Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 08:50 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,682,024 times

Advertisements

Miami is a high crime area, has a low non-hispanic white population, high property taxes coupled with even higher home prices, a number of local politicians with a penchant for breaking the law, some really bad traffic & congestion, and some of the rudest drivers in the country! Are you happy that I said it?

Despite all that, a number of people really like living here....like my CPA. I think he overcharges me though

Old 05-03-2007, 09:06 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
Miami is a high crime area, has a low non-hispanic white population, high property taxes coupled with even higher home prices, a number of local politicians with a penchant for breaking the law, some really bad traffic & congestion, and some of the rudest drivers in the country! Are you happy that I said it?
Try saying this, maybe some people think there are better places to live in this country than Miami. Oh and also try saying Miami isn't a place to raise children.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:38 PM

670 posts, read 1,742,942 times
Talking Miami is so cool that rainbows come in pairs...

Now if the moderators would only let me posts the twin blonde 18 year old girl nudes in Key Biscayne

Old 05-03-2007, 09:47 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I left Miami 17 years ago, but my parents still live there. What people call negative I call the truth. Imagine, next week I have to help dad go to court to fight a 250.00 fine for having a compost barrel! Miami is 90% bad experiences and 10% good for me. Other than the corrupt tax assessors, you never hear me complain about Key Largo. Even though we're a mess, we still are a cut above Miami. The worst place in all of Florida may not be Miami, but it's definately up there. Want me to write more positive things? Be nice to my parents. Miami! I want to see Miami improve, not continue attracting flies!

The first step to eliminate the flies would be to eliminate the compost barrel!

Old 05-04-2007, 04:34 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,682,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Try saying this, maybe some people think there are better places to live in this country than Miami. Oh and also try saying Miami isn't a place to raise children.
I'll agree with the first part. The latter is a little more subjective. Moms & Dads will each have to decide that one on their own. Iraqi families may think it's quite nice to raise kids here (I have no idea)

Old 05-04-2007, 07:23 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,410 times
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-04-2007, 07:36 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
The first step to eliminate the flies would be to eliminate the compost barrel!
Actually it was the two legged flies I was thinking of....Miami seems to attract the scummiest people.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:31 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
I just left Miami the city I grew up in,the house I grew up in and owned for 15 years and left my employment for 10 years.All I can say is what a smooth move!

Im 45 minutes north of Tampa right now,it is such a different world up here.Overall people are nicer and happier.Highway 19 is like U.S1 with plenty of stores and growth yet traffic is nothing compared to Miami.I purposely caught rush hour traffic in Clearwater the other day to see how long it would take to head north.It wasn't that bad at all,lots of cars but moved smoothly.

I also caught rush hour in Tampa and I4 to see,slow traffic at first but moved smoothly soon after.Rush hour was 1 hour from Tampa to Brooksville on I75.

Plenty of bars and nightclubs,I walked into a driver license place....no one in line,I walked back out done in 10 minutes.Houses here going the 170k range would be 400k plus in Miami.

Just about everything I had in Miami (or in some cases didn't have) there is here too.The only thing is I might have to commute to go to work but thats a price to pay,yet rush hour depending isn;t nearly as bad as Miami.

Did I mention there is a mix of ethnic people up here too yet everyone speaks english.Frankly,there are more anglo compared to any other ethnic background yet still everybody seems happy.

I am still forming a opinion but so far I like it and if I stay in FL this is probably where I'll stay.45 minutes to Tampa,1 and half to Orlando and decent cities in between.3 hours to Daytona.And if I need to go back to Miami I can always make that 5 hour drive.

This place has beautiful trees,rolling hills...it reminds me more of up north sometimes then Florida.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:48 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
The overwhelming conclusion is that the worst city in Florida is Miami, and Miami-Dade county is the most corrupt, and unpleasant one in the entire state. Broward is almost as bad, but that's because it's next to Dade. If Miami-Dade county was cut out of Florida and sunk in the ocean, the entire state would start to improve, just like when cancer is removed from someone's body. Oh wait, you would have to stop the cancer from spreading .Well you can leave the Everglades portion of Miami-Dade.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:12 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
The overwhelming conclusion is that the worst city in Florida is Miami, and Miami-Dade county is the most corrupt, and unpleasant one in the entire state. Broward is almost as bad, but that's because it's next to Dade. If Miami-Dade county was cut out of Florida and sunk in the ocean, the entire state would start to improve, just like when cancer is removed from someone's body. Oh wait, you would have to stop the cancer from spreading .Well you can leave the Everglades portion of Miami-Dade.
If you think Broward is bad you should come to West Palm Beach and Lake Worth (of course Boynton Beach, Lantana, and other surrounding cities are pretty bad too).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami