably call you on over, take the money and let you and your guests in.

As for clubs....its always changing and what was good one month ago may no longer be good anymore. I used to have a blast at Suite/Snatch. Not sure if it's around anymore.

Good luck !

Old 07-31-2009, 01:34 PM

Yeah confidence helps! Ok this is from left field but for some reason I have this feeling these clubs actually prefer male patrons to be unattractive looking. My reasoning is, a good-looking guy will be more likely to pick up girls on his own ability and accord. Therefore, he will have little to no need to buy girls' attention with drinks, etc. Sorry for the armchair sociology here! Has anyone noticed this in action and/or felt that to be the case at some time?

Old 07-31-2009, 01:53 PM

36 posts, read 42,959 times
Try THE LOUNGE CAFFE on 12th Street. The owner is a personal friend of mine. Free champagne all night long for the ladies. It's something new to try.

I don't like MYNT. I prefer the Delano, Sagamore, ShoreClub's SkyBar or other hotel hotspots with a nice lounge or open bar, or something more classy. Aerobar, Club Dream, B.E.D, SushiSamba, Segafredo, Set, Suite, Snatch, Space, Cameo, Opium+320, Nikki Beach, Yuca Lounge...

For food...try Novecento in Brickell. I love their Novecento salad: steak on top with french fries on the bottom...it's so delicious. The nightlife there is very nice too..

Old 07-31-2009, 03:16 PM

118 posts, read 485,837 times
Just wondering...I'll be in Miami from 9/2-9/7. Can anyone tell me if Space is till hot on Saturday and Sunday mornings? Which is better?????

Also what is the name of the champagne bar above Nikki Beach? It used to be Pearl. I keep hearing about this Heathrow club. Any good?

Pretty much I just want to know the BEST party places for the following days: Wednesday-Sunday. Any tips on publications to pick up or any websites that give free entry if you know the password will be much appreciated. Thanks y'all...you're beautiful!

Old 07-31-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-townChica View Post
Just wondering...I'll be in Miami from 9/2-9/7. Can anyone tell me if Space is till hot on Saturday and Sunday mornings? Which is better?????

Also what is the name of the champagne bar above Nikki Beach? It used to be Pearl. I keep hearing about this Heathrow club. Any good?

Pretty much I just want to know the BEST party places for the following days: Wednesday-Sunday. Any tips on publications to pick up or any websites that give free entry if you know the password will be much appreciated. Thanks y'all...you're beautiful!
Well Ms. thread hijacker nice to meet you. I keed. You're curious about the same thing I am. Hopefully we can get into at least one of the uberlounges cause that's an integral part of the trip.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:15 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,060,425 times
Yes, Pearl was upstairs and came alive at night. Not sure if it's still called that. Loved that place. So Classy and such good house music.

Saturday mornings are AMAZING at SPACE. Highly recommend it ! The energy is electrifying ! The place is packed until 2-3pm most weekend mornings. Also try Nocturnals after party scene as well..have fun !

Old 08-03-2009, 03:39 PM

118 posts, read 485,837 times
Thanx! When I lived in South Beach I never had ay problem getting into clubs since I worked in that industry. Space on Saturday it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
Yes, Pearl was upstairs and came alive at night. Not sure if it's still called that. Loved that place. So Classy and such good house music.

Saturday mornings are AMAZING at SPACE. Highly recommend it ! The energy is electrifying ! The place is packed until 2-3pm most weekend mornings. Also try Nocturnals after party scene as well..have fun !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami