Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 03:54 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,065,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyTheSilence View Post
Pitbull should be in a place where keys are required to lock his damn cell.....DUI is no joke.

Wow ... one topic where everyone is in agreement ... yes pitbull is a useless low life as are many "rap artists " an oxymoron if I ever heard one .... good posts by all !!!

Old 08-20-2009, 07:12 AM

199 posts, read 474,499 times
I agree that Pitbull wouldn't have been my choice but this country elected twice a president who was DUI. He had the keys to the country. Also, many with questionable morals have been kighted in England. Not just a Miami phenomenon.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:58 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,293,835 times
I thought pit bulls were banned in Miami.
Seriously though, I've never heard of this guy before. Sounds like he's a typical gangsta thgu though.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:39 AM

18,977 posts, read 32,531,418 times
I actually like Pitbull's music, it's entertaining, but yeah I do not agree with him getting the key at all. He doesn't seem quite as dumb and clueless as most other rappers b/c he actually does form some coherent thoughts about some political issues, but overall I'm sure there are much better people to give the key to than him. Pretty embarrassing to the City of Miami and I can't believe the leaders there actually approved that. What about that Miami banker that gave $60 million to his employees?

p.s. to the OP, great username there. That's my favorite song.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:52 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,046,352 times
I'm starting to believe that Miami produces "music" that only the rest of country enjoys. I had a feeling someone from another state would come here and state they like his music.

It's not our fault people. We have good singers in latin America, even Cuba has great artists, but it's what America, which is still mainly white non-hispanic chooses to listen to. That's why if you hate the Ghetto thug culture, don't think you can escape it wherever you move. You will find those gansta everywhere you go, even in those greener pastures of the Carolinas (Unless of course you move to Alabama, but I'll take the thugs anytime before those churchy towns)

Old 08-20-2009, 11:03 AM

18,977 posts, read 32,531,418 times
^so are you saying that people in Miami don't like Pitbull's music or just you? I was under the impression he was fairly popular there, probably not with the types of people that frequent C-D though.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:25 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,046,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
^so are you saying that people in Miami don't like Pitbull's music or just you? I was under the impression he was fairly popular there, probably not with the types of people that frequent C-D though.
It's just me. I'm not cool enough to like his music.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:49 AM

4 posts, read 8,554 times
A criminal for doing 100 on the Palmetto? Then the entire city is packed with criminals. They should change those stupid traffic laws. Why do they sell Porsches for? Pitbull is a great artist, but you don't like him because he's bilingual. As to the city of Miami granting him the keys, maybe you remember when in 1965 the Queen of England appointed each member of a band of hippy-commie drug addicts Members of the Order of the British Empire.Recreational drug useMcCartney's introduction to drugs started in Hamburg, Germany.[136] The Beatles had to play for hours, and they were often given "Prellies" (Preludin) by German customers or by Astrid Kirchherr (whose mother bought them). McCartney would usually take one, but Lennon would often take four or five.[137]McCartney remembered getting "very high" and giggling when The Beatles were introduced to cannabis by Bob Dylan in New York, in 1964.[138] McCartney's use of cannabis became regular, and he was quoted as saying that any future Beatles' lyrics containing the words "high", or "grass" were written specifically as a reference to cannabis—as was "Got to Get You into My Life".[139] John Dunbar's flat at 29 Lennox Gardens, in London, became a regular hang-out for McCartney, where he talked to musicians, writers and artists, and smoked cannabis.[64] In 1965, Miles introduced McCartney to hash brownies by using a recipe for hash fudge he found in the Alice B. Toklas Cookbook.[140] During the filming of Help!, he and the other Beatles occasionally smoked a spliff in the car on the way to the studio during filming, which often made them forget their lines.[141] Help! director Dick Lester said that he overheard "two beautiful women" trying to cajole McCartney into taking heroin, but he refused.[141] McCartney called for the legalization of Cannabis in 1967McCartney's attitude about cannabis was made public in the 1960s, when he added his name to an advertisement in The Times, on 24 July 1967, which asked for the legalisation of cannabis, the release of all prisoners imprisoned because of possession, and research into marijuana's medical uses. The advertisement was sponsored by a group called Soma and was signed by 65 people, including The Beatles, Epstein, RD Laing, fifteen doctors, and two MPs.[142]McCartney was introduced to cocaine by Robert Fraser, and it was available during the recording of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.[143][144] He admitted that he used the drug multiple times for about a year but stopped because of the unpleasant come down.[145]In 1967, on a sailing trip to Greece[146] (with the idea of buying an island for the whole group)[147] McCartney said everybody sat around and took LSD, although McCartney had first taken it with Tara Browne, in 1966.[148][149][150] He took his second "acid trip" with Lennon on 21 March 1967 after a studio session.[151] McCartney was the first British pop star to openly admit using LSD, in an interview in the now-defunct "Queen" magazine.[152] His admission was followed by a TV interview in the UK on Independent Television News on 19 June 1967, when McCartney was asked about his admission of LSD use, he said:“ I was asked a question by a newspaper, and the decision was whether to tell a lie or tell him the truth. I decided to tell him the truth ... but I really didn't want to say anything, you know, because if I had my way I wouldn't have told anyone. I'm not trying to spread the word about this. But the man from the newspaper is the man from the mass medium. I'll keep it a personal thing if he does too, you know ... if he keeps it quiet. But he wanted to spread it so it's his responsibility, you know, for spreading it, not mine. ” In spite of his statements then, and his admission (in 2004) that he had used cocaine, McCartney was not arrested by Norman Pilcher's Drug Squad, as had been Lennon, Harrison, Donovan, and several members of the Rolling Stones.[145] In 1972, however, police found cannabis plants growing on his Scottish farm.[153]On 16 January 1980, Wings went to Tokyo for 11 concerts in Japan.[154] As McCartney was going through customs, officials found 7.7 ounces (218.3 g) of cannabis in his luggage.[154] He was arrested and taken to a Tokyo prison while the Japanese government decided what to do. McCartney had been previously denied a visa to Japan (in 1975) because he had been convicted twice in Europe for possession of cannabis.[145] Public figures called for McCartney to be put on trial for drug-smuggling. Had he been convicted, he would have faced up to seven years in prison.[154] The members of Wings cancelled the tour and left Japan. After ten days in jail, McCartney was released and deported. He was told that he would not be welcome in Japan again, although a decade later he played a concert in Tokyo.[154] In 1984, Paul and Linda McCartney were both arrested for possession of cannabis.[155][156][edit]

Old 08-20-2009, 11:57 AM

1,344 posts, read 3,603,675 times
For someone who raps about the mistreatment of women and the glory of cocaine use and distribution, I would say that he, along with Rick Ross, represents a large segment of people in Miami who will continue to cater to all of Miami's negative stereotypes.

However, Pitbull can speak English as a native speaker, so he is a real immigrant patriot!

Old 08-20-2009, 11:59 AM

4 posts, read 8,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
-------Yes, he's popular among certain crowd. I don't care for his music, I only like his absurd low class Spanish intros and the girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami