Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 09:17 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caponeleo View Post
Because the standard pistol holds six bullets in its magazine...
I have seen magazines hold 9-14 rounds; maybe you mean a revolver normally holds six? But a revolver does not have a magazine. Please clarify.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 02:54 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,419,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caponeleo View Post
Because the standard pistol holds six bullets in its magazine...
you mean the standard revolver holds six bullets, unless you are talking about a SW J-Frame or Taurus M85 which holds 5 shots in the cylinder

Old 12-26-2012, 11:00 PM

132 posts, read 171,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
No, it is not.

It will take a couple of more steps of course, but the same damage can be done with a revolver.

What is your experience with firearms?
My guess is none.

Anyone with a speed loader or moonclip can do just as much if not more damage with a revolver. There is nearly a zero chance of a jam with a revolver also.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:01 AM

696 posts, read 1,170,328 times
I pack heat all the time in Miami.. oh my......

Old 12-27-2012, 12:04 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,195,335 times
Guns should be banned in the USA.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adebord View Post
And before you believe some fairytale nonsense that banning guns is capable of removing ALL of them from society. Keep in mind there are over 400 million guns in the United States, more guns than people. Simply impossible.
We should put the banning into practice to see if it works or not, then.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:37 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Do you think gun rights will be restored if banning them shows no effect or improvement. Once those rights are taken away they aren't coming back, they never do. Sorry, but I do not agree with your assessment.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:28 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,419,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
works well in DC

Old 12-27-2012, 07:29 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
How insane does a person have to be to think that banning something will make it disappear? Personally I like my service six. You will never stop Americans with a 236 year history of the second amendment to back them up. Even staged massacres like we have seen will not lead to the repeal of the second amendment. In rural areas guns are like tools, everyone has a few. Maybe the people willing to cram themselves in stack-em and pack-em cities support gun bans but they are not the only people in this nation.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
How insane does a person have to be to think that banning something will make it disappear? Personally I like my service six. You will never stop Americans with a 236 year history of the second amendment to back them up. Even staged massacres like we have seen will not lead to the repeal of the second amendment. In rural areas guns are like tools, everyone has a few. Maybe the people willing to cram themselves in stack-em and pack-em cities support gun bans but they are not the only people in this nation.
Thinking that something might disappear completely after a ban is not insane, but naive.

Why would you need guns in rural areas?? Perhaps for hunting for clothing and food, or protection from bears and wolves and other wild animals. People living under these conditions of survival need all the tools they can get. Good thing they live FAR AWAY FROM high density areas...

But civilians owning guns in America, a country where most of the population lives in areas where food is farm-bred and sold in markets, can't be justified.

The idea that you can get to point B by killing someone or by going to wars is very well carved into the mentality of the people. So in a way it has more to do with culture and history...however, no culture is safe from people who have the power to put an end to social practices. Nothing can be exterminated completely, but it can be diminished to a very low point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami