Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:19 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quillorro View Post
-------Yes, he's popular among certain crowd. I don't care for his music, I only like his absurd low class Spanish intros and the girls.
I just like his music and that's about it, not a fan of that whole ghetto culture many of his fans seem to be into. Went to one of his shows at a club in SD a month or two ago, big mistake. Most of the people there sucked imo. Bunch of hot heads and trashy people, not my scene at all. I just hope not too much of Miami is like that since I hope to move there within the next few years.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:25 PM

4 posts, read 8,565 times
SavI kind of hate ghetto culture, but about the entire music scene is ghetto in the entire country. That's what they pump in the media.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:39 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I just like his music and that's about it, not a fan of that whole ghetto culture many of his fans seem to be into. Went to one of his shows at a club in SD a month or two ago, big mistake. Most of the people there sucked imo. Bunch of hot heads and trashy people, not my scene at all. I just hope not too much of Miami is like that since I hope to move there within the next few years.
Why would a sane person move from Southern California to Miami. Do you have family here?

Old 08-20-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitazz View Post
Why would a sane person move from Southern California to Miami. Do you have family here?
haha, no. I just need a change of scenery. Been in CA my whole life, FL appeals to me for several different reasons, I'm a big beach person and like warm, humid weather. Miami seems like an interesting and VERY different place to live, both good and bad. I like where I live now but just want to try something new for a while. I've read a lot of stuff on here for a while so am aware of all the opinions. I'll be there in November to check it out for myself and see if it's what I really want and to make sure I can handle it.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:55 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Quote:
haha, no. I just need a change of scenery. Been in CA my whole life, FL appeals to me for several different reasons, I'm a big beach person and like warm, humid weather. Miami seems like an interesting and VERY different place to live, both good and bad. I like where I live now but just want to try something new for a while. I've read a lot of stuff on here for a while so am aware of all the opinions. I'll be there in November to check it out for myself and see if it's what I really want and to make sure I can handle it.
My honest opinion. As long as you come with a job you will be fine if you can tolerate the weather.

The only place I would change Miami for is California because I can't stand cold weather. I don't like the heat here, you are a prisoner of your AC until 6pm every day. I grew up in Latin America in a city where the weather is perfect and maybe that's why I have a big issue with the heat here. I just think someone from California eventually might miss the weather there since they know better than those poor souls that come from the NE.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:00 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,292,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quillorro View Post
A criminal for doing 100 on the Palmetto? Then the entire city is packed with criminals. They shoul...(snipped unnecessary junk)
He wasn't just doing 100 on the Palmetto: he was s**t-face drunk and could have easily killed someone. It's a huge slap in the face to those who've lost relatives thanks to a moronic drunk driver.

EDIT: it's not like he was caught for that 10 years ago either - it was recently, but he got away with it.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:30 PM

976 posts, read 1,110,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggerhead Shrike View Post
I agree that Pitbull wouldn't have been my choice but this country elected twice a president who was DUI. He had the keys to the country. Also, many with questionable morals have been kighted in England. Not just a Miami phenomenon.
LOL, gotta have the "it can happen anywhere" statement, of course, lol.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:37 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,246,337 times
Quote:
I actually like Pitbull's music, it's entertaining, but yeah I do not agree with him getting the key at all. He doesn't seem quite as dumb and clueless as most other rappers b/c he actually does form some coherent thoughts about some political issues,.
There's tons of intelligent political rap out there. Pitbull makes mindless club hits and does not fall into that category.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitazz View Post
My honest opinion. As long as you come with a job you will be fine if you can tolerate the weather.

The only place I would change Miami for is California because I can't stand cold weather. I don't like the heat here, you are a prisoner of your AC until 6pm every day. I grew up in Latin America in a city where the weather is perfect and maybe that's why I have a big issue with the heat here. I just think someone from California eventually might miss the weather there since they know better than those poor souls that come from the NE.
I'm trying to go to grad school at either UM or FAU, we'll see how that works out. I may end up somewhere else depending on where I get into.

I like the weather here a lot but it can be a little too cool/cold sometimes, especially in winter. But it's perfect for living w/o AC (which I don't have) or heat (for some people). I don't mind the heat as long as I have AC when I need it.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
There's tons of intelligent political rap out there. Pitbull makes mindless club hits and does not fall into that category.
I actually wasn't referring to his lyrics b/c I don't even listen or comprehend most rap lyrics. But I agree his lyrics are fairly mindless. I was referring to a few interviews I've seen of him either on TV or print. In interviews and on TV he doesn't seem to project the same image as he does with his music, he seems more normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami