Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 05:30 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-sol View Post
You can go back to my original statement and read the second sentence or go to the end where I encapsulate it. I'll save you the effort.

1. I'm talking modern technology. 2000 years ago was the alleged birth of Christ. Show me some African technological innovations, and show me where African researchers are pointing this out. Don't show me European or non-black ones pointing it out to me.

2. Based on their history, Africans haven't done much (even if they did, they didn't bother to write it down) technologically, they aren't doing much now and they probably won't be in the future as long as they keep on doing what they are doing now. I know a few west Africans and not only was I floored to find out how much western religion has infiltrated that region, but they are just now teaching African history to African students. Up to now, they've been teaching European history to African students.

Consider that: in a continent full of black people with 50+ countries mostly ruled by black people, black administrators and all, black students are learning about Europe.

And now to really blow your socks off, black Americans* have no intellectual responsibility whatsoever to promote or defend Africans. A very large number of them (Africans) don't even consider themselves "black".

In fact, they are black! We're shades of brown!

We, on the other hand, are a separate and distinct ethnic group. We descend from a mixture of multiple African ethnic groups, European ethnic groups, Asian, Arab, Polynesian and Native Americans. Obama descends directly from Africa but I guarantee you he has more in common with a black dude from Chicago than one from Nairobi.

Our culture becomes more dissimilar from theirs with each new generation. That's why I didn't read that long diatribe that that other Afrocentrist posted. Quite frankly, I don't care. If their history was that notable, everyone would know about it just like everyone knows about Chinese, Japanese and Arabic contributions to humanity. Zheng He, for example, circumnavigated the known world before 1450. He even went to East Africa and brought giraffes back to China! Who in Africa did that?

Africans have provided a lot of free labor, though. And slavery is still going on right now in Africa. They cannot show what they've done in the distant or recent past, they are not doing much right now and there's no reason to expect some sort of African enlightenment especially while they are still having silly ethnic wars (Europeans do this too -- just ask some Russians or Poles), fighting over resources, overthrowing governments, selling each other out, being corrupt and despotic, and selling what resources there are to foreigners (deBeers for example).

How are those countries dirt poor when they are swimming in a sea of resources? Gold, silver, copper, tin, nickel, bauxite, forestry products, silicate, clean water, oil, diamonds, iron, rubber, fish, fruits, vegetables, gorgeous scenery. There's trillions of dollars just under their feet. Africa as a continent could be completely self-sufficient and tell China and the West to f off, but they don't. They have not yet figured out that together each achieves more (neither have black people in the US). What they could use is some literacy and education so the superstitiousness can end and they will realize that it is much later than they think. They don't even own the space in space above their countries to launch a satellite if they wanted to. Western countries have gobbled it all up. I will give Nigeria credit, though; they have a space agency and are trying to launch a space vehicle.

That is the hard truth about Africa, period point blank.

*When I say "black Americans", I don't mean only black people in the USA. I mean black people on the American continent from Alaska to Argentina.
Genetics are genetics. I know Africans and Black-Americans(and Black West-Indians, hell, ESPECIALLY Black-West Indians and Afro-Latinos) like to play this little game of "I'm not YOUR kinda Black" and "We're not the same Black" but it is what it is and you are what you are. Your ancestors primarily came from Africa. Sure Whiteness has taken a dip in ALOT of our gene pools(I'm Haitian, I'm sure I have some White-French in me somewhere up the line), but our ancestors are primarily African. Afro-Latinos especially have heavy ancestral denial. Take a look at Sammy Sosa, YIKES!!!

Last edited by doggiebus; 03-24-2013 at 07:17 PM..

Old 03-21-2013, 05:45 PM

91 posts, read 248,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Genetics are genetics. I know Africans and Black-Americans like to play this little game of "I'm not YOUR kinda Black" and "We're not the same Black" but it is what it is and you are what you are. Your ancestors primarily came from Africa, sure Whiteness has taken a dip in ALOT of our gene pools(I'm Haitian, I'm sure I have some White-French in me), but our ancestors are primarily African.
Take a trip to Africa and inform them of that. They won't accept me any faster than they'd accept you. Somehow in their mentalities, we are beneath them. They hardly even acknowledge trans-Atlantic slavery which in the end affected them much more than us. I don't know how much mixing took place in Haiti but I can look around here in the US and see that quite a bit has. I'm talking more than Colin Powell, Barack Obama, Beyonce, Dorothy Dandridge, Hines Ward, Adam Clayton Powell, Daniel Hale Williams and many, many others. Plus black men these days are going for non-black women. Like I said previously, the black American has absolutely no intellectual responsibility to promote or defend Africans. If they want to come here with an attitude, that's on them. Our culture and our genetics are different. In a few thousand years, an "American" will be part white, part black and a lot of other ethnic genes added in there. They'll still be what they are now.

And most of that "game" you are talking about comes from the African side. You rarely find someone on the black American side with my views. I'm not holding hands or singing Kumbiyah with any one who thinks I'm less than them because I happen to descend from slaves.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:20 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-sol View Post
Take a trip to Africa and inform them of that. They won't accept me any faster than they'd accept you. Somehow in their mentalities, we are beneath them. They hardly even acknowledge trans-Atlantic slavery which in the end affected them much more than us. I don't know how much mixing took place in Haiti but I can look around here in the US and see that quite a bit has. I'm talking more than Colin Powell, Barack Obama, Beyonce, Dorothy Dandridge, Hines Ward, Adam Clayton Powell, Daniel Hale Williams and many, many others. Plus black men these days are going for non-black women. Like I said previously, the black American has absolutely no intellectual responsibility to promote or defend Africans. If they want to come here with an attitude, that's on them. Our culture and our genetics are different. In a few thousand years, an "American" will be part white, part black and a lot of other ethnic genes added in there. They'll still be what they are now.

And most of that "game" you are talking about comes from the African side. You rarely find someone on the black American side with my views. I'm not holding hands or singing Kumbiyah with any one who thinks I'm less than them because I happen to descend from slaves.
I see your viewpoint. There does seem to be a "stuck-up" attitude among some Africans. I've heard this Black girl in class say the samething, one of the instructors at my school was a lady from Ghana, and the black girl in my class spoke of how she treats her students, she was like "Well, you already know how she is, you know how them Africans and Black foreigners feel about us Black-Americans, they hate us and consider themselves diffirent from us".

Old 03-21-2013, 11:55 PM

203 posts, read 518,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I see your viewpoint. There does seem to be a "stuck-up" attitude among some Africans. I've heard this Black girl in class say the samething, one of the instructors at my school was a lady from Ghana, and the black girl in my class spoke of how she treats her students, she was like "Well, you already know how she is, you know how them Africans and Black foreigners feel about us Black-Americans, they hate us and consider themselves diffirent from us".
I experience this with my teacher from college who was from Ghana. She gave me hell.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:42 PM

313 posts, read 647,058 times
Don't you all realize how silly race is, you'll never be happy if you dwell on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami