Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 01:02 PM

203 posts, read 518,881 times

Advertisements

Wild style you are speaking the true but society is taught otherwise. It's for a reason. I think if you tell a group of people that they lived naked and were only good for labor then you can brain wash him. People believe everything came from the Greeks and Romans.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:28 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
Well, I can't be too upset at them, they don't know any better. They have been taught that Africans have done nothing, that we were just walking around naked and killing each other, until Europeans came and liberated Africa. Its silly and furthest from the truth, but unless someone has the wherewithal to research it, they won't know.

The same sickness is in Africa too, do you know that until recently, Africans were not being taught African history ON the continent of Africa?! They were being taught European history. That is starting to change now, but it was like that for a LONG time. As a result, you get a lot of Africans who were born in that time period believing this stupidity i.e. that we have not done anything.

These people need to understand the oldest Kingdoms and empires in the world were black African. Kush, which was older than Egypt by at least 1,000 years had mtu neter (the writing the Greeks dubbed Hieroglyphics) first. The oldest example of mtu ntr was found in a grave in Lower Sudan (northern Sudan) in a place called Qustul, it predates writing in Egypt proper by a few hundred years. The crown of the south is also depicted in that same tomb. So here we are in Kush, with iconography and writing that the Egyptians would later use, a few hundred years before it appears in Egypt. Also, the first king of Egypt, Namer also comes from the South, in what today is Northern Sudan. Herodotus stated in his book (the histories) that it was believed at his time, that Egypt was a colony of "Ethiopia", which is what the Greeks called Kush, and that Egypt later gained autonomy. In West Africa we have great kingdoms like the ancient kingdom of Ghana that dates back to 1,000 B.C., we had Songhai Empire, Mali Empire, Begam Kingdom, the Hausa Kingdom, and on and on it goes. We have writing systems older than most found in the world. For example Nsibidi, Begam script, Andikra Script, and then the hundreds of other scripts associated with secret societies through out Africa. The thing is, Africans tied education to the secret societies, so talking about these scripts or showing them to outsiders was a offense punishable by death. These scripts still exist as do the secret societies. if you want to know more just google Komo Secret Society in Mali or Poro secret society.

My point is, Africans have done tons, and did it before Europeans or anyone else did. But that makes sense, Africans are the oldest people on the planet. To think someone would come later and do something before the oldest group did, is beyond silly. Its like my son thinking he is going to drive a car before me, eat food before me or plant a seed before me. Just not going to happen, I was here first. But that's not to say Europeans or other groups aren't capable or haven't contributed to world history, they have! But we should give everyone their proper place in history.

Once true history starts being taught, I think it would start to do away with a lot of these inferiority complexes. I think it will do a lot for race relations too, because people can learn to appreciate each other more. I think if true history is taught, it will also help to repair race relations in the west, in terms of slavery. I say that because, before even one African was taken as a slave, millions of Europeans were brought into North Africa and parts of West Africa as slaves. That is how you get white Berbers (they were black before then, according to eye witness reports like Herodotus, Strabo and Pliny the Elder). So, if you show that, Europeans were taken as slaves, and sent to parts of Africa, to work and for concubines, I think it would help to show that whites aren't as bad as a lot of blacks try to make them out to be. It shows that no one is free from blame in doing evil acts. Human beings can do some terrible things, but all we can really do about it is is learn and grow from it.
I've read up on Kush, and some of the West African kingdoms, but this is all interesting. I didn't know about the secret societies.

Old 03-16-2013, 04:32 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,363,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I've read up on Kush, and some of the West African kingdoms, but this is all interesting. I didn't know about the secret societies.
Yep,

Look up Poro, Komo, Ogboni, bundu, and sande. Men and women are separated in those societies. Like Sande is strictly for women, and Poro strictly for men.

How it would have worked before colonization is, those societies served as grade schools for men and women. Boys were initiated at 7 or 8 and the same for women. Men studied for 7 years and women for 4 years. They came out with a spiritual/esoteric and general education. They were taught trades, like black smiths, or whatever other types of careers they had in those kingdoms. Then there was a university in Guinea that was a part of this system. So if the person wanted to go on for further education, they would then go to that place. People outside of whatever kingdom the society belonged to, were generally not allowed in. UNLESS that person happened to stumble upon one of the secret teachings as it was being taught. Then the poro members had two choices. Either initiate the person or put them to death. I would liken it to Freemasonry, except this was compulsory education for all people in the kingdom back then. At least the first seven years of education was. Also, as stated, there are writing systems that are associated with these societies. If you research Komo, some European researchers have witnessed the writing system, though they were not told what the symbols mean or what was being written. There was a French researcher whose name I forgot, who talks about Bambara society and religion, that would be a good book to read if your interested. In Africa the idea of education for all is very different. 1. You must work to earn knowledge 2. One is not taught what the teacher feels is beyond their capacity or station. 3. Knowledge is dangerous in the wrong hands and so are words and especially the written word. So they limit its use and how its used.

Here is a interview of a very prominent researcher. He is European American but his focus is on Africa. He talks about the societies later in the interview. He shows too that the societies created bridges between different kingdoms. So lets say I am komo but I am from the Mende Kingdom and you are Komo but you are from Edo Kingdom. Well, because we are both initiates we would be able to travel and trade among the two kingdoms. We would be obliged to provided relief to the other in time of need etc. These societies have secret handshakes, signs of recognition etc. When you read about some of the teachings you are going to find very VERY strong parallels with ancient Egypt. Such as the Royal Vulture and the Noble Hyena and what those represent etc.

Anyway here is the interview with Dr. Christopher Ehret World History Connected | Vol. 2 No. 1 | Christopher Ehret: "Christopher Ehret"

Old 03-16-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayNagin504 View Post
Wild style you are speaking the true but society is taught otherwise. It's for a reason. I think if you tell a group of people that they lived naked and were only good for labor then you can brain wash him. People believe everything came from the Greeks and Romans.
Well of course. You can't enslave a group of people or colonize a continent, while at the same time extolling the virtues of those people, it wont work. Someone will wake up one day and say "hey wait a minute, if we were doing all those things, why are listening to you, lets take this back."

Old 03-17-2013, 09:17 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Yep,

Look up Poro, Komo, Ogboni, bundu, and sande. Men and women are separated in those societies. Like Sande is strictly for women, and Poro strictly for men.

How it would have worked before colonization is, those societies served as grade schools for men and women. Boys were initiated at 7 or 8 and the same for women. Men studied for 7 years and women for 4 years. They came out with a spiritual/esoteric and general education. They were taught trades, like black smiths, or whatever other types of careers they had in those kingdoms. Then there was a university in Guinea that was a part of this system. So if the person wanted to go on for further education, they would then go to that place. People outside of whatever kingdom the society belonged to, were generally not allowed in. UNLESS that person happened to stumble upon one of the secret teachings as it was being taught. Then the poro members had two choices. Either initiate the person or put them to death. I would liken it to Freemasonry, except this was compulsory education for all people in the kingdom back then. At least the first seven years of education was. Also, as stated, there are writing systems that are associated with these societies. If you research Komo, some European researchers have witnessed the writing system, though they were not told what the symbols mean or what was being written. There was a French researcher whose name I forgot, who talks about Bambara society and religion, that would be a good book to read if your interested. In Africa the idea of education for all is very different. 1. You must work to earn knowledge 2. One is not taught what the teacher feels is beyond their capacity or station. 3. Knowledge is dangerous in the wrong hands and so are words and especially the written word. So they limit its use and how its used.

Here is a interview of a very prominent researcher. He is European American but his focus is on Africa. He talks about the societies later in the interview. He shows too that the societies created bridges between different kingdoms. So lets say I am komo but I am from the Mende Kingdom and you are Komo but you are from Edo Kingdom. Well, because we are both initiates we would be able to travel and trade among the two kingdoms. We would be obliged to provided relief to the other in time of need etc. These societies have secret handshakes, signs of recognition etc. When you read about some of the teachings you are going to find very VERY strong parallels with ancient Egypt. Such as the Royal Vulture and the Noble Hyena and what those represent etc.

Anyway here is the interview with Dr. Christopher Ehret World History Connected | Vol. 2 No. 1 | Christopher Ehret: "Christopher Ehret"
This is interesting as hell.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:00 PM

91 posts, read 248,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclealbertt View Post
You can't even imagine the poverty before the end of segregation. While Overtown did have a bustling middle and upper class like most black neighborhoods in those days, the poverty was much more extreme. There were slum like conditions that these dangerous neighborhoods don't match up with nowadays.
How is Overtown these days? Judging from it's location, it's ripe for gentrification.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
3. Knowledge is dangerous in the wrong hands and so are words and especially the written word. So they limit its use and how its used.
Do you think they think this is still true (a defacto "educational policy")?

They can rest assured that any hands can be the wrong hands.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:36 AM

25 posts, read 21,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-sol View Post
How is Overtown these days? Judging from it's location, it's ripe for gentrification.
Yeah, I know. Tell me about it. After all these years, the fact that it has not been gentrified should be a crime.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESpencer84 View Post
Yeah, I know. Tell me about it. After all these years, the fact that it has not been gentrified should be a crime.
I'm sure it will be once the economy somewhat recovers. It will be like Alexandria, VA: poor people on high-value land (DC is even more insane; the Great Recession hasn't slowed the gentrification train one bit)? Not any more. Young people with money didn't care about living next to poor people. Up go the property taxes and out go the poor. Overtown looks like it's a stone's throw from downtown and with the escalating price of fuel, it's just a matter of time before a genius buys up the land and fixtures there, rehabs them, raises the rent (justified by raising the property taxes) and out will go the poor.

This goes back to what I said about black culture being dysfunctional. I don't know about Overtown, but I can speak for DC and Alexandria. The black people living there keep shooting and killing each other (thanks to the prison/institutionalized mentality of "stop snitching") and the residents don't do anything about it aside from praying, or just don't take of the area (litter and graffiti, old rusted-out cars, eyesores everywhere) or don't have any activity that increases revenue (monies flow out of the neighborhood to other people's communities). That is why it always seems like blacks are the target of gentrification. It's economics, not so much race. Poor, uneducated and undereducated people are a prime target. Why else is Cancer Alley in an area completely surrounded by poor, uneducated and undereducated people? What educated person is going to allow carcinogens to be dumped in their water supply?

I do know that for Overtown, Flagler wanted his employees living close to the worksite, so that's why many blacks live there. What a prime piece of land! In any major city, you'd spend a couple of wads of cash to live close to downtown.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-sol View Post
Do you think they think this is still true (a defacto "educational policy")?

They can rest assured that any hands can be the wrong hands.
Well there is "African" knowledge back there and western knowledge (the system Europeans brought). They definitely believe the African knowledge is not for everyone and not accessible to non initiates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami