Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2010, 02:02 PM

185 posts, read 733,912 times

Advertisements

MIAMI BEACH (cont'd)
Star Island

Above South Beach with Star Island, Palm Island, and Hibiscus Island Beyond

In Cessna over South Beach

In Ultralight over South Beach

House on Star Island

Ultralighting over South Pointe

North Beach Kiteboarder

Miami Beach Marina at South Pointe

Aerial of Miami Beach Marina

North Beach in Front of the Akoya

The Miami International Boat Show
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 02:08 PM

Mid Miami Beach

South Pointe looking South to Fisher Island, Virginia Key, and Key Biscayne

The Blue and Green Diamond Condominiums at 559 feet the tallest buildings in Miami Beach

South Pointe looking East toward the Atlantic Ocean

The Fontainebleau Hotel

Kiteboarders in North Beach

On the beach in North Beach with Sunny Isles Beach Beyond

North Beach in front of the Akoya

In the Cessna over Bal Harbour with Miami Beach to the South and the Miami Skyline to the West (right)

Old 10-14-2010, 06:03 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,319,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_k View Post
Very nice. I really like the swimming turtle and the sunset (Mallory square?).
The turtle was off the Old 7 Mile Bridge and yes, the sunset is from Mallory Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumx View Post

Wow! This is YOU? Very impressive! My favorite is the one of the sail boats with the sun. I'd love to see what you do with cityscapes (downtown Miami and the Brickell Financial District).

I stumbled onto this thread by accident. I spend most of my time on SkyscraperCity where I am the moderator of the Miami forum. I don't care much for City-Data because there is so much negativity in here toward Miami and over all, the members are not as mature as on the other websites, not that guys there are that much more mature. Anyway, here is a set of Miami Beach photos.
Thanks! I'm no real photographer... it's easy to take good pictures of paradise! I don't have many city photos, I'll have to take some. I've got some more Keys to upload though, I'll do it in a few.

I've read over at SC before but haven't joined yet, I'll have to do so

Old 10-14-2010, 06:35 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,319,497 times
Some more... who could hate SoFla??

The Keys:

This came out a little fuzzy looking

Old Bahia Bridge... not car safe

Sorry it's not right side up.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:49 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,452,069 times
Love all the new pictures guys, thanks for posting!

Old 10-15-2010, 04:44 AM

Old 10-15-2010, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Thanks! I'm no real photographer... it's easy to take good pictures of paradise!
I'm no real photographer either. I just have some idea of how I want South Florida to look to the rest of the world. I never in my life thought about becoming a photographer myself until 3 years ago. It's just that skyscraper history and architecture have been a hobby of mine for the over 30 years. I've collected postcards and picture books all of this time, and even though I'm originally from North Florida, I have lived under the skylines of Los Angeles, San Francisco, and have visited several other U.S. cities including New York when the World Trade Center was still there.

When the new Miami skyline started to come to completion, I wasn't seeing the kinds of angles and perspectives of it I wanted to see based on my 30 plus years of informal study, so I decided if I wanted to see those angles and perspectives, I was going to have to capture them myself. Now, I'm a published photographer who has a gallery on Shutterstock.com and who enlarges and frames his best work to sell as art. I even sold an aerial of the Four Seasons to someone who lives there. They saw me in the lobby talking to the concierge and bought the framed enlargement. I never imagined taking it as far as I have and will continue to take it once we get more skyscrapers out of the ground.

A year ago, the moderating staff asked me if I would moderate the Miami forum of SkyscraperCity because the then moderator had become very inactive on the website. I didn't want the hassle at first, but after giving it some thought agreed to it.

Sunny Isles Beach
Florida's second largest skyline

Two from the Intracostal Waterway Bridge

On the Beach in Front of the Trump Palace (551 feet)

Old 10-15-2010, 02:17 PM

Sunny Isles Beach (Cont'd)

Looking South on Collins Avenue

Looking South on the Beach

Looking North on Collins Avenue to Hallandale Beach

Looking North on the Beach

Looking South from Aqualina

One of the Trump Trio reaches for the Sky

Zooming in on Downtown Miami from the Lehman Causeway near Sunny Isles Beach

Hallandale Beach and Hollywood Beach from the Lehman Causeway near Sunny Isles Beach with Aventura on the left

Last edited by quantumx; 10-15-2010 at 03:32 PM..

Old 10-16-2010, 04:34 AM

Brickell Financial District (Cont'd)

Brickell Avenue from the Miami River Bridge

North Brickell Financial District from Brickell Key with Bank of America on the left

Hotel Viceroy/Icon Brickell from Brickell Avenue

Icon Brickell/Hotel Viceroy from across the Miami River

Icon Brickell North Tower from Brickell Key (586 feet)

Hotel Viceroy from the Roof of the Miami Tower with Key Biscayne Beyond

The View from Club 50 at Hotel Viceroy with Brickell Key and South Beach Beyond

The View from Club 50 at Hotel Viceroy with 500 Brickell, Brickell on the River South, Brickell on the river North, and the Riverfront Community Beyond

Aerial of Brickell Key with Icon Brickell/Hotel Viceroy Beyond and the CBD across the Miami River to the right

Aerial of Icon Brickell at the Mouth of the Miami River

Brickell Avenue from the Roof of the Miami Tower

Brickell Avenue from the roof of the Wells Fargo Center under construction

Old 10-16-2010, 08:10 AM

26 posts, read 64,678 times
amazing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami