Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 03:30 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,047,410 times

Advertisements

there are some very insensitive people here. The whole idea behing stroller parking is to minimize the risk level....pedestrians get struck often in vehicle parking areas. Now imagine being a pedestrian with a baby in a stroller. Get it now ? The closer you are to the entrance you are seeking, the better off you are. Less risk. And yes...I was insensitive at first as well. I blame all the lazy fat people who DO NOT HAVE A HANDICAP that park in a handicap place in the first place. Those are the typical people that ruin it for everyone else...who place a stigma on reserved spots. We have all seen them....they get out of their cars fine...walk fine....but are too lazy to walk from anything but a handicapped space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 03:36 PM

259 posts, read 732,062 times
i'm a mom and i don't think we should get any special treatment. the only people who should get special treatment are people who NEED it (true handicapped. not the ones who buy the tag off of ebay).

if you can't deal with using a stroller than don't use one!

Old 01-15-2010, 12:01 PM

1 posts, read 7,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jovitasantoyo View Post
Im sure you are not a mother tallrick.. thats why you speak that way. when your at walmart and its raining cats and dogs, to know that you have to sprint across america basically to get to your vehicle, the stroller parking makes it easier for us mothers. Do you have kids? are you even married? My husband at least would prefer for his wife and child not to get wet.. then again.. all people arent the same..

Besides, the state already invested in the green stroller parking signs.. lol.. it would cost them too much to take them all out and replace them with handicapped ones so I guess they are here to stay ((wink)) Thanks for the info! I wills surely reply once I get mine =)

you can get the permit at Baptist Hospital in the gift shop.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:16 AM

796 posts, read 1,842,475 times
I am not a fan of the stroller parking permits...and yes, I am a mom. When my sons were babies (14 & 20), there was no such thing as stroller parking...I had to park where everyone else parked and deal with the elements, traffic and such..it wasn't that big of a deal. I am also not a fan of people who have disabled tags and don't really need them...supposedly, the requirement for a tag is that one is not able to walk 200 feet...I have had people tell my husband (who is disabled) that they're parking in a disabled spot because they have "high blood sugar"....true story!

Old 03-23-2010, 02:42 PM

1 posts, read 6,942 times
I can't diasagree, baby stroller parking permits are a bit much. I have three boys myself 6months, 3 years and 7 years old. I do find it hard to control the other two that are not in the stroller while walking and managing to keep my kids safe from the maniacs that don't know how to drive in Miami. On the other hand,no one forced me to have three kids, so why should I have priviledged parking? BUT I MUST SAY, there are A LOT of people with handicap permits that walk out of their cars just fine.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:48 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,342 times
I say we petition officials to change the handicapped symbol from its current wheelchair image to an image of a fat person reclining on a couch with a remote in one hand. I think that better reflects the type of person I always see parking in the handicapped spots.

I prefer to park farther away in the first open spot I see. To me, my time is worth more than saving a few feet of walking distance.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:34 PM

1 posts, read 6,137 times
I have infant twins and I always have to go to the grocery store with them, alone. I have a double-stroller. The problem is, I put one baby in the stroller and that goes ok no problem yet. Then I have to go around to the other side of the car to put the other baby in the stroller, leaving first baby in the stroller unattended while I get the second baby out. I always worry a car might accidentally hit the stroller with first baby while I am getting 2nd baby out. There is not enough room between the parking spaces to fit the stroller so that it is right up close next to me. So I gotta just leave on baby out there hanging... it sucks!!!

Old 02-17-2011, 04:47 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,404,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emsilver View Post
I have infant twins and I always have to go to the grocery store with them, alone. I have a double-stroller. The problem is, I put one baby in the stroller and that goes ok no problem yet. Then I have to go around to the other side of the car to put the other baby in the stroller, leaving first baby in the stroller unattended while I get the second baby out. I always worry a car might accidentally hit the stroller with first baby while I am getting 2nd baby out. There is not enough room between the parking spaces to fit the stroller so that it is right up close next to me. So I gotta just leave on baby out there hanging... it sucks!!!
Most important point ever!! No one should be forced to put their children at risk.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:50 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,404,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000 View Post
I am not a fan of the stroller parking permits...and yes, I am a mom. When my sons were babies (14 & 20), there was no such thing as stroller parking...I had to park where everyone else parked and deal with the elements, traffic and such..it wasn't that big of a deal. I am also not a fan of people who have disabled tags and don't really need them...supposedly, the requirement for a tag is that one is not able to walk 200 feet...I have had people tell my husband (who is disabled) that they're parking in a disabled spot because they have "high blood sugar"....true story!
What about people with heart conditions or who just had a bypass surgery? That is an invisible handicap, but very much a handicap just the same!

Old 08-01-2012, 12:20 AM

1 posts, read 5,155 times
I honestly believe that no one wants their child to get wet, while running to a parking spot. My advise to you is to plan a little better, wait in the parking lot until the closest spot to your destination opens up. Get a rain cover for your stroller and don't venture out with small infants as they are still developing an immune system and shouldn't be exposed to too many other people, such as in department stores. Being a mother is not easy, nor is being disabled. While you have a lifetime of joy and memories ahead of you, a disabled person deals with pain and physical limitations every minute of their day. Stroller parking is rediculous, and screams volumes about our society and the messed up values local goverment supports. You choose to become a mother and it is a great blessing for which you should be very greatfull. However it does not provide you with previlages outside of your own family. Disabled individuals did not make the choice to become handicapped, and have learned to celebrate their blessing, without expecting previlages. Imagine your life, if your child (God forbid) was handicapped. The next time you push your happy healthy infant around, imagine your hands were pushing a small wheelchair, instead of your modern conveniant stroller which can be purchased with many perks, including rain and sun protection. You should also realize that as a handicapped person I can park in your space, its the law, but you cannot use my space. Appreciate your blessings and remember your child will be able to walk soon and won't need that stroller any more, wheelchairs on the other hand are permenant. Please do not be angry at my response, I am only telling you the honest truth. Take care and God bless you and your little one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami