Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 01:03 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
SW Dade needs clean up much more. Bird Rd corridor, Kendall Dr., 152nd, Caribbean blvd, etc.
You have to be kidding me. 152nd St? Kendall Dr? Not awesome but not horrible compared to most of NW Dade. Plus according to your map, Caribbean Blvd is acutally spared?

Seriously, robbers and burglars from places like Miami Gardens have almost totally taken over Miramar, are starting to have a field day at Pembroke Lakes Mall, and follow the cross streets as far north as Cooper City to keep their business going. Does South Dade have that far reaching of a spillover affect?

Also, keep this in mind; the victims have to go somewhere.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:04 PM

976 posts, read 1,110,978 times
I dont think anyone is really talking about harm to individuals, just to wipe out some of the bad areas...

Old 09-18-2009, 01:23 PM

29 posts, read 62,523 times
wipe out ddoesn't sound nice also, Miami is not dirty

Old 09-18-2009, 03:39 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,608,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
You have to be kidding me. 152nd St? Kendall Dr? Not awesome but not horrible compared to most of NW Dade. Plus according to your map, Caribbean Blvd is acutally spared?

Seriously, robbers and burglars from places like Miami Gardens have almost totally taken over Miramar, are starting to have a field day at Pembroke Lakes Mall, and follow the cross streets as far north as Cooper City to keep their business going. Does South Dade have that far reaching of a spillover affect?

We should give them a choice...

Alaska, or back home........................

Old 09-18-2009, 07:35 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,131,637 times
A hurricane would clear out the speculators...which would be a good thing. All of this unsustainable, unaffordable growth from money abroad and speculation just isn't healthy for the economy. A hurricane would scare people off, but the natives would stay and thrive. Think of it like when they burn the exotic Maleluca trees in the Everglades, that have killed off the native plants. When they burn them out, new, native plants grow back. With a major cane, the natives (people born in Miami of EVERY race) would be in a much better position to take back and rebuild the city the right way.

I think there will always be gullible and naive people that will keep the market here overinflated though, the best we can do is take advantage of the downs in the market...

Old 09-18-2009, 08:17 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
A hurricane would clear out the speculators...which would be a good thing. All of this unsustainable, unaffordable growth from money abroad and speculation just isn't healthy for the economy. A hurricane would scare people off, but the natives would stay and thrive. Think of it like when they burn the exotic Maleluca trees in the Everglades, that have killed off the native plants. When they burn them out, new, native plants grow back. With a major cane, the natives (people born in Miami of EVERY race) would be in a much better position to take back and rebuild the city the right way.

I think there will always be gullible and naive people that will keep the market here overinflated though, the best we can do is take advantage of the downs in the market...
This is a good summary of how I feel. The speculators and money from abroad have destroyed Miami over time, and have made life here more miserable than it needs to be. If they could be scared off there would be a temporary slump in the economy that would quickly be replaced by new businesses. Think of when the Cubans first came to 1960's Miami, which was affordable and less corrupt. Many businesses were established during the time. There is a lot of latent talent here from those of us who gave up on a corrupt dysfunctional system. The only thing needed is for real estate values to fall to rock bottom levels and you will see the new Miami built for the future.

Just like meleleuca, brazillian pepper, and autrailian pine the foreign speculators have crowded out natives and their innovation. The sooner they go away the sooner Miami can be a true world-class city.

Old 09-19-2009, 04:26 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,432,373 times
Think of when the Cubans first came to 1960's Miami, which was affordable and less corrupt.

------

During the 50's, Miami was the corruptest city in the U.S after New Orleans.

It was a affordable place because it was a segregated sundown hick town with several department stores in Downtown, Miami Beach, the Horse Track at Hialeah and the Gators at the Everglades.

Now Miami is a first class International City and a World Class Financial Center. Of course, hicks are not uselful since they can be replaced by cheaper labour from the Third World.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:40 AM

Who were these "hicks" that you speak of? You mean the hard working Americans that left in the 80's and 90's?

Old 09-19-2009, 06:21 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,667,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post

He does not know SW Dade very well at all. No one with a good knowledge of the area would imply that Bird Road and Kendall Drive are bad areas. SW 152nd Street east of US1 is a very nice area, between US1 and the Turnpike is an okay area, and west of the Turnpike is a pretty nice area. Parts of Caribbean Boulevard are bad, but others are good.

All of this nonsense (including the picture of a person in the friggin jungle) is just a poorly veiled expression of his own anti-Hispanic sentiment.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:46 PM

A legit reason IMO, especially if you have kids, could be because of crime. I watch America's Most Wanted a lot. The state of FL is almost always mentioned. Fugitives on the run, someone kills someone in Newark, and guess where they try to hide? Florida! I was watching it tonight and two hispanic males are wanted for killing someone in Boynton Bch FL. And then, a guy in Tampa (a crazy pervert)........ and I'm not even going to get into the story because it's disgusting, is on the loose... he's from NYC, so he might be there or might be in FL still. Who knows.

But I think crime and the attempted kidnappings, etc... all play a big role in raising children. And I'm a FL native, but this state has way too many of these types of incidents. And also criminals come down here to hide out, making it much worse.

So I went to America's Most Wanted website, to check it out and see how many fugitives FL has on the run... and FL has as many fugitives as other neighboring states NC, SC, and GA combined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami