Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 07:29 AM

389 posts, read 1,083,505 times

Advertisements

Hey, the stroller parking is there. Who cares?? So much whining and complaining going on here. There are more important things to worry about. I have a 1 year old and I know how hectic it can be, however I live in Broward so we don't have it here. But if it is there might as well put it to use for those who have the pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 09:42 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,318,831 times
This is an old post, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsilver View Post
I have infant twins and I always have to go to the grocery store with them, alone. I have a double-stroller. The problem is, I put one baby in the stroller and that goes ok no problem yet. Then I have to go around to the other side of the car to put the other baby in the stroller, leaving first baby in the stroller unattended while I get the second baby out. I always worry a car might accidentally hit the stroller with first baby while I am getting 2nd baby out. There is not enough room between the parking spaces to fit the stroller so that it is right up close next to me. So I gotta just leave on baby out there hanging... it sucks!!!
No, you don't. That's an excuse. You get out of the car, get the stroller out, go to the first side of the car. Get your child out, put them in the stroller then you wheel them to the other side where you put your second child in.

If there's not enough room in the parking space... park in the back of the parking lot where you don't have a car on either side of you.

It's very simple.

-------------------------------------

As for stroller parking- ridiculous. Being a parent is sooooo hard. I swear, some parents cry more than their children.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:18 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,801,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
This is an old post, but...

No, you don't. That's an excuse. You get out of the car, get the stroller out, go to the first side of the car. Get your child out, put them in the stroller then you wheel them to the other side where you put your second child in.

If there's not enough room in the parking space... park in the back of the parking lot where you don't have a car on either side of you.

It's very simple.

-------------------------------------

As for stroller parking- ridiculous. Being a parent is sooooo hard. I swear, some parents cry more than their children.
Or just get the stroller out, walk around to get one kid then walk back over to put the kid in, then get the other kid out as the stroller is right there.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:08 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,318,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Or just get the stroller out, walk around to get one kid then walk back over to put the kid in, then get the other kid out as the stroller is right there.
Yep!

See, there's even more than one way to do it!!

Old 08-31-2012, 10:12 AM

1 posts, read 7,937 times

Baby Stroller Permits

"Moms and Dads, picture this: You’ve finally finished shopping, you’re loaded down with packages, pushing the sweet-but-tired-and-a-bit-cranky little one in the stroller, and walking the seemingly endless distance to your car, when… you see this up-close, reserved parking spot indicated by a green baby stroller. Don’t you wish that you could have parked there?
Well, you can. All that’s required is a Baby Stroller Parking Permit.
To purchase a Baby Stroller Permit:[LIST][*]The mother, father, or legal guardian must present photo identification, such as driver’s license, along with the child’s birth certificate or foot prints with child's/parent's information.[*]They are issued until one month before a child's 3rd birthday.[*]Permits are only valid in Miami-Dade County. [*]If the father will be purchasing the parking permit, the birth certificate and/or birth record documentations presented must have his name listed as the father of the child.[/LIST]" [URL="http://www.miamidade.gov/information/home.asp%22]Community"]http://www.miamidade.gov/information/home.asp"]Community[/URL] Information and Outreach

Permit Fees

Baby stroller permits: $17.00
($2.00 service fee, and $15.00 for permit)
Replacement fee: $1.00
Replacement fee allowed only once during a 12 month period. Permit owner must supply the permit number or show proof of purchase in order to qualify for the replacement permit. Without the receipt for the permit or the permit number, resident will have to complete a new application.
Replacement permits can only be purchased at the Tax Collector's Office.
[URL="http://www.miamidade.gov/information/baby-stroller-permit.asp#top"]Back to Top[/URL]Page Last Edited: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:55:20 PMinformation

Permit Purchase Locations

[URL="http://www.miamidade.gov/information/311-service-center.asp"]311 Service Centers[/URL]
Payment Methods: Check or Money Orders, with valid picture identification (ID).
Tax Collector's Office
140 W. Flagler Street, Room 102, Downtown Miami
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (due of processing time, please arrive prior to 4:15 p.m.)
Payment Methods: Money Orders, Cash, Personal Checks, and Cashier Checks with proper identification made payable to Tax Collector.
Baptist Hospital Gift Shop
8900 N. Kendall Drive
(Gift Shop located on the first floor.)
786-594-9455
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday: Noon - 5 p.m.
Payments accepted: Cash or credit cards only (employee payroll deduction available for Baptist Health employees only)
Proof of Mother/Father birth certificate, foot print or hospital wristband will suffice as proof. In addition, any legal guardianship with supporting documentation.
Doctors Hospital
5000 University Drive
786-308-3000
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Sat/Sun - Closed
Payment accepted: Cash or credit cards only (employee payroll deduction available for Hospital employees only)
Hialeah Hospital Gift Shop
651 East 25 Street, Hialeah
305-835-4865
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Payments accepted: Cash only
Kendall Regional Medical Center Gift Shop
11750 SW 40th Street
305-228-6227
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Sat/Sun - 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Payment accepted: Cash only
Mercy Hospital Gift Shop
3633 S Miami Avenue, 1st floor
305-285-2140
Monday - Friday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday: 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Payments accepted: Cash or credit cards only (employee payroll deduction or personal check for Mercy Hospital employees only)
Miami Children's Hospital Palmetto Bay Center
17615 SW 97th Avenue, 2nd floor
786-268-2611
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m
Closed Sundays and Holidays
Payments accepted: Cash
West Kendall Baptist Hospital Gift Shop
9555 SW 162nd Avenue, 1st Floor Main Lobby
786-467-2140
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday: 9 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Sunday 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Payments accepted: Cash or credit cards only (employee payroll deduction available for Baptist Health employees only)

Old 10-11-2013, 11:16 AM

1 posts, read 7,231 times
I dont think it has to do with weight of child, stroller or none, maybe moe when you have two kid screaming at the top of their lungs and the mother wanting give up!! Or maybe they are screaming before you even get there, maybe the mother needs to kust pick ip two thing and holding hands of 2,3,4 kids across the freakin parling lot seems useless, maybe a front spot just makes your day, the simple things, i wish there wasnt coment filled parking lots anyway. Compassion all makes us better people, being a mother is very challenging and fabulous all wrapped togother. Unfortunately what happens is you have to treat a mother of one like a mother with 4. I can tell you may not have kids. And if so then maybe we should all work on our judgements of others and what they deserve. One or two spaces never hurt anybody. Better things to compain about.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:48 AM

14,927 posts, read 12,123,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Thankfully Team Metro offices were closed. However, they have been renamed "neighborhood compliance" and relocated to government owned property to save money. I have not researched why Miami-dade county required baby stroller preferred parking next to the lazy people parking with the wheelchair icon. Call 311 for the county information line. I know that if it was up to me I would have removed all baby stroller parking spaces and restricted handicapped spaces to those confined to an actual wheelchair. Oh well that's how it was in the golden age of Miami.
Those baby-stroller parking spots were brought to you years ago courtesy of a very overweight Dade County commissioner who felt as though her equally overweight pregnant daughter Pweshus shouldn't have to walk the length of a parking lot to do her shopping.

One small bright spot in this whole self-indulgent "baby-stroller parking" debacle, is that people with handicapped stickers are also permitted to park in baby-stroller marked spots. Although I have on occasion seen or heard about a healthy young pregnant woman complaining about, and demanding a parking ticket for a vehicle with a handicapped sticker or license parked in "her" spot.....

Old 10-11-2013, 11:58 AM

14,927 posts, read 12,123,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugspie View Post
I dont think it has to do with weight of child, stroller or none, maybe moe when you have two kid screaming at the top of their lungs and the mother wanting give up!! Or maybe they are screaming before you even get there, maybe the mother needs to kust pick ip two thing and holding hands of 2,3,4 kids across the freakin parling lot seems useless, maybe a front spot just makes your day, the simple things, i wish there wasnt coment filled parking lots anyway. Compassion all makes us better people, being a mother is very challenging and fabulous all wrapped togother. Unfortunately what happens is you have to treat a mother of one like a mother with 4. I can tell you may not have kids. And if so then maybe we should all work on our judgements of others and what they deserve. One or two spaces never hurt anybody. Better things to compain about.
Oh there you go....the "being a mother is soooooooooooo haaaaaarrrrrrrd", followed with the "yooooooouuu just can't understaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnd, you must not have kiiiiiiiiiiids...." whine.

Doesn't wash, that whining. Many of your readers have been there, done that, and know its hard work raising kids, so no sympathy there. Perhaps your whining might serve as a cautionary tale to those contemplating having children. If you can't handle them, don't have them.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:13 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,897,479 times
I had 3 kids. I weighed between 85 to 95 pounds when I had them. Strollers weren't made so lightweight back in the day. Those things were HEAVY! And BULKY! I managed just fine. I never understood a special parking spot because you had a stroller.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:18 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,819,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
I had 3 kids. I weighed between 85 to 95 pounds when I had them. Strollers weren't made so lightweight back in the day. Those things were HEAVY! And BULKY! I managed just fine. I never understood a special parking spot because you had a stroller.
I agree, and that is why I have always been against them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami