Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 01:37 PM

4 posts, read 3,609 times

Advertisements

I'm sure you are right about not judging an entire city by some negetive posters on here. I've never seen this site before and haven't even checked out the Chicago page yet. I'm sure there's some posts on there that are weird or horendous to other cities on there, as well.
I had just never seen all this before.
You've been very nice and non-judgemental in replying to my posts. Thank you.

Please ignore any and all grammatical errors, puncuationor spelling errors from me. After a 70MPH car accident in which we flipped 4 times in 2008, most of my 4.0 past in such things has gone out the window unfortunately. (Pun fully intended It sucks. I've got some slight brain trauma and some memory troubles, as well. I can say for certain that seatbelts save lives! Cheesey as that old slogan may sound, it's true for me. Take good care, Loggerhead Shrike. Maimi.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:39 PM

4 posts, read 3,609 times
LOL. *punctuation, or spelling errors *

Old 11-16-2010, 02:16 PM

199 posts, read 475,374 times
The boards can be fun reading. Some of the points of views are hilarious (or diconcerting). I have checked out other city forums out of curiosity and its is all the same there. The negative posters, the overly positive ones etc...I have learned not take them too seriously, but they can be informative. Glad you wore your seat belt, can't imagine going through what you did, and Miami does have some pretty drivers so I always wear them!

Old 01-27-2011, 01:47 PM

888 posts, read 885,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
And the city of Miami considers English, Spanish, AND Haitian Creole to be official languages. Which do we honor? Point being, the idea of a unified language is nice and (believe it or not) still valid, but you are free to speak what you want in America.
I hate to bring up an old thread like this one, but I found this comment to be interesting.

I have heard many people say that if we were in Germany, France, etc, we would be expected to speak the local language, so Miami residents should be forced to speak English.

But, while there are some things I'd like to copy off of Germany & France, I do not necessarily think language policy is one of those things.

Forcing someone in Miami to speak one language, as opposed to the 3 official ones that are here, is something that so many other countries do already. It does not make them any better places to live. Do people really believe that forcing us to speak English in public will make Miami a better place to live? Why should we copy language policy from other countries?

Old 01-27-2011, 02:14 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,071,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
funny video,

I likey the singer...

YouTube - Press One For English
What is the point of re hashing a thread that is well over a year old .. this forum is sooo boring .... I am retiring from here .... good luck to all ... bye , bye .

Old 01-27-2011, 03:51 PM

810 posts, read 1,577,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
What is the point of re hashing a thread that is well over a year old .. this forum is sooo boring .... I am retiring from here .... good luck to all ... bye , bye .
bye Rock, you inspired me. I'm leaving too. This is not worthy.

Bye Winter, you were my only friend.

Remember you all, when you read long boring repetitive uninformative trollish unoriginal posts:
Lost time is never found again

Old 01-27-2011, 04:24 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,184,741 times
This forum is mostly a real state forum, you can't barely find people from the internetzz here. This is not my calling... I'm out till further notice.

CDF doesn't have the internet feeling...

So long Miami!!!

Old 01-28-2011, 06:43 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,697,744 times
Bye all you three. You won't be missed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami